OSBot 2.3.71 - Entity Interaction, API Cleanup, and New Skin

Alek

Make a fix? Does he even look at the bug report section? The last mirror update was 1 month ago. Mirror mode was suppose to be the big "game changer" but look at the abysmal support it gets.

If he's not working on some big update that he's been keeping quiet about, it's going to be pretty disappointing when he finally does release some sort of "update".

What you crying about kid?

Why complain about the lack of updates when really you should be happy that there is even a mirror client.

Why complain about the lack of updates when really you should be happy that there is even a mirror client.

Don't call me kid.

Yes, myself and others are very happy that there is a mirror client. But it has been out for 3 months now. The last update it received was a month ago. 

There was all this talk of "Lets bring OSbot back to the successful state it use to be in". The mirror client was and still is the factor that will do so.

Like great, you worked hard to create it, you released it and it clearly has proven to be a success in doing what it was meant to do. But what is the point of releasing it if you aren't going to maintain it. We have no idea what is being done, if anything is being done, to improve the mirror client. If we don't perfect it, someone else will.

• Like 1

He can complain if he wants to, he is a paying customer of OSBot and should be treated as such. Mirror mode was hyped and then no updates for a month, that's a problem that needs fixing.

In others news, cool update, @Alek.

• Like 2

Don't call me kid.

Yes, myself and others are very happy that there is a mirror client. But it has been out for 3 months now. The last update it received was a month ago.

There was all this talk of "Lets bring OSbot back to the successful state it use to be in". The mirror client was and still is the factor that will do so.

Like great, you worked hard to create it, you released it and it clearly has proven to be a success in doing what it was meant to do. But what is the point of releasing it if you aren't going to maintain it. We have no idea what is being done, if anything is being done, to improve the mirror client. If we don't perfect it, someone else will.

you're not asking the right question. Alek isn't responsible for the mirror client so it isn't his job, so stop having a go at him since he isn't responsible for it. You should be asking why MGI hasn't replyed saying how he is getting on.

I think the thing is, I think they can't fix the issues. Due to the complex nature of the mirror client and so nothing is being done.

Or this could be just typical osbot, (not you alek or zach)

MGI please prove me wrong.

you're not asking the right question. Alek isn't responsible for the mirror client so it isn't his job, so stop having a go at him since he isn't responsible for it. You should be asking why MGI hasn't replyed saying how he is getting on.

I think the thing is, I think they can't fix the issues. Due to the complex nature of the mirror client and so nothing is being done.

Or this could be just typical osbot, (not you alek or zach)

MGI please prove me wrong.

I'm not saying Alek is responsible. I'm well aware MGI is the only one who works on mirror. I'm simply asking WHEN will MGI do something and seeing as Alek and MGI are both devs, I'd assume they communicate so each would know what the other is doing.

If MGI isn't going to say what he's working on, if he's working on anything, maybe Alek can. Just wish they'd be more communicative with us.

I'm not saying Alek is responsible. I'm well aware MGI is the only one who works on mirror. I'm simply asking WHEN will MGI do something and seeing as Alek and MGI are both devs, I'd assume they communicate so each would know what the other is doing.

If MGI isn't going to say what he's working on, if he's working on anything, maybe Alek can. Just wish they'd be more communicative with us.

And this is why i have quit using osbot a while ago. If something breaks (or when there are issues) you have no idea if there is being worked on, same thing happened when osbot 2 came out. At least they should give some transperancy in what they are working on.

Edited by Saul Goodman

I have been making a release every weekend for about a year, that should be pretty transparent.

True, and i think i can speak on everyones behalf that we are glad you are updating so frequently.

I think the main point here is.. in mirror sections there are topics directly towards MGI and there

is no response at all. If he only could say that he is busy or working on something, it would be perfect.

• Like 2

Glad to see this new update, I have a feeling that ban rates will be reduced with this new entity interaction.

Alek, do you think you could implement a font API of sorts somehow? For example, being able to call something like (getFonts().RS_DIALOGUE) may help a lot of scripters make custom methods for interaction with dialogue and interfaces. If this is already included somewhere, ignore this. Just a suggestion :)