Serious question: Should I sell stuff I no longer need?

NoahTheWeebWolf

Let me preface this by saying I ask both in terms of runescape and real-life stuff.

1. For real life stuff I have a really nice collection of old/new video games all in great condition. Thing is I also am really into emulation, and to date I have either hacked/bought flash carts for all my game systems. This includes a flash cart for N64 games,DS,3ds,Gameboy color and Game Boy advance. In other words, I can download any game for these systems and play it off of a single cartridge for each system off the original hardware like it was a retail copy... It's pretty bad ass...

I also hacked my Wii U to play Game Cube and Wii backups off an external hard drive.  More recently I paid someone to downgrade/hack my ps3, which now has over 80 ps1 games and 120 ps2 games stored on the internal 500gb hard drive(that I had to convert one by one so it'd be compatible which was a real bitch to deal with and took days but it's so bad ass now). I remember planning on all these games id download one day since 2011 so this collection has been developing for some time and I have every game I have ever wanted to play at my disposal.

Now I am sitting here thinking... Do I really need the physical copies too? Can't I just sell all my old games I no longer need and make a couple hundred dollars? I think the only thing holding me back at this point is the sentimental value... It'd help getting other's thoughts (especialy since I clearly no longer have a practical use for the physical copies other than feels).

2. As for runescape I am very close to max combat except for 99 range and 99 prayer(which I can afford if I sold my bank). I used to buy a lot of rare drops instead of earning them(rich noob problems) but now that I can easily get most of these items from fighting bosses I wonder if I should keep them? Besides I could sell them now and just earn them back later after I get 99 prayer? I am just trying to figure out if it's worth it (clearly, I could really use the money for skilling supplies and bonds).

Thanks in advance for your advice

• Like 1

I would never sell my GameCube or N64 stuff, but I use it all the time. tongue.png

Dude I know! I love my N64 so much I got like four controllers two transfer packs and 40 original game cartridges to go with my Everdrive 64 flash cart with all the N64 games in existance(english ones at least).

Game cube is cool too I even got the Game Boy player on there(which I think also works with the Game Boy color and gamboy advance flash carts) Not really interested in selling systems though just games, but it's so emotional =(.

Dude I know! I love my N64 so much I got like four controllers two transfer packs and 40 original game cartridges to go with my Everdrive 64 flash cart with all the N64 games in existance(english ones at least).

Game cube is cool too I even got the Game Boy player on there(which I think also works with the Game Boy color and gamboy advance flash carts) Not really interested in selling systems though just games, but it's so emotional =(.

If you are looking to sell them, Mald might be interested as he just bought a n64.