1000k OSGP giveaway - liquid programming.

LiquidMetal

Although I am new to the community, please allow me to introduce myself. I am a free thinker, as the people I have associated myself with over the years, who now are part of an advanced team that uses computers to further us in all types of sciences.

The 1000k giveaway

The way this will work is rather unique. I'm asking you to come up with a new idea or thought. Whether it be attributed to something physical, or mental. I only ask that you come up with someone that gets you and others thinking in a positive way to further your mind. 

Below, i'd like you to post your idea or thought. The one that receives the most likes will win the 1000k. You are not allowed to like your own. This will end at 12:00 AM eastern time 7/14/2013.
Also, if you do not like anyone else's post, you are not allowed to win.

Examples of what your idea can be about, some taken from this forums intellectual discussion section.

• Other forms of life
  • Life after death & the paranormal
  • Technology
  • Laws
  • Religion [be sensitive, do not bash any other religion in any way]
  • Science
  • World views on what is "right" and "wrong".

Use your brain. I made this because I want people to realize how smart they actually are, and what they can actually come up with using nothing other than their own intelligence. 

Best of luck

Add on -> If you're interested in liquid programming, please contact me via private message over this forum.
Things we value

• Intelligence
  • Computer skills
  • Applied science skills
  • Free thinkers
  • Computer graphic skills
  • Scripting skills such as java, css, html, xhtml, etc.

Edited by LiquidMetal
  • Like 3

Are mermaids real? Let me start by saying that humans are very different than all other terrestrial (living on land) mammals. Aside from our sentience and sapience and our amazing intelligence, our spines are much straighter and more flexible in comparison to other terrestrial mammals; our fingers are partially webbed. We can control our breathing like no other mammal on Earth. Did you know that human babies can hold their breath instinctively? Any other terrestrial mammal's offspring would drown. We have a thick layer of insulating fat thats purpose is to keep us warm in water . The only other type of mammal with a fat layer similar to ours is marine mammals. We are also the only land mammals that sweat, an adaptation more suited for marine life. What I'm trying to conjecture here is that maybe, somewhere in our evolutionary lineage, we were borne of the sea. Before discarding this thought, think about it: earlier in Earth's history , food was much more plentiful in the oceans than it was on land. It was advantageous and probable that our ancestors adapted in some way, over millions of years, to accommodate this. Look at modern polar bears. Hundreds of thousands of years ago, a group of brown bears that lived in frigid regions split from the normal line of evolution to take advantage of the plentiful supply of food in the ocean . They grew to hold their breath longer, and grew a tolerance for colder weather and freezing waters. These bears are what we know today as polar bears. We're actually witnessing a species adapting to its environment over time right now! If polar bears are changing into marine mammals now, why, somewhere down the line, couldn't this have happened to humans?

In recent years, there have been recurring spottings of an unknown genus of dolphin, or a completely unknown species of marine mammal. All of these spottings have only been in partiality; only parts of these species have been recovered. What has been recovered suggests that, due to the discovery of a hinged ribcage, finger-like bones in the tail fin, a large spleen (common in marine mammals), and the remains of leg and hip bones with an iliac crest (a bone formation designed to support weight), these creatures are very, very similar to us. If you didn't already know, a vestigial structure in an organism is a part that serves no purpose, but still appears in said organism, like how many species of whales still have hip bones. Vestigial structures were most likely used in past variants of a species. The iliac crests found have to mean that these unknown, humanoid creatures once walked on land. And there's only one type of creature that walks completely upright on two legs with iliac crests like the ones found in this creature... You and me.

I believe mermaids exist, just not in the idea that many believe it in. They are a remnant of an early evolution that branched off of us because most of the early world was water. Some of our ancestors may have gotten stranded on an island and turned to the water instead of staying on land like we did. They were forced to go to the water and evolutionized into what I believe are Mermaids.

• Like 1

The best quote I have ever heard and by far my favourite is by a science fiction auther Arther C. Clarke.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”
I am a very firm believer that we are not alone in the universe. It's massive expanses have to contain life of some matter.....and suggested by statistical possibilities, it should be intelligent.....

