Potentially Ban-Free way to bot....Maybe?

flaxspinner

Jagex un-bans accounts that have been banned for boting if the original owner can prove that the account was hijacked during the time-span in which it was detected for boting and therefore banned.

So I was thinking, If you play regularly on your normal IP, but bot on a different one then when or if your account receives a ban, wouldn't you just be able to submit an appeal asking jagex to match your IP with the one of your bot one after having done a fake recovery?

I"m sure many of you have had this thought before and probably even tried it, I just want to know why wouldn't this work? Obviously if it did work, many of us would be doing it right?

Edited by flaxspinner

Jagex un-bans accounts that have been banned for boting if the original owner can prove that the account was hijacked during the time-span in which it was detected for boting and therefore banned

can you give a source from a J mod that says this? because on on the runescape site it says

Please remember that players are responsible for the actions of any person to have accessed their account. We provide a number of tools and tips to help players keep their accounts secure. In instances where an account was hijacked at the time of the ban offence, the account owner will be held accountable. Further details can be found via our T&Cs and Privacy Policy.
Ultimately the burden of responsibility is with our players, to ensure that their account is kept secure at all times. Further information on how to keep your account secure can be found via the Account Help & Safety Centre sections of our Wiki.

source: http://services.runescape.com/m=rswiki/en/My_account_is_banned

Edited by Lights

On the appeals page there is an option that says "Someone else was on my account" and for that your required to provide no iformation, jagex just looks into it and to see if your account was playing on a different IP and if you did a recovery after ban.

Back in the day I lent someone my pure to level 95-98 range but instead they changed password and threatened to get defence levels on it and bot it at range guild, which at the time had a very high ban rate unless I have my bank pin.I obviously didn't and they got it defence and botted range guild leading to a temporary ban.

After recovering, I  submitted an appeal for the offense saying someone else was on my account, the offense was removed but the pure was still ruined cus they wouldn't reverse def levels. My point here is, it worked for me back then, any reason why this wouldn't work now?

On the appeals page there is an option that says "Someone else was on my account" and for that your required to provide no iformation, jagex just looks into it and to see if your account was playing on a different IP and if you did a recovery after ban.

Back in the day I lent someone my pure to level 95-98 range but instead they changed password and threatened to get defence levels on it and bot it at range guild, which at the time had a very high ban rate unless I have my bank pin.I obviously didn't and they got it defence and botted range guild leading to a temporary ban.

After recovering, I submitted an appeal for the offense saying someone else was on my account, the offense was removed but the pure was still ruined cus they wouldn't reverse def levels. My point here is, it worked for me back then, any reason why this wouldn't work now?

Lol its so funny yet a shitty way to fuck ur acc up:"If u tell a Mod about this, ill Fucking get defence levels up on ur pure, i Swear it!!!!" Rofl.

After recovering, I  submitted an appeal for the offense saying someone else was on my account, the offense was removed but the pure was still ruined cus they wouldn't reverse def levels. My point here is, it worked for me back then, any reason why this wouldn't work now?

Back in the day? How long ago was that?

Because last year I had a pure and gave it away to a friend and he got it banned, it was banned with his IP, Email and password registered. After many emails and appeals, I managed to get the Email and Password changed to mine, but once I mentioned about the ban, they stopped reply. I sent like 10+ emails/mesages and nothing.

It's near impossible to get it unbanned if it was banned for botting, I have only heard of it once, which was when a guy was banned for botting but he had video proof it was just mousekeys

This only works if you play on an account legit most of the time and bot sometimes.

Imagine trying to convince a mod that someone hijacked your account and spent hours leveling your account, getting money, etc.

Home IP: 5% of the time

"Hacker's IP": 95% of the time

I think most people would be able to tell pretty easily that the hacker's not really a hacker.

• 2 weeks later...