Un-moderated (18+) section

Benz

Adult forum section  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Should an 18+ section be added to the forums?

• Yes, if people are easily offended they can simply not enter it.
    • No, it's too inappropriate for this community.

This forum section would allow all dirty and inappropriate jokes, images of nudity and general posts that would elsewhere result in a punishment. Player safety, for example, posting links that could compromise the integrity of another persons system, or real life threats would obviously still result in a ban. This section would be intended for those who are not easily offended and as such, it should be 18+ and have an 'Are you sure you want to enter the un-moderated section' pop-up.

I'm sick of getting warnings for things that others deem inappropriate but I think are acceptable.

Discuss.

EDIT:

Next post is 420th, I'd better get thinking.

Edited by Benz

Regardless of the fact that there's the "18+" and "enter at your own risk" there still will be minors and people who cannot handle jokes.

What I believe will happen is that this "un-moderated" forum will result in people really writing hateful words about each other even kind of e-bullying.

And for that reason flaming can still be forbidden.

It could be restricted to disallow those who are registered as under 18 from entering it.

Those who attempt to make a new account to bypass this 18+ rule would be hit by your 'only one forum account' situation. 

EDIT:

Wasted my 420th on this post so I'm going to add some green.

A3TWKfl.png

Edited by Benz
  • Like 3

I think that whilst being "un-moderated" that you really do enter at your own risk. If "e-bullying" is happening and you don't like it; don't enter.

So people can write very hateful words about you on a different forum and you wouldn't even care in the slighest bit?

Even if you don't enter, there would still be hateful words.

Don't try and say "if you didn't enter you wouldn't know there were hateful words in the first place!!" because you know these days everyone just screenshots it and sends it to the person anyway.

And for that reason flaming can still be forbidden.

It could be restricted to disallow those who are registered as under 18 from entering it.

Those who attempt to make a new account to bypass this 18+ rule would be hit by your 'only one forum account' situation. 

EDIT:

Wasted my 420th on this post so I'm going to add some green.

A3TWKfl.png

I do enjoy the concept, but there are a lot of negatives. That's why I said no, because there wouldn't be rules. What you are saying now, makes it a bit of a "still moderated forum with a few rules" :p

I just think it'll be too difficult to mark the barrier between what is acceptable to be posted and what is not...

So people can write very hateful words about you on a different forum and you wouldn't even care in the slighest bit?

Even if you don't enter, there would still be hateful words.

Don't try and say "if you didn't enter you wouldn't know there were hateful words in the first place!!" because you know these days everyone just screenshots it and sends it to the person anyway.

I do enjoy the concept, but there are a lot of negatives. That's why I said no, because there wouldn't be rules. What you are saying now, makes it a bit of a "still moderated forum with a few rules" tongue.png

I just think it'll be too difficult to mark the barrier between what is acceptable to be posted and what is not...

I wouldn't mind. Sure, you're going to say "yeah you would, don't lie" but I'm being 100% honest. Every single one of you are irrelevant to me just as I am to you. It's just useless banter on a botting forum for a pixelated game that died in 2007 and has been revived. 

On that note, I agree with your side as well. Mainly because there would be buttloads of negatives. 

Also, on @Anne's second post; 

I am with you on this. Marking the barriers would be challenging and too much of a bother to even try.

Edited by Jiraiya