Chatbox suggestion

The Hero of Time

If we can't make people follow the chatbox rules when putting it in bold, capitals and red letters I doubt they would read a message upon joining the chat that the bot is down.
Even if I were to personally yell it in their faces they wouldn't even mind to ask several times again. Furthermore we would have to give acess to the chatbox to our Moderators to add that "rule" aka message in the chat before joining and as far as I know, even a supermoderator doesn't have acess to it.

So it'd be impossible.

Furthermore we have a big red button up there that follows them everywhere they go on the Forum.

We could though perhaps add a rule "If the status of osbot is shown to be OFFLINE do not ask nor spam in chat about it as you will be immediatly kicked or banned".

• Like 1

Is that code bothering anyone else but me?

Isn't it an if-else statement?????

I see the if and it looks ok, but omg what happened to the else??

What catastrophe would happen should the OSBot actually be up since no command/scenario was given? Will it destroy the site? The bot? The world?

Please add one. I'd rather not have the world destroyed yet since I still have so much more to do on RS.

Thank you.

There is a chatbox bot hook for ipb, I think it's possible to implement that.

Is that code bothering anyone else but me?

Isn't it an if-else statement?????
I see the if and it looks ok, but omg what happened to the else??
What catastrophe would happen should the OSBot actually be up since no command/scenario was given? Will it destroy the site? The bot? The world?

Please add one. I'd rather not have the world destroyed yet since I still have so much more to do on RS.
Thank you.

No, there's no need for a corresponding else statement.

• Like 1