How hard is it to make this?

hurbar3

Just to kill the rumors the only reason scripts like that are not allowed premium is because the method is good for a little then dies off quickly. Plus in the past we had these scripts. The scripters would make a couple quick bucks and run away and forget about the script.

So...... now it's on the non wanted list

• Like 1

We scripters have debates almost on a daily basis in our private section, sometimes with polls and stuff like that.

The thing is, this is not a democracy AT ALL, we have no say AT ALL, and there's pretty much nothing we can do in order to obtain what the majority of us wants. Polls get closed down or ignored, favoritism reigns, threads get locked, the people in charge just won't listen to us let alone join the debate'. I guess we could go on a strike, but I don't see that happening AT ALL either.

You guys have more power than you realize.

If you guys want to make change, you guys need to instill fear. Make them realize that you guys can easily move to another client, bringing along your customers, which would impact them a lot more than eazing up on the rules (and possibly quality checking them?).

US government uses fear to assert themselves all the time. Works like a charm. You guys have the power (are in the position) to do so. Just some food for thought..

Just to kill the rumors the only reason scripts like that are not allowed premium is because the method is good for a little then dies off quickly. Plus in the past we had these scripts. The scripters would make a couple quick bucks and run away and forget about the script.

So...... now it's on the non wanted list

There's a difference between non-wanted and non-allowed. Not to mention, the economy changes, so it's not completely strange that some scripts don't share the same longevity.

Scripts are bound to end up out-dated and/or forgotten about at some point. If not, why is the amount of new scripts being released waaay higher than the amount of content being released on the game? There are scripts being written now that'll be forgetten within a week or so.

If they are not wanted, they will not be bought. If they are not bought, there will be no incentive to make them. If they are bought, then apparently some people wanted it. It would definitely work itself out..

Edited by fixthissite

You guys have more power than you realize.

If you guys want to make change, you guys need to instill fear. Make them realize that you guys can easily move to another client, bringing along your customers, which would impact them a lot more than eazing up on the rules (and possibly quality checking them?).

US government uses fear to assert themselves all the time. Works like a charm. You guys have the power (are in the position) to do so. Just some food for thought..

Been there, done that. I know you have not seen the private section nor been here for very long like me. Before we never had the communication we have now. We actually have more power then we did before. I believe this is all we are going to get, for now..... The blue pixie could probably vouch for this.

On-topic:

The script would be fairly easy to make for any person already familiar with scripting. If you don't know Java or how to script then no, it wouldn't be easy.

Off-topic:

The reason those scripts are not allowed has little to nothing to do with scripts crashing prices. I was speaking with Alek the other day and historically scripters who have released those scripts have made quick sales, left the scripts to rot, then left OSBot with a bunch of refunds to deal with.

Do I feel these scripts should not be allowed (as premium) because of this? Absolutely not, they should just be vetted for quality like every other script, fear of abandonment is a lame excuse in my personal opinion, but I don't make the rules and people around here rarely change their minds.

• Like 2

On-topic:

The script would be fairly easy to make for any person already familiar with scripting. If you don't know Java or how to script then no, it wouldn't be easy.

Off-topic:

The reason those scripts are now allowed has little to nothing to do with scripts crashing prices. I was speaking with Alek the other day and historically scripters who have released those scripts have made quick sales, left the scripts to rot, then left OSBot with a bunch of refunds to deal with.

Do I feel these scripts should not be allowed (as premium) because of this? Absolutely not, they should just be vetted for quality like every other script, fear of abandonment is a lame excuse in my personal opinion, but I don't make the rules and people around here rarely change their minds.

I can see how that situation could be a problem. But it's the context of the situation that makes it a problem (no quality check, no disclaimers on scripts that don't get checked for quality, ect... No professionalism).

As you said, people around here rarely change their mind. They have no incentive to change their mind. Fear would give that incentive.

Like I said, it's just some food for thought. If scripters want change (which it seems they do), they'll think about it and formulate some way to make that change; I'm just trying to make them realize they have more power than they apparently realize.

Think of it similar to the American Revolution. If America accepted the answer "No" from the British as easily as you guys are, there would be no America.

• Like 1

Off-topic:

I can see how that situation could be a problem. But it's the context of the situation that makes it a problem (no quality check, no disclaimers on scripts that don't get checked for quality, ect... No professionalism).

As you said, people around here rarely change their mind. They have no incentive to change their mind. Fear would give that incentive.

Like I said, it's just some food for thought. If scripters want change (which it seems they do), they'll think about it and formulate some way to make that change; I'm just trying to make them realize they have more power than they apparently realize.

Think of it similar to the American Revolution. If America accepted the answer "No" from the British as easily as you guys are, there would be no America.

While I'm not personally interested in spending my time to change much at the moment, your analogy is at least slightly flawed.

