motherboard getting to damn hot

The Hero of Time

try de-salting it, sometimes it can get clogged up in salt. Simply boil a kettle of water (maybe 400ml water), and submerge the motherboard, cleaning it. This should do the job. To dry it just stick it in the microwave which will re-calibrate the device. Then plug it back in and it should be good as new!

I recommend doing this quite frequently (maybe once a month) to avoid this situation happening again.

Apaec

OP this worked for me !!11

Okay you should not normally ever put thermal paste on a motherboard. I think it's a defect as he isn't overclocking...

Given we have absolutely zero knowledge on the state of the hardware and ventilation, any conclusion is a guess at best.

And putting thermal paste on a motherboard is still a good idea, I don't quite see where you're coming from.

Overclocking doesn't usually heat up the bridges unless you're messing with the RAM, which I'm confident he's not doing.

Buy thermal paste from anywhere $20 Take heat sync and cpu's out, seperate cpu and heat sync ... wipe off old paste with alchahole or meths , re-apply generous ammount of paste and put it back togeather.

be carefull to not to damage the pins!

buy 1 or 2 more fans and a 2 way adapter so you can use the same plug on motherboard.

fans can be mounted anywhere. and keep the case on.

GL!

I have virtually the same spec PC pal, Mine doesn't get to those temps, although my PC is never running at 40% on CPU and RAM usage (Only when playing games etc). Something is Wrong with the MB or maybe the heatsync isn't mounted properly.

Just an quess though. Good Luck.

You might want to upgrade or the fan of your processor or the processor itself. I would recommend upgrade the processor itself. Also, which fans do you have in your computer?

LOL at this^^, His processor is fine.

try de-salting it, sometimes it can get clogged up in salt. Simply boil a kettle of water (maybe 400ml water), and submerge the motherboard, cleaning it. This should do the job. To dry it just stick it in the microwave which will re-calibrate the device. Then plug it back in and it should be good as new!

I recommend doing this quite frequently (maybe once a month) to avoid this situation happening again.

Apaec

Instructions unclear -_-

Got dick stuk in computer fan...

Edited by Khaleesi
  • Like 2