Free script repopulation, a proposition

Botre

? are randoms not arguably one of the most important functions of a bot client?

i've personally seen my bots being stuck in a maze for 15 hours, teleported and stuck in lumbridge cellar/wizard tower for 7 hours and you're complaining that i'm trying to get something done about it? c'mon man. 

the reason i'm crusading for someone to get their finger out their ass is because i can imagine why people are leaving this bot considering the terrible state of randoms and i don't want people to leave, so pls stop attacking me for speaking up, instead go pm some devs.

and btw, for some randoms it's almost impossible to get 'stuck in'

you can't get 'stuck in' the miles/giles/niles random, drunken dwarf, strange plant, etc etc..

Oh nvm I see your point here. Yeah those are actually really really fucking annoying since you're just... gone.

• Like 2

I wouldn't mind if people didn't leech. All I expect back are proggies once in a while, but I mostly get leechers complaining as soon as Jagex makes an update or the client isn't working, which I cannot stand.

homie i feel your pain lol. Before they added counters on free script. I literally thought i had like no more then 20 people on my crafter script.Then when it came out i had like 1.7k people on it. i was like dam leeching game too strong

Edited by josedpay

I wouldn't mind if people didn't leech. All I expect back are proggies once in a while, but I mostly get leechers complaining as soon as Jagex makes an update or the client isn't working, which I cannot stand.

I can agree with this. If the script is flawless and there are no issues the script thread will just be completely dead. Once jagex makes an update, or an OSBot update causes the script to slightly fail, the thread will be filled up with leechers complaining. 

• Like 3

I can agree with this. If the script is flawless and there are no issues the script thread will just be completely dead. Once jagex makes an update, or an OSBot update causes the script to slightly fail, the thread will be filled up with leechers complaining. 

Man so true. It's saddening how many people with < 10 posts go and write posts like "Shit doesn't work *cuss words here*" and then disappear until the next time a bug occurs...

We should make it so that only people with >1000 posts can use free scripts >:]

• Like 2

Man so true. It's saddening how many people with < 10 posts go and write posts like "Shit doesn't work *cuss words here*" and then disappear until the next time a bug occurs...

naw that seems to harsh lol, more like people with 100+ should use free scripts.

There would be so much spam, banned members, and cleaning up to do everyday.

Leech? FUCK. I'll give you as many fucking proggies as you ever want if the script actually functions properly, if I don't post a proggy it means the script couldn't run without fail for over 12 hours and such does not deserve a proggy. (Just my opinion)

I try my best to give all the information about the faults of scripts straight to the people making them to make them better, the fact that I can't post proggies tells something about the quality of the script. It doesn't help that every now and then you come back to your bot and notice one of the following: It's either dead from a failed chicken/whatever or it has been teleported away and been afk for 3-4 hours there just sitting about in the middle of nowhere.

I understand the client sucks dick. But from my perspective, that doesn't really matter now does it?

Leech? FUCK. I'll give you as many fucking proggies as you ever want if the script actually functions properly, if I don't post a proggy it means the script couldn't run without fail for over 12 hours and such does not deserve a proggy. (Just my opinion)

I try my best to give all the information about the faults of scripts straight to the people making them to make them better, the fact that I can't post proggies tells something about the quality of the script. It doesn't help that every now and then you come back to your bot and notice one of the following: It's either dead from a failed chicken/whatever or it has been teleported away and been afk for 3-4 hours there just sitting about in the middle of nowhere.

I understand the client sucks dick. But from my perspective, that doesn't really matter now does it?

Well, the thing is that every issue you posted above is directly linked to the clients random handler, which is not the scripts fault. So that is really all that matters.. I think its a bit harsh to say that a script does not deserve a proggie if it can't run for 12 hours when half of the clients random event solvers are broken and the script itself might be fully functional and flawless

• Like 2

Well, the thing is that every issue you posted above is directly linked to the clients random handler, which is not the scripts fault. So that is really all that matters.. I think its a bit harsh to say that a script does not deserve a proggie if it can't run for 12 hours when half of the clients random event solvers are broken and the script itself might be fully functional and flawless

Agreed.

I don't pretend to know anything about how this all works and should probably just be quiet.

Anyways, I have ran your motherload miner 5-6 hours everytime before resetting it for multiple times now, from now on I will take proggies aslong as it can run for 6 compensating for the shitty client we currently have.

