PlayerAuctions Trades

YoHoJo

In regards to this thread

http://osbot.org/forum/topic/7089-to-allow-the-use-of-player-auctionss-payment-checkout-link/

Every single other black market around allows PlayerAuctions trades, and I see absolutely no reason why it should not be allowed.

PlayerAuctions is the one and only 100% surefire way to ensure safety for both sides of the trade and prevent chargebacks on PayPal.

PlayerAuctions in no way competes with or can take away OSBot or it's market.

They do not provide any sort of Bot.

They are not a black market site (they have no forums or means of communication). Not many people visit PlayerAuctions organically in order to trade, the vast majority find specific users' PlayerAuction advertisements through Black Market forums such as OSBot.

It's not like people will be leaving OSBot in order for PlayerAuction's bot (which they don't have), forum (which they don't have), or community (which they don't have). They simply help facilitate safe trades and nothing else.

There is absolutely no harm at all in users selling goods via PlayerAuctions and even linking to their for sale offers here on OSBot.

As stated above every single Runescape black market forum allows it to be used/posed because it does not serve as a thread to them in any way at all, in fact it helps the forums themselves be more widely used. They simple middleman and facilitate trades.

Members of the market, let me know how you feel about this, I'm sure all of you will agree with my points.

Edited by YoHoJo
  • Like 2

I'm sure we have our reasons for not allowing PA-side trading. You'll probably have to wait for someone who's been here for longer than me or a Mod/Admin to answer that question - why we don't allow it.

Personally I don't think it's really necessary. Might just be me - I don't charge back, no reason to charge back, never had a charge back from anyone and even if I did I always have solid proof to win a dispute.

I'm sure we have our reasons for not allowing PA-side trading. You'll probably have to wait for someone who's been here for longer than me or a Mod/Admin to answer that question - why we don't allow it.

Personally I don't think it's really necessary. Might just be me - I don't charge back, no reason to charge back, never had a charge back from anyone and even if I did I always have solid proof to win a dispute.

I can't think of any reasons at all to not allow it, as I said every single other market allows it, since it in no way takes away from the website, it just helps facilitate trades. It's not like users will leave OSBot because PlayerAcutions has a better bot or forums or 'marketplace' because they don't have any of those things.

It's the internet, and the internet provides anonymity, so where there is money to be made there will always be an abundance of scammers.

There are a large number of people who chargeback and scam, and there always will be. Playeracutions helps ensure that that is not at all possible. It would be nice if everyone was true to their word and we could know they are trustable, but that's just not how the black market works.

Edited by YoHoJo

it is allowed, thing is you need to wait for approval on posting a link to your pa offer

This leads me to believe otherwise:

http://osbot.org/forum/topic/7089-to-allow-the-use-of-player-auctionss-payment-checkout-link/?p=79692

Why would you need any sort of approval for a PA link?

A PA link is  PA link, nothing harmful there.

Where did you hear/see this information, can you link it?

Edited by YoHoJo

Kati says she prefers if you do not use PA which means that it is allowed.

And I agree with you I'd like to be able to link people to PA and sell my goodies through their website.

Yeah I'm aware of that, that's the whole entire reason I made this thread tongue.png

Thanks for the support.

Edited by YoHoJo

OSBot want there own market place, By linking it to Player auctions you taking away OSBots market place thus no need for one, I like having just OSBot market place, But I also use both. So I support in some sense..

Linking people to your PA offer is not destroying OSBot's market. OSBot is used to communicate, advertise your offer and maybe negotiate. Linking people to your PA offer creates a safe way to do the trade. This still requires OSBot's forum.

• Like 1

OSBot want there own market place, By linking it to Player auctions you taking away OSBots market place thus no need for one, I like having just OSBot market place, But I also use both. So I support in some sense..

As stated in the OP and some of the reply posts I made, PlayerAuctions DOES NOT take away from other market places at all.

PA simply facilitates trades by acting as a virtual MM to protect both the buyer and seller.

In no way does it take people away from our market, because PA is not really a market (it has no forums or social aspect to it). It just allows people to trade safely.

Linking people to your PA offer is not destroying OSBot's market. OSBot is used to communicate, advertise your offer and maybe negotiate. Linking people to your PA offer creates a safe way to do the trade. This still requires OSBot's forum.

Very well stated :), exactly!

Edited by YoHoJo