1. Most scripters don't care.
  2. A lot of scripters do not like each other and won't work together.
  3. If somebody really wanted to released a premium shop buyer I'm sure they could send Alek and Maldesto a PM with very solid logically reasoning as to why it would be a good idea before resorting to fear tactics, I haven't seen anyone try that.
  • Like 1

Off-topic:

While I'm not personally interested in spending my time to change much at the moment, your analogy is at least slightly flawed.

• Most scripters don't care.
  • A lot of scripters do not like each other and won't work together.
  • If somebody really wanted to released a premium shop buyer I'm sure they could send Alek and Maldesto a PM with very solid logically reasoning as to why it would be a good idea before resorting to fear tactics, I haven't seen anyone try that.
The replies/likes on this thread prove scripters do care (although not all scripters have posted in this thread admitting it, apparently there are some reputable scripters who do care).

jose stated that scripters are slowly improving on communication. I'm aware a lot of scripters don't like each other. But if they wanted change, "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" should come into play, and they should suck up their pride temporarily. But that's a different story (on maturity).

Yes, pming them about the situation would be a lot easier/tamer than what I suggested. If you haven't seen anyone do it, that's probably because it was in a "private" message. Alek does not have a PM button on his profile (last time I checked), and I see no reason for a non-scripting admin who is currently running their own RSPS to do anything more/less than redirect you to the rules.

The lack of effort put into ensuring distribution of safe but progressive scripts is overwhelming. It seems as if pros and cons are not weighed, and the rules are put in place due to paranoia of previous failures which are never examined properly to see why they failed. All I'm saying is if scripters want change, they gotta make it; they must stop putting their tails between their legs.

I'll leave it at this; no need to be filling this thread up with debate. Although, I do hope scripters realize their position.

Edited by fixthissite

The replies/likes on this thread prove scripters do care (although not all scripters have posted in this thread admitting it, apparently there are some reputable scripters who do care).

jose stated that scripters are slowly improving on communication. I'm aware a lot of scripters don't like each other. But if they wanted change, "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" should come into play, and they should suck up their pride temporarily. But that's a different story (on maturity).

Yes, pming them about the situation would be a lot easier/tamer than what I suggested. If you haven't seen anyone do it, that's probably because it was in a "private" message. Alek does not have a PM button on his profile (last time I checked), and I see no reason for a non-scripting admin who is currently running their own RSPS to do anything more/less than redirect you to the rules.

The lack of effort put into ensuring distribution of safe but progressive scripts is overwhelming. It seems as if pros and cons are not weighed, and the rules are put in place due to paranoia of previous failures which are never examined properly to see why they failed. All I'm saying is if scripters want change, they gotta make it; they must stop putting their tails between their legs.

I'll leave it at this; no need to be filling this thread up with debate. Although, I do hope scripters realize their position.

There was a debate yesterday, which included a poll. We won, of course, but nothing happened. The OSBot staff (devs/admins/sdn manager) all have the power, and all disagreed. The topic of the debate was price; an AIO script undercut a collection of scripts by a brutal amount.

• Like 1

We scripters have debates almost on a daily basis in our private section, sometimes with polls and stuff like that.

The thing is, this is not a democracy AT ALL, we have no say AT ALL, and there's pretty much nothing we can do in order to obtain what the majority of us wants. Polls get closed down or ignored, favoritism reigns, threads get locked, the people in charge just won't listen to us let alone join the debate'. I guess we could go on a strike, but I don't see that happening AT ALL either.

welcome to osbot :(

There was a debate yesterday, which included a poll. We won, of course, but nothing happened. The OSBot staff (devs/admins/sdn manager) all have the power, and all disagreed. The topic of the debate was price; an AIO script undercut a collection of scripts by a brutal amount.

Is that script (by chance...) owned by someone ranked higher than "official scripter"? If so, I'm not surprised at all, as I've seen a similar thing happen in the past. Scripters are allowing such things to happen, though.

Like I said, America would not be America if it weren't for soon-to-be Americans pushing for what they felt was justifiable. I do agree with Elliot when he implied instilling fear was not the most professional way to go about it. But when all else fails...

Is that script (by chance...) owned by someone ranked higher than "official scripter"? If so, I'm not surprised at all, as I've seen a similar thing happen in the past. Scripters are allowing such things to happen, though.

Like I said, America would not be America if it weren't for soon-to-be Americans pushing for what they felt was justifiable. I do agree with Elliot when he implied instilling fear was not the most professional way to go about it. But when all else fails...

Just to clarify for fixthissite, the "poll" Czar was referring to was so far off base that it almost had no relation to the actual discussion, and thus was discarded as not-useful. 

I've pushed for change in the past, sometimes successfully, sometimes not, but the post important thing is to present the real facts as they exist in reality as to not discredit yourself before any meaningful discussion can take place. 

Anyways I'm out of this thread sorry for contributing to the slight derail @OP.