Barbarian Outpost Minigame script

SonPk0

Just wondering if anyone has attempted such a script? Equally would someone be willing to work as a team with me to create it?

Or how much would someone charge to build such a script? Just wondering what you guys think as I reckon there's a whole load of people out there that want such a script.

Cheers

I'm no script expert, but I've scripted Java quite a lot as I am a software engineer. I've checked out some source code for some of the more complicated scripts and I'm telling you now if it's taking you 1 year to develop a script like that you need to go back to college/uni.

I wrote a whole ERP system in 5 months so I highly doubt a script for a bot would take much longer...

• Like 1

I'm no script expert, but I've scripted Java quite a lot as I am a software engineer. I've checked out some source code for some of the more complicated scripts and I'm telling you now if it's taking you 1 year to develop a script like that you need to go back to college/uni.

I wrote a whole ERP system in 5 months so I highly doubt a script for a bot would take much longer...

If you're so damn good why aren't you scripting it facep.giffacep.gif

If that's the case you should be able to learn the API in a few hours. I'm not sure why one would write an ERP system, aren't there already like hundreds out there? :p

This script would take forever to make.

Let alone the defence role. I'll see that being one of the main problems coding.

Healer role having problem healing players, poisoning every healer npc. You'll get kicked from the team lol.

The most I see coming close to a script for BA would be for attacker, and collector role.

Attacker role because you can simply just add a detection for the style being called, switch styles accordingly, and make it find an attackable npc. Mind you, you'll need to have it switch weapons as well.

Collector role can simply detect the egg being called, and pick up eggs accordingly.

Goodluck man.

If that's the case you should be able to learn the API in a few hours. I'm not sure why one would write an ERP system, aren't there already like hundreds out there? tongue.png

Because the company I work for write ERP systems and sell them/support their own system for profits. That's why. Besides, most of the universal ERP systems you can pick up don't fit the need for most large businesses. Each customer needs different programs within their system so paying a company to do such a system would make more sense than buying multiple ERP systems of which none suit their needs. I never said I am a java pro but like I said I've had a dabble in it. The guy above me has explained why it would be so complex, that was the answer I was looking for not a load of face palm emoji's. As I've said before, forums are a place where you can ask for help/express your opinion, I am merely asking if it can be done, how long it would take and what the complications would be.

This script would take forever to make.

Let alone the defence role. I'll see that being one of the main problems coding.

Healer role having problem healing players, poisoning every healer npc. You'll get kicked from the team lol.

The most I see coming close to a script for BA would be for attacker, and collector role.

Attacker role because you can simply just add a detection for the style being called, switch styles accordingly, and make it find an attackable npc. Mind you, you'll need to have it switch weapons as well.

Collector role can simply detect the egg being called, and pick up eggs accordingly.

Goodluck man.

This is the answer I was looking for. Thank you for a genuine response, I now understand why there isn't a script as such yet.

As a reply to the topic on a whole, I understand it would take a long long time to develop and test. However their isn't yet a script for barb outpost minigame across the board (meaning no other botting service has developed such a script). So my suggestion (if people are willing to put some time and effort in) is to perhaps have a team of 10 or more developers working on it at once. With the right marketing this script would be a gold mine, fair enough it would take a long long time to develop but why not have a go at it anyway? I mean worst case scenario is that it's not possible to code, best case scenario is that it works, and we can get it marketed out on multiple sites and make a fortune from it. 

I'm talking spare time coding not full time, maybe a couple of hours a week from each of 10 developers. If we made this happen I think the profits would be absolutely huge. Nothing solid but just a suggestion that could be discussed by a few of the top developers? Let me know your opinions.

Edited by SonPk0

• 4 weeks later...