motherboard getting to damn hot

The Hero of Time

try de-salting it, sometimes it can get clogged up in salt. Simply boil a kettle of water (maybe 400ml water), and submerge the motherboard, cleaning it. This should do the job. To dry it just stick it in the microwave which will re-calibrate the device. Then plug it back in and it should be good as new!

I recommend doing this quite frequently (maybe once a month) to avoid this situation happening again.

Apaec

• Like 6

try de-salting it, sometimes it can get clogged up in salt. Simply boil a kettle of water (maybe 400ml water), and submerge the motherboard, cleaning it. This should do the job. To dry it just stick it in the microwave which will re-calibrate the device. Then plug it back in and it should be good as new!

I recommend doing this quite frequently (maybe once a month) to avoid this situation happening again.

Apaec

box fan for  the win biggrin.png stick both against the wall, take off both sides of the case. boom. ALSO. THERMAL PASTE LOTS AND LOTS OF BEAUTIFUL THERMAL PASTE ALL OVER THAT BABY.

Did you try turning it off and on again?

fuck all of you

Well I'll give you some actual advice. Contrary to popular belief, copious amounts of thermal paste decrease the performance of CPU's. Also, are you running any over clocks? Have you cleared the CMOS on your motherboard? Is there adequate air movement in your case? Have you researched online with that specific motherboard to see if it is a defect or something? Is it falsely reporting the temperature? Try some of these things :)

The fact of the matter is, AMD motherboards have VERY hot chipsets, and for the life of me I have no idea why.

I noticed it when I changed out my brother's Gigabyte AMD motherboard, and promptly burnt my finger on a bridge heatsink.

I don't really think there's much you can do, it's likely a culmination of genuine heat and a faulty sensor causing it to believe it's overheating.

Well I'll give you some actual advice. Contrary to popular belief, copious amounts of thermal paste decrease the performance of CPU's. Also, are you running any over clocks? Have you cleared the CMOS on your motherboard? Is there adequate air movement in your case? Have you researched online with that specific motherboard to see if it is a defect or something? Is it falsely reporting the temperature? Try some of these things smile.png

thanks for posting :)

i am not overclocking, i have set my bios to "power saving" 

ASUS-EFI-01.jpg

not image of my bios, but mines looks the same, as you can see you can even  put it on overheat mode

i opened the case so i can look directly in it now, i was thinking about laying my case down so the heat will go up but idk :s

havent researched about my specific motherboard yet, ill do that thanks ;p