But what if its just us....what if we spend the next few million years developing as a race and exploring the universe and constantly finding nothing...nothing but spinning moving objects, gas clouds, and balls of heat....no other life...thats a lonely lonely place.

what if you and a handful of people travelled millions of light years and still found nothing.... you and those people would be the most alone people ever. What a terrifying thought.

anyway that's what gets my mind thinking.

Are mermaids real? Let me start by saying that humans are very different than all other terrestrial (living on land) mammals. Aside from our sentience and sapience and our amazing intelligence, our spines are much straighter and more flexible in comparison to other terrestrial mammals; our fingers are partially webbed. We can control our breathing like no other mammal on Earth. Did you know that human babies can hold their breath instinctively? Any other terrestrial mammal's offspring would drown. We have a thick layer of insulating fat thats purpose is to keep us warm in water . The only other type of mammal with a fat layer similar to ours is marine mammals. We are also the only land mammals that sweat, an adaptation more suited for marine life. What I'm trying to conjecture here is that maybe, somewhere in our evolutionary lineage, we were borne of the sea. Before discarding this thought, think about it: earlier in Earth's history , food was much more plentiful in the oceans than it was on land. It was advantageous and probable that our ancestors adapted in some way, over millions of years, to accommodate this. Look at modern polar bears. Hundreds of thousands of years ago, a group of brown bears that lived in frigid regions split from the normal line of evolution to take advantage of the plentiful supply of food in the ocean . They grew to hold their breath longer, and grew a tolerance for colder weather and freezing waters. These bears are what we know today as polar bears. We're actually witnessing a species adapting to its environment over time right now! If polar bears are changing into marine mammals now, why, somewhere down the line, couldn't this have happened to humans?

In recent years, there have been recurring spottings of an unknown genus of dolphin, or a completely unknown species of marine mammal. All of these spottings have only been in partiality; only parts of these species have been recovered. What has been recovered suggests that, due to the discovery of a hinged ribcage, finger-like bones in the tail fin, a large spleen (common in marine mammals), and the remains of leg and hip bones with an iliac crest (a bone formation designed to support weight), these creatures are very, very similar to us. If you didn't already know, a vestigial structure in an organism is a part that serves no purpose, but still appears in said organism, like how many species of whales still have hip bones. Vestigial structures were most likely used in past variants of a species. The iliac crests found have to mean that these unknown, humanoid creatures once walked on land. And there's only one type of creature that walks completely upright on two legs with iliac crests like the ones found in this creature... You and me.

I believe mermaids exist, just not in the idea that many believe it in. They are a remnant of an early evolution that branched off of us because most of the early world was water. Some of our ancestors may have gotten stranded on an island and turned to the water instead of staying on land like we did. They were forced to go to the water and evolutionized into what I believe are Mermaids.

Although I do like the thought of specimen on our planet that we may not know about, I find the entire thought of mermaids completely illogical. Humans came to our current physical forms through countless years of evolution, which is supported by fact and religion. I can't even begin to explain the holes in something actually evolving enough to become what we think of as a mermaid. 

Not sure if I understood the concept, but I like it & will give it a try! (please forgive my clumsy English as this is not my first language)

Subject : environment & pollution management

Explanation : most people do not care about the environment because it's a minor factor that slows down their productivity (time wasted to take eco-friendly decisions, etc.). The more an area is polluted, the more likely will an economical agent (can be a person, a company, a country, etc.) keep on aggravating the polluted state of that area.

Let me demonstrate this with an example as the previous statement doesn't even make sense to me : you're a smoker and you see a lot of cigarette butts on the floor. When you're done smoking your cigarette, you will most likely just throw it among the other cigarettes on the ground ; psychologically speaking, it wouldn't be the same if you were in a clean area as you would be the first to throw your cigarette on the floor.

I don't believe in utopian positions, but I believe that something can be done to change people's state of mind concerning pollution. This goes through education, culture, authority regulations (productivity & efficiency will always be the first preoccupation of company managers, but I believe that environmental subsidies & penalties can be distributed & enforced by local authorities - even though some companies are manipulating those authorities - as well as a way to affect a company's image that could be assorted with a boycott of their products/services if they don't meet certain production standard).

