Reducing banning rates - Behind the scenes at OSBot - 27 Febuary 2015

Maxi

Not trying to sound critical or break any rules, but I know of another botting platform(lion king) which can utilize the browser to bot, but is still detectable. I get the thought process behind using the browser to not get detected, but if their's is detectable how would this be different? Maybe there is something I'm missing, or vastly different between that and the mirror project. Just genuinely curious about it.

• Developer

Will the old scripts continue to work, or will they need to be updated to this new mirror technology? Will we have to repurchase scripts in order to use this?

They won't require any changes. Only the interface to load the bot is changed, the engine of the bot remains the same.

Not trying to sound critical or break any rules, but I know of another botting platform(lion king) which can utilize the browser to bot, but is still detectable. I get the thought process behind using the browser to not get detected, but if their's is detectable how would this be different? Maybe there is something I'm missing, or vastly different between that and the mirror project. Just genuinely curious about it.

We are not saying that you won't get banned by using the new mirror system, but the way this is done will eliminate detectability on the local software level. I'm fairly sure the way this is done is different from what anyone has ever implemented.

I read a theory that believed something along the lines that Jagex were able to detect whether you were logged in on a botting client due to your cookies? They would be able to identify cookies from their actual website along with osbuddy then any others that appeared would show them that the user was using a botting client. Probably not the case but an interestig theory all the same.

• Developer

I read a theory that believed something along the lines that Jagex were able to detect whether you were logged in on a botting client due to your cookies? They would be able to identify cookies from their actual website along with osbuddy then any others that appeared would show them that the user was using a botting client. Probably not the case but an interestig theory all the same.

There is an endless list how they could detect injection clients. Cookies is one of them, but could be spoofed. But there are many other ways on the client software level as well. We could infinitely work around all those measures one by one, but instead of that this would target most (if not all).

• Like 1