Runescape's 15th Anniversary

Alvin

Today 15 years ago, the Gower brothers announced the release of Runescape.

I know must of us hate Runescape now but we all have (unless you're the most boring person ever) a good/funny memory. My favorite memory of Runescape was when I was 11 (2011) pretending to be a female and was paid 2m to tell somebody a dirty story. I spent all that money gambling :xdoge:

What is your favorite memory of Runescape?

• Like 1

I remember this when I was around 8 so 2006-07. Someone was pming me at grand exchange and told me a way to get 1m for free. I was told if I change my password to 1million and wait 5 mins, I will have 1m in my account. I thought this was some sort of trick/glitch I guess. Back then, your username was basically your login so It was easy for the person to log onto my account. He logged on and took my full addy and rune scim. I remember crying.

• Like 1

Me, Jeff (cousin), Dakota (cousin) had all just gotten our first whips (made us all feel like we basically ran Runescape). Probably lvl 80-90s, deep in pvp. This was way back when pures were not a thing and you just had any stat you wanted to raise, no pattern or goal. Anyways we see a lvl 67 deep in wild with a whip. We all yell to attack him and he 2 specs Jeff dead and he loses his whip. I yell run, Jeff cries, and Dakota and I run to safety laughing our asses off while the pure chases us and taunts us.

Edited by prayz

I think my favorite moment playing the game was getting my first 99 (strength). I was like 13ish so my patience level was too low to continuously work on one skill so I always had a shitty character. I decided to go for strength because of course I wanted to hit high af. I just remember the all nighters I would pull killing dags or bandits, and of course making sure my parents never knew I was awake that late at night ph34r.pngph34r.pngph34r.png

As far as funny: the friend that introduced me to RS and I used to scam people in Draynor (so this is like 2005). All I remember is the best item we got was a rune med helm and we were literally freaking out. Sold it to the general store for like 8k and split it and we thought we were super rich.

Ahh how joyful the game used to be :P

Some of my favorite memory of Runescape :

1) Team up with my 2 buddies to kill one of our "enemy". That time we could mashed right mouse button to close door / gate, we waited the enemy to go into the cow farm, my 2 buddies went in to attack him, while i was outside of the gate to make sure the enemy couldn't open the gate to escape. It was funny but cruel too seeing him kept begging not to kill him. (you lost everything when u were killed, nothing left)

2) Magic and bow's level weren't calculated into the overall Level that time (or affected the overall level very minimally). I created a character just to level up magic level, and used the char to kill any player that were similar level as mine. Usually a few hits will kill the opponents. No wilderness that time, players can attack anyone anywhere except the small spawning area. (within +- 3 levels)

3) Used a middle level char to check where was my main enemy's leveling. Waited for him to engage in combat (usually with the highest level mob), and then login with my main char to "help" the mob to attack the enemy. Successfully killed him and felt good tongue.png

Most NOT fun moment :

1) After stopping the game for a few years, i login the game and went to adventure in the wilderness (i already prepared if i saw any player, i would just run away asap).

Went in pretty deep area, saw a group of 5 players walking toward me, i knew something bad would happen, so i started running away. Thought i could escape, but didn't realize Jagex added some abilities like "binding" opponent (no such skill before i quit RS). I tried my best to run but at the end i got killed while it was just a few more steps to leave the wilderness area. Pretty bad luck! 

Edited by dingdang