Even though I'm a strong believer in capitalism, I think something can be done globally to "make this world a better place".

"IF THERE IS A HELL" why are people punished? The "devil" wants you to do the wrong things and bring evil to the world, so why would you be punished for doing bad things when that is what Satan wants you to do? What is the point of doing good when God himself will shut you down if you don't follow his creed? Who made God? How are we sure that there aren't multiple beings that are over all more powerful than him? Everything in the bible could be corrupt, men have lied since the beginning of time, how can we be sure of what the bible says?

I know this is more than one thought, and i'm not too deep into religion, but it's shit i wonder at times.

• Like 1

Although I do like the thought of specimen on our planet that we may not know about, I find the entire thought of mermaids completely illogical. Humans came to our current physical forms through countless years of evolution, which is supported by fact and religion. I can't even begin to explain the holes in something actually evolving enough to become what we think of as a mermaid. 

We came to our current physical forms through evolution, correct. How come one group of our species during this evolution couldn't have evolutionized towards the water? How come we have to have stayed on land? As far back as I'm talking to, most of the world was encompassed in water. How come one of the groups that's one of our species couldn't have turned towards the water instead of staying on land?

We are the only beings that can stand upright on our two back legs. Why is this? Many scientists believe it is because we were wading in the water to collect shellfish and needed to keep our head above to breath. How come a special group of us during evolution couldn't have tried to go towards the water and developed marine like parts?

Humans already have marine like parts, as you can tell by our fingers being webbed. Our hair shedding which helps us move quicker in water. 

How come humans sweat and lose water within ourselves? Most other land mammals try their best to conserve it. Why are we so willingly to lose this valuable resource? How come, instinctively, a baby human, when underwater holds its breath while another being such as a Monkey would drown?

You can't just say that mermaids don't make sense. You have to be open minded about everything. Mermaids don't exist because you don't want to think about the reasoning. You just want to say "Oh, mermaids? I saw that on disney channel once. That's a cartoon. That can't be in real life" Become open minded and attempt to actually think about everything through a different perspective.

I didn't write this. This is from Allan Watts but I'm posting it here because it makes you question life. It makes you... 

come up with a new idea or thought. 

What do you desire? What makes you itch?
What sort of a situation would you like?

Let’s suppose, I do this often in vocational guidance of students, they come to me and say, well, "we’re getting out of college and we have the faintest idea what we want to do". So I always ask the question, "what would you like to do if money were no object? How would you really enjoy spending your life?"

Well, it’s so amazing as a result of our kind of educational system, crowds of students say well, we’d like to be painters, we’d like to be poets, we’d like to be writers, but as everybody knows you can’t earn any money that way. Or another person says well, I’d like to live an out-of-doors life and ride horses. I said you want to teach in a riding school? Let’s go through with it. What do you want to do?

When we finally got down to something, which the individual says he really wants to do, I will say to him, you do that and forget the money, because, if you say that getting the money is the most important thing, you will spend your life completely wasting your time. You’ll be doing things you don’t like doing in order to go on living, that is to go on doing things you don’t like doing, which is stupid. Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way.

And after all, if you do really like what you’re doing, it doesn’t matter what it is, you can eventually turn it – you could eventually become a master of it. It’s the only way to become a master of something, to be really with it. And then you’ll be able to get a good fee for whatever it is. So don’t worry too much.

That’s everybody is – somebody is interested in everything, anything you can be interested in, you will find others will. But it’s absolutely stupid to spend your time doing things you don’t like, in order to go on spending things you don’t like, doing things you don’t like and to teach our children to follow in the same track.

See what we are doing, is we’re bringing up children and educating to live the same sort of lifes we are living. In order that they may justify themselves and find satisfaction in life by bringing up their children to bring up their children to do the same thing, so it’s all retch, and no vomit it never gets there.

