nerds didnt get anything hahaha

resistance001

my main was hacked yesterday now i logged in and see my character at ge those noobs didnt come further because of my bank pin and i was luckly training agility and had nothing on me hahahah now i put pw authenticer and changed everything and cleaned my computer before

It's not a keylogger otherwise they'd have your bank pin. You won't find many keyloggers for RS because anyone with the intent, dedication, and knowledge to keylog you probably is after more than just your Runescape account lel.

In all likeliness you probably got phished from one of those youtube clan videos or whatever. Posting this again for outreach to less educated people who don't know account safety:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This public service announcement contains a short guide on the do's and don't of keeping your RuneScape account safe! Read carefully and follow the information provided for the best results in account security!

✓ Do's:

• Do: Check all Local Script threads for verification from a Trusted scripter stating clearly that the script is not malicious!
  • Do: Download Google Authenticator and set up the Application with your account on the Runescape.com Account settings portal.
  • Do: Make sure your account e-mail is verified through Runescape.com
  • Do: Whenever entering your password on ANY site, make sure the URL doesn't have anything "phishy" in it! (e.g. "http://www.runescape.c.om", "http://www.runescape.com.de"
  •  "http://www.runescape.com.ee/155.184.24.86/login.ws/portal"
  • Do: FREQUENTLY scan your computer for viruses, trojans, keyloggers, malware, adware, etc. Don't be lazy, it can save you a lot of trouble to take the 5 minutes to run the scan.

​​

X Do not's:

• Do not: Visit sites that you found on a Youtube video that some idiot was advertising at the grand exchange
  • Do not: Sign up for any website that promises you free gold
  • Do not: Enter your password on a website that does not contain and only contain "http://www.runescape.com" as the main url. AGAIN, BEWARE OF SUB DOMAINS.
  • Do not: Respond to e-mails from Jagex asking you to update your security information. E-mails should only be sent to you in regard to updating information if you requested a change.

FOLLOW THESE SIMPLE RULES AND YOU'LL STAY GOLDEN, PONY BOY.

Edited by Paradox68
  • Like 1

It's not a keylogger otherwise they'd have your bank pin. You won't find many keyloggers for RS because anyone with the intent, dedication, and knowledge to keylog you probably is after more than just your Runescape account lel.

In all likeliness you probably got phished from one of those youtube clan videos or whatever. Posting this again for outreach to less educated people who don't know account safety:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This public service announcement contains a short guide on the do's and don't of keeping your RuneScape account safe! Read carefully and follow the information provided for the best results in account security!

✓ Do's:

• Do: Check all Local Script threads for verification from a Trusted scripter stating clearly that the script is not malicious!
  • Do: Download Google Authenticator and set up the Application with your account on the Runescape.com Account settings portal.
  • Do: Make sure your account e-mail is verified through Runescape.com
  • Do: Whenever entering your password on ANY site, make sure the URL doesn't have anything "phishy" in it! (e.g. "http://www.runescape.c.om", "http://www.runescape.com.de"
  •  "http://www.runescape.com.ee/155.184.24.86/login.ws/portal"
  • Do: FREQUENTLY scan your computer for viruses, trojans, keyloggers, malware, adware, etc. Don't be lazy, it can save you a lot of trouble to take the 5 minutes to run the scan.

​​

X Do not's:

• Do not: Visit sites that you found on a Youtube video that some idiot was advertising at the grand exchange
  • Do not: Sign up for any website that promises you free gold
  • Do not: Enter your password on a website that does not contain and only contain "http://www.runescape.com" as the main url. AGAIN, BEWARE OF SUB DOMAINS.
  • Do not: Respond to e-mails from Jagex asking you to update your security information. E-mails should only be sent to you in regard to updating information if you requested a change.

FOLLOW THESE SIMPLE RULES AND YOU'LL STAY GOLDEN, PONY BOY.

Not as hard as you'd imagine I can get a FUD keylogger for < $50 then the only part left is getting people to execute a program that looks (and runs) legit. By the time AVs pick up on that variation a lot of accounts could be wiped. 

Edited by brandonmw420

Keyloggers cant get you the victim's bank pin cause the hacker only gets the logs of what you have written? (correct me if im wrongerino)

I've never used a bank pin but I would imagine that if you have one you have to enter it to use your bank? If so it would be as simple as looking at entries entered on runescape client and looking for where victim types 4 numbers in a row ( or whatever it may be ) 

edit:unless rs has a system where you can click in your password instead of enter it, then your best bet would be a RAT of some sort and watch them as they click it in. 

Edited by brandonmw420

Keyloggers cant get you the victim's bank pin cause the hacker only gets the logs of what you have written? (correct me if im wrongerino)

There are keylogers available that take a screenshot on every click but since rs blacks out the numbers on click you will need a pretty advanced keylogger. Probably custom made for RS.

Those 'tools' are highly priced and you won't see someone use it for a RuneScape account lolz.

They are not hard to make when you know how they work. The biggest mistake people often do when looking how-to and other info is that they search for "How to make RuneScape bot" when they are supposed to search for "JVM Reflection"..

Those 'tools' are highly priced and you won't see someone use it for a RuneScape account lolz.

Can get them for under 50$ or even free if you know where to look

They are not hard to make when you know how they work. The biggest mistake people often do when looking how-to and other info is that they search for "How to make RuneScape bot" when they are supposed to search for "JVM Reflection"..

Don't tell them the secrets :P

A keylogger doesnt read mouse clicks, the bank pin isnt typed in.

i have a suspicion a level 3 noob wrote in a clanchat "pm me if you want to know how to make 10-30m" then i pmed him and asked him how to do (i know its a scam but i was curious and wanted to know how they scam those days) so he told me to watch a video on youtube an messaged me the title of the video search xxx on youtube i watched it and got hacked later but now the master question

how do they scam through youtube? just by watching a video?

or wasnt it youtube