Journey into an ORPG

Alek

I think it's the fantasy of a lot of gamers, making their own game which others get to experience. What a lot of people can't grasp is the complexity involved in undertaking such a project. Fortunately I've made a few games before and know what I can and can't do as a solo developer.

Utilizing my previous core from the Cake Quest project, I already have a solid 2d foundation to build my game off of. The multiplayer aspect will be very controlled and most (if not all) aspects will be checked by the server in an event-based system to prevent hacks. I don't want to type out a long timeline explaining everything I plan to add, but I've sat down and worked out a lot of the game mechanics.

17 Feb 2015 - 

Created a drawing system to paint objects from separate classes to the main JPanel. Cake Quest was small enough to have all the paint code in a single class, however this project will be too big.

18 Feb 2015 - 

Cleaned up some code and worked on the foundation of the "Battle Room". The battle room/scene is where you will fight other npcs (and eventually other players). 

• Like 4