Found an iPhone 5s

Tracme

Just because others do something means it's ok for you to do it?

And no one can prove he tried selling it, lol.

From personal experience I've never had a phone which was stolen returned to me, and I have returned a phone I found to a person before just for them to get all up in my face accusing me of stealing it, people are assholes so if you can't beat them join them I guess.

I'm assuming as he's from the UK he tried trading it in at CeX, it would of come up straight away that the phone is blocked therefore has been stolen. If this happens they have to alert the police and pass on the info (My friend is a manager at one of the stores) To trade anything in there you have to have a membership card which has your name, postcode and home address so they can prove he tried selling it.

Just return it dude.. It's pretty rude.. imagine if you lost your phone..

people these days smh.. no hearts.

lol, lost my phone once

That's stealing, lol. There are different types and what you did is stealing.

If the phone is locked you can't use it for service anyway so there's no real point in keeping it unless you just want to use the iPhone as an iPod...

yup, exactly what i was going to say, if u find someones phone and ure not going to retrieve it, then its considered as stealing

From personal experience I've never had a phone which was stolen returned to me, and I have returned a phone I found to a person before just for them to get all up in my face accusing me of stealing it, people are assholes so if you can't beat them join them I guess.

I'm assuming as he's from the UK he tried trading it in at CeX, it would of come up straight away that the phone is blocked therefore has been stolen. If this happens they have to alert the police and pass on the info (My friend is a manager at one of the stores) To trade anything in there you have to have a membership card which has your name, postcode and home address so they can prove he tried selling it.

That's what happens when you steal stuff. Just go return it, who cares what they think so long as nothing actually happens.

Wait wait wait.....did I see a post saying such a thing called phone insurance exists? And people pay extra for it?

And I thought I was fucken retarded.

Some of have more than a $50 phone on a $10 plan. Next you'll be calling people idiots for having car insurance and home insurance. Edited by RoomScape

You are.

That's what happens when you steal stuff. Just go return it, who cares what they think so long as nothing actually happens. Some of have more than a $50 phone on a $10 plan. Next you'll be calling people idiots for having car insurance and home insurance.

Ahh, the wonderful minds of poor people.

Mobile phone insurance is an actual thing, I don't get why people seem so surprised about it :p

It's overpriced and fishy just like any other type of insurance deal.

Perhaps it's not that popular in the USA but in Europe its quite common.

Also, I'm a finders keepers type of guy, when I lose something I don't expect to ever have it returned either.

Makes me want to actually take care of my shitty stuff, hence why I rarely lose anything.

Under my plan, if something happens to my phone where it is unusable or lost, I pay $100 through insurance and get a brand new one. 

Thats obviously better than paying $600 for a brand new one(assuming i wouldn't have a new upgrade available if i just had gotten the new phone previous to breaking it).

Back before smartphones I remember insurance paying for all of it(of course the prices were incredibly different) -- I remember vaguely because of my Motorola Razr(that skinny flip phone).

Yeah, I have something similar to this but it isn't as expensive and you general just pay more PER month after using it.