Break Settings, and what they mean!

TzTok Jad

So a lot of people have asked this in the Chatbox over the days, I haven't seen a thread explaining the break settings so I've decided to post one, forgive me a thread already exists. 

Okay lets start by opening up the settings... You can do this by clicking "Settings" in the upper right corner.

2351b9d26e.jpg

You should now see the settings screen, make sure you have breaks enabled ticked.

c02f8f3829.png

Alright now we see 4 settings lets break each one down:

Average Interval:

This is how long the script will run before taking a break. So if you set this to 60, your script will run for 60 minutes before breaking.

Interval deviation:

This allows you to set a deviation from the average interval. Say our average interval is 60, if we set the deviation to 10, then the script will run anywhere from 50 to 70 minutes.

Average break time:

This is how long the script will be on break. If we set this to 30, then your script will break for 30 minutes.

Break time deviation:

This allows you to set a deviation from the average break time. Let's say the break time is 30, and we set this deviation to 5, this means the script will break anywhere from 25-35 minutes.

I hope this was simple enough. 

And of course after I post this I find: 

http://osbot.org/forum/topic/57431-explaining-break-settings/

sorry for the mess guys! 

• Like 6

There is a post about break settings that i've made that is pinned to the top in the tutorial section.

http://osbot.org/forum/topic/57431-explaining-break-settings/

Thanks for thought tho !

edit;

After I post I also see that you see my post now im editing so that you see that i see that you see my post :D 

That was fun to say ^_^ 

Edited by Asuna

I thought it was pretty self explanatory. Is there anything in the interface I can do to make it easier to understand?

Well for the less fortunate minds, You could give the definitions Jad provided when you hover the mouse over said setting

Average Interval:

This is how long the script will run before taking a break. So if you set this to 60, your script will run for 60 minutes before breaking.

Interval deviation:

This allows you to set a deviation from the average interval. Say our average interval is 60, if we set the deviation to 10, then the script will run anywhere from 50 to 70 minutes.

Average break time:

This is how long the script will be on break. If we set this to 30, then your script will break for 30 minutes.

Break time deviation:

This allows you to set a deviation from the average break time. Let's say the break time is 30, and we set this deviation to 5, this means the script will break anywhere from 25-35 minutes.

I thought it was pretty self explanatory. Is there anything in the interface I can do to make it easier to understand?

Unfortunately some people lack the knowledge to understand these terms, other users may have a different primary language so these terms may be unknown to them in English.  And of course some people need everything explained to them.

Edited by TzTok Jad

• 2 months later...