Khal Woodcutter

Khaleesi

On 4/8/2018 at 10:28 PM, Dannehh said:

Hey, whenever I try to use the script to cut redwoods, it makes its way to the platform then freezes in front of the redwood. Logger says Could not find valid platform - Sleeping

Can you add me on skype?
Khaleesi.bot

41 minutes ago, bulrog099 said:

I just bought bought a wc script and a fletching script hoping one would have a cut + arrows shafting option.. khal i love your scripts if im not retarded and just missing it can you please add that

Well i's a woodcutter, not a fletcher? :/
but can always take a look for a option for this

• 2 weeks later...

- Mirror or regular client?

Regular client

- What location and what tree?

Trees: Yew tree/maple tree

- Printscreen with the Osbot console enabled and script paint when getting stuck.

Settings: d2762974b11e9969d9558ee38236a4b2.png

Script paint: 3779551f66513966cbadfb2c01caaa5a.png

OSBot console: 39fb68ac65859d404c27cde74e761245.png

Tree location: (3 yew trees, 4 maple trees)

2f79dcdf7d63b12b7bf1323df27b068b.png

Bank location: (It's a regular bank booth)

8367950573568886ed8405b81dfc0d03.png

Edited by Suorin

3 hours ago, Suorin said:

- Mirror or regular client?

Regular client

- What location and what tree?

Trees: Yew tree/maple tree

- Printscreen with the Osbot console enabled and script paint when getting stuck.

Settings: d2762974b11e9969d9558ee38236a4b2.png

Script paint: 3779551f66513966cbadfb2c01caaa5a.png

OSBot console: 39fb68ac65859d404c27cde74e761245.png

Tree location: (3 yew trees, 4 maple trees)

2f79dcdf7d63b12b7bf1323df27b068b.png

Bank location: (It's a regular bank booth)

8367950573568886ed8405b81dfc0d03.png

I don't think the osbot walker has that area added, Will take a closer look this evening.
Might have to add a preset location for this if I want that to work :)

• Like 1

My thoughts:

I just purchased this Script, and I think it works decently well. I feel however that there should be an option where one can decide how long the character will wait after chopping one tree before starting on another tree. This has been mentioned before with the answer being that a human won't instantly click on another tree for an hour or so, yet I feel that (from my own experience when I done woodcutting legitimately) that actually this can be the case, because you really want the cape. I don't feel it would be that hard to add in an option which allows one to directly change how long the character will wait. A small slider bar just like for the maximum number of tiles you will woodcut within would be good enough. I haven't had any issues, but the character sits there for a good 3-5 seconds every tree, and (considering I'm cutting normal trees and not willows at the moment) it looks really weird. I assume once I get to willows this will improve, but I am concerned that there is a good drop of XP at the starting levels, because of this waiting issue. There are other scripts that are of similar money which look slightly better designed as regards to the GUI, but it doesn't matter how good the GUI looks when you are comparing functionality, and apart from the inability to change the waiting times between trees, I think it works very well.

Would I have bought a different script for the same price? It's too early to tell, considering I haven't used the script that long. I'll try to update this review later on, and then let people know whether the inability to change waiting times does actually affect XP gains later on to a large enough degree to be a concern or not.

I want to be fair in my review, and I think that if the OP / Khal does keep the idea in mind regarding changing the time between trees, then I'm happy.

Thanks.

Edit: This edit was made as my character got to level 32 woodcutting from about 25 when I originally made this post. When cutting willows, the speed of the script (when used in Rimmington) is faster compared to the custom area which I wanted the script to cut within at the start of my usage. I will make another post regarding XP gains and the like once I've had a little bit more experience at Rimmington.

Edit 2: Progress picture - Level 41 woodcutting, now using a Rune axe, cutting willows at an average of 46k XP per hour (maybe a slight over-estimate [Edit: indeed this was an over-estimate, but your XP will climb with levels of course.] because I haven't done the first log drop yet in this picture, I'd only just picked up the Rune axe).

progress.png.f0f5106c2398da9ebef7fcf3674bb34f.png

Edited by joshua97
Updating on my experience of the functionality of the script.

• Token changed the title to Khal Woodcutter