Bitwise/binary hexadecimal (GTFIH)

Czar

Hello,

I recently ran into an a binary problem, I want to know how 'decode' this number (it is the quest config id of Demon slayer quest (config 222) and it is 54304 (i got the id once i found out the incantation.

The id says 54305 because its 54304 + 1, the +1 means that I proceeded onto the next quest stage. So can anybody help me with this?

What does 54304 mean, i opened config debugger:

Hlyfbcn.png

I still haven't learned about binary etc, which is why I'm stuck.

Atm the only thing I'm doing is storing the incantation in a file once the dialogue shows it, nothing else. I can't finish this quest without it, so please help :D

Thanks!

Edited by Czar

The configs are one-hot binary registers most of the time, so the actual number may not be useful at all, what you want to look at is the binary string.

Each position (each 1 / 0) can represent whether something is true/completed, or not. I haven't actually ever tracked a config throughout a quest, but I would assume that the further you get, the more bits go high. Either that, or a section of the register increments (eg. 4 grouped bits)

You can easily check whether one bit in your number is low or high (0 or 1 respectively) with some basic binary operations. In java these are:

Logical AND: &

Logical OR: |

Logical XOR: ^

Shift left: <<

Shift right: >>

• Like 1

when the config changes, compare the two binary strings and see which bits are being changed (in many cases more than one thing is being stored in a config). then shift that number left or right depending on which bits are changing. for quests i would definitely assume what frostbug has said that, the number you get from shifting will get higher as the quest progresses (it would be logical to try and get it to a point where each step in the quest goes from 0 to X (x being completion) in order, however jagex doesn't always do it that way so you may find that the values are somewhat random). you also might need to mask the number you get in case bits are shoved in the middle of the string inbetween other configs.