Banning Insight (Consistently Updated!)

Cruel

Udpate: Possible delayed ban?

Finally took down my skiller pure that I started about a week ago. Almost had 300 Skill total, took him down while mining in Al Kahrid.

Maybe injection does get you more flags, maybe they target any sushpcious bots that get 300 skill total or more in less then a week? Iunno. I still can't pin point exactly what got me banned.

Ironically it seems that the 24/7 Savage fisher, (which I had cooking ALL day yesterday, 1-57 cooking) and still no ban..

IM going to start a new account and only bot on it once every couple of days and see what happens.

• Like 1

Didnt mean to quote myself..

UPDATE: The Savage Fisher got snuffed too, so maybe youre right about them being able to track injections, either that or my IP is flagged..

Also its not nesscessarily true as far as the fisher goes. It did have two marcoing offesnes on it from 2011 so they prolly just snuffed it on first inspection. But still I think youre right about injections.

Edited by Anti Farmer
  • Like 1

• Developer

Don't forget that Jagex tracks you through the random.dat file. If you haven't deleted your random.dat file, even on a new account that is only used on the mirror client, they can still relate that account to your previous accounts. It's also possible they have more tricks like these on their sleeves with their cache. Deleting both your cache and your random.dat is a smart move and might make a difference when starting a new account.

Edit: The random.dat is a file that contains a UID (Unique Identification Number). This file is set by Jagex and related to all the accounts you play from that one computer. It is assumed that Jagex does not ban based on your IP but based on this UID. What we should do in the future, is write a tool that makes the OSRS client use a different random.dat (spoofed) file for each account to make sure accounts are not linked to each other through the random.dat file. This should definitely make a difference when it comes to their tracking system when making new accounts.

• Like 5

Don't forget that Jagex tracks you through the random.dat file. If you haven't deleted your random.dat file, even on a new account that is only used on the mirror client, they can still relate that account to your previous accounts. It's also possible they have more tricks like these on their sleeves with their cache. Deleting both your cache and your random.dat is a smart move and might make a difference when starting a new account.

Edit: The random.dat is a file that contains a UID (Unique Identification Number). This file is set by Jagex and related to all the accounts you play from that one computer. It is assumed that Jagex does not ban based on your IP but based on this UID. What we should do in the future, is write a tool that makes the OSRS client use a different random.dat (spoofed) file for each account to make sure accounts are not linked to each other through the random.dat file. This should definitely make a difference when it comes to their tracking system when making new accounts.

Your insight in particular is always appreciated. Thank you for contributing and a special thanks to all the developers for the mirror client.

How do you delete your random.dat file?

• Like 1

I may be wrong, but I believe OSbuddy just reflects the game's code to pull certain information to make it see-able on the client, whereas OSbot directly changes the way the game is loaded so that the hooks can send information or something like that. 

very good point about jagex being able to shrug off appeals, OP. I am just wondering if this is relevant to the other bot clients out there that do not use injection. 

OSBuddy uses inject.

• Like 1

• Developer

Also, technically speaking the mirror client is injection based as well. The way it's done though is completely different than what any other bot does.

Both conventional ways of injection and reflection are detectable with Jagex's current system. What the mirror client does is the same principle, but could say that it does a better job at hiding what it does. Combined with the fact that the OSRS client is actually ran from the browser, this must bypass some of their triggers.

And yes, OSBuddy uses injection but Jagex can pretty much identify specific bot/injection/reflection clients with their techniques. OSBuddy makes no effort to hide what they are as Jagex knows it's not a bot client and won't flag these users as bot users.

• Like 4