Don't use IDs when scripting!

Laz

This has been stated before, however some of you may still be using ids in your scripts and simply updating them. The problem with this however is that we have evidence that Jagex might be personalizing maps per person. This means, Jagex has the ability to dynamically alter object ids, per person. So while a script may work well based on ids for one person, it might not work at all for someone else. 

We don't believe they're doing this for NPCs or items, however, Jagex has been shuffling NPC ids around on updates. Items seem to be the only thing that hasn't been shuffled around. And for the record, it is possible that could in the future personalize NPC ids as well.

My recommendations are, only use ids for items. Try to use names for objects and NPCs or model ids. We are aware that some objects have nulled definitions, meaning their names are "null" and all info related to them. We are working on a patch for this, which will be introduced in the v1.8.X release. We have fixed nulled definitions as of v1.7.21.

Sincerely,

Laz and the OSBot Team.

• Like 4

Jagex should quit messing around with some ID's.

And just get the servers balanced...

Servers balanced?

ye, with balanced i mean

-Stable

-Making worlds more balanced with players (I've seen worlds with less then 100 ppl at most of the time)

By closing some servers, would balance it more.