-------------------------------------------------------

After listening to this speech I got pretty depressed. Why do we just want to be satisfied with having a job and making due to live. Are you breathing right now to survive or to live? The difference is you eat, sleep to live. In a modern world you have to work in order for you to do those things and so you are working to eat and sleep which is to survive. When you should be living. Why can't you pick something and work at it to be the best? What happened in that famous persons life in order for them to be better then everyone else? Why can't you be the best at whatever you want. Everything we do in this world is all created in our mind. You create your life in your mind. You think you're cool because your mind tells you. You think you're bored because your mind tells you. You think your doing good in life because your mind tells you. If a child grew up in a house that had siblings who were failing school and this child was just passing with a 60% they think they are doing good. But in reality they are limiting themselves with their own mind because they think they have done good since people around them are doing worse. If you set a goal and that is what your standard is in life go for it. 

You live and die. Everything in between in just an illusion.

Why can't you make thinks levitate ? Because other peoples minds have forced your mind to believe it's impossible so you limit yourself. We all limit ourselves. It's all illusions of what is real and not.

Edited by Dopey
  • Like 3

How big is the universe?

You think the earth is big?

check:

So how big is our universe?

Is there somewhere an end of it?

Is it maybe a ball? or is it a box? or it it limitless??

have fun breaking your brains biggrin.png

grtz

H0ppy

Edited by H0ppy

I think you should gimme dat 1m biggrin.png

So you can give it away again? haha

OT: I'll write something good when I'm in my next hotel later. Will be interesting to read some of the others.

I glanced over the OP quickly but did you add a rule that you have to write the stuff and you cant just copy paste it directly from elsewhere...

My idea is that further investigation to be done into 'Higgs Boson' basically if you dont know what this particle is, it was found using cern's underground particle accelerator in sweden, higgs boson gives every particle around it mass so with out it we would be weightless. 

Also investigation into 'supernatural occourences' i dont belive in ghosts but it would be cool to know something about poltergiests and work out if its just a figure of your imagination. Although mine is short i came up with it all nothing was copy & pasted i just used what was in my head :p if you want someone who actually cares and doesnt take 1 minute of surfing on wikipedia im your man

Although I am new to the community, please allow me to introduce myself. I am a free thinker, as the people I have associated myself with over the years, who now are part of an advanced team that uses computers to further us in all types of sciences.

The 1000k giveaway

The way this will work is rather unique. I'm asking you to come up with a new idea or thought. Whether it be attributed to something physical, or mental. I only ask that you come up with someone that gets you and others thinking in a positive way to further your mind. 

Below, i'd like you to post your idea or thought. The one that receives the most likes will win the 1000k. You are not allowed to like your own. This will end at 12:00 AM eastern time 7/14/2013.
Also, if you do not like anyone else's post, you are not allowed to win.

Examples of what your idea can be about, some taken from this forums intellectual discussion section.

• Other forms of life
  • Life after death & the paranormal
  • Technology
  • Laws
  • Religion [be sensitive, do not bash any other religion in any way]
  • Science
  • World views on what is "right" and "wrong".

Use your brain. I made this because I want people to realize how smart they actually are, and what they can actually come up with using nothing other than their own intelligence. 

Best of luck

Add on -> If you're interested in liquid programming, please contact me via private message over this forum.
Things we value

• Intelligence
  • Computer skills
  • Applied science skills
  • Free thinkers
  • Computer graphic skills
  • Scripting skills such as java, css, html, xhtml, etc.

Also another thought. 

The universe is expanding at a rate faster than that of the speed of light, what if the universe was like a 'balloon' in a certain sense and when it got too big/full it exploded or imploded? there has been many theories to this and scientists have been led to belive we are actually alive in a giant black hole :o although these are just guesses and not technically true the thought that these could be true is very interesting, there has been a study to suggest that outside the universe there is simply 'nothing' have you ever imagined what nothing is like? there are no colours not white nor black just 'nothing' there are no people no particles nor anything, imagine what this place is like pretty cool huh? well imagine this in the same sense as you dead, you are no longer present inside your body, you may be alive in a new body you can be in heaven, we simply do not know but one thing is certain the 'old person' now sees nothing smells nothing feels nothing hears nothing and tastes nothing. Although this may look like a random rant type thing (it probably is) i think some of the concepts inside here are worthy of winning i dont know what you feel but thats up to liquidmetal :)