Congratulations, it's the most flawless script I've ran yet. Buying all the rest of the miners next month and giving them a shot too, just to see if any work.

1. No support since a portion of our script sales goes to OSBot.

2. No support since you are forcing everyone to write a free script of essentially OSBot's benefit.

3. Fair, but should be optional.

4. No support.

Overall, no support. You are pretty much restricting our freedom. Scripters providing free scripts to the users should always be optional because it benefits no one but the community and the developers.

1. Good point, however this portion could be decreased to make up for the time invested in a free script.

2. We are OSBot, your customers are OSBot, yes it would make OSBot a better place, more people, more potential customers, that's not a bad thing is it?

It's time for change, it's time to create our own initiatives and try to make this bot and community a better place, I'm tired of waiting, it's time for some fucking action.

What's the point of having freedom if we don't look for ways to expand our community or keep its members loyal? Again, a better community and more profit for the developers would be beneficial to everyone, scripters, script users, and the developers. 

Edited by Botrepreneur

From my perspective i do understand that most scripters are just as pissed off about things in the client not working as they should which in turn messes up their script, however if the aspect of the free scripts is initiated it would mean more "leechers" for the community.. Now i say "leechers" because many of the people do not see the need to say thanks or to post a proggy but there are some amongst them that will start getting more and more involved in the community and sooner or later buy a script or 2 or 8... i know because i was exactly like this i first only used free scripts but got more and more into the community. 

I support the idea mainly because i think it will bring more people into the community and for all you know some randoms could come and start brining better and better ideas with regards to scripts and other aspects

In order to repopulate the SDN with free scripts and promote better quality paid scripts, let me propose the following:

1. To unlock the ability to sell paid scripts you need to have at least one free script on the SDN. The SDN manager can refer to this script to check if the author is premium-worthy.

2. This free script has to be selected from a list of script subjects provided by the consumers and revised by the providers. A maximum of 2 script instances per list entry will be allowed (unless all items of the list already have 2 instances), this will promote script diversity.

3. The free script has to be managed and fixed for as long as a paid scripter wishes to sell premium ones.

4. Absolutely no one gets grandfathered. 

1. Agreed.

2. This is a pretty good idea, but consumers will all just ask for AIO's, or other premium worthy scripts. I'd rather just limit it to 5 free scripts/skill until each skill has 5 scripts (with a few exceptions like farming) and no free AIO's (again with a few exceptions, like firemaking)

3. Agreed.

4. That would mean all current scripts would be removed unless they have a free script currently on the market (which most don't, afaik), and is not going to fly. I could see holding payments until a free script is put up, though.

All in all, I think this is a great idea, one I've proposed myself a few times. But I doubt anything will change from it. :P Scripters don't want to write scripts for leachers as said by BotRS, something I understand completely. People are not grateful for free scripts anymore. The only time you see them post is when an issue comes up, which just makes the thread look bad.

I will write free scripts for the community when I feel the community deserves free scripts. Why would I write a free script for some kid that rages at me every time the client doesn't handle a random?

Also, why is this in spam .-.

2. This is a pretty good idea, but consumers will all just ask for AIO's, or other premium worthy scripts. I'd rather just limit it to 5 free scripts/skill until each skill has 5 scripts (with a few exceptions like farming) and no free AIO's (again with a few exceptions, like firemaking)

Scripters would revise the propositions ofcourse.

If people request an AIO agility script we might offer them a gnome course script instead for example. The 5 scripts / category isn't a bad alternative either though.

4. That would mean all current scripts would be removed unless they have a free script currently on the market (which most don't, afaik), and is not going to fly. I could see holding payments until a free script is put up, though.

Scripters that already have a paid one on the store would get one month to write a free one, if they haven't done so after a month then their payments are frozen.

Scripters don't want to write scripts for leachers as said by BotRS, something I understand completely. People are not grateful for free scripts anymore. The only time you see them post is when an issue comes up, which just makes the thread look bad.

I will write free scripts for the community when I feel the community deserves free scripts. Why would I write a free script for some kid that rages at me every time the client doesn't handle a random?

A reduction of OSBot's cut in script revenue could perhaps be negotiated. After all this system would greatly benefit them. Since we don't get anything in return from the users perhaps this could make up for it.

If no incentive is given then yeah, it probably won't happen :p

Also, why is this in spam .-.

Feel free to move it to a more appropriate section :D