Free script repopulation, a proposition

Botre

In order to repopulate the SDN with free scripts and promote better quality paid scripts, let me propose the following:

1. To unlock the ability to sell paid scripts you need to have at least one free script on the SDN. The SDN manager can refer to this script to check if the author is premium-worthy.

2. This free script has to be selected from a list of script subjects provided by the consumers and revised by the providers. A maximum of 2 script instances per list entry will be allowed (unless all items of the list already have 2 instances), this will promote script diversity.

3. The free script has to be managed and fixed for as long as a paid scripter wishes to sell premium ones.

4. Absolutely no one gets grandfathered. 

Edited by Botrepreneur
  • Like 1

In order to repopulate the SDN with free scripts and promote better quality paid scripts, let me propose the following:

1. To unlock the ability to sell paid scripts you need to have at least one free script on the SDN. The SDN manager can refer to this script to check if the author is premium-worthy.

2. This free script has to be selected from a list of script subjects provided by the consumers and revised by the providers. A maximum of 2 script instances per list entry will be allowed (unless all items of the list already have 2 instances), this will promote script diversity.

3. The free script has to be managed and fixed for as long as a paid scripter wishes to sell premium ones.

4. Absolutely no one gets grandfathered. 

1. No support since a portion of our script sales goes to OSBot.

2. No support since you are forcing everyone to write a free script of essentially OSBot's benefit.

3. Fair, but should be optional.

4. No support.

Overall, no support. You are pretty much restricting our freedom. Scripters providing free scripts to the users should always be optional because it benefits no one but the community and the developers.

great idea, support. 

however, the implementation of this would be questionable and will probably take a year to implement considering randoms have been broken for 3 months, and counting.

Dude i swear to god every single one of your posts is about randoms. If you get randoms so often just lend me an account that's stuck in one and I'll fix it biggrin.png

@OP. I see your point. I am neutral on this matter.

• Like 1

Dude i swear to god every single one of your posts is about randoms. If you get randoms so often just lend me an account that's stuck in one and I'll fix it biggrin.png

yo chill, im doing the best i can tongue.png . But legit ill try my best to give you my account in a random. ^^ tru above

1. No support since a portion of our script sales goes to OSBot.

2. No support since you are forcing everyone to write a free script of essentially OSBot's benefit.

3. Fair, but should be optional.

4. No support.

Overall, no support. You are pretty much restricting our freedom. Scripters providing free scripts to the users should always be optional because it benefits no one but the community and the developers.

i understand that it shouldnt be a mandatory thing, but with your great skill. You dont think you could make just one free script fro the community. 

• Like 1

yo chill, im doing the best i can tongue.png . But legit ill try my best to give you my account in a random. ^^ tru above

Directed at Realist lol not you :P

Hm... again regarding your post, I like the idea of having more free scripts, but... well...

1) BotRS123 has a point

2) If I were a scripter I wouldn't like those restrictions. Having to maintain a free script for all the leechers out there. hmm

@OP. I see your point. I am neutral on this matter.

? are randoms not arguably one of the most important functions of a bot client?

i've personally seen my bots being stuck in a maze for 15 hours, teleported and stuck in lumbridge cellar/wizard tower for 7 hours and you're complaining that i'm trying to get something done about it? c'mon man. 

the reason i'm crusading for someone to get their finger out their ass is because i can imagine why people are leaving this bot considering the terrible state of randoms and i don't want people to leave, so pls stop attacking me for speaking up, instead go pm some devs.

and btw, for some randoms it's almost impossible to get 'stuck in'

you can't get 'stuck in' the miles/giles/niles random, drunken dwarf, strange plant, etc etc..

? are randoms not arguably one of the most important functions of a bot client?

i've personally seen my bots being stuck in a maze for 15 hours, teleported and stuck in lumbridge cellar/wizard tower for 7 hours and you're complaining that i'm trying to get something done about it? c'mon man. 

the reason i'm crusading for someone to get their finger out their ass is because i can imagine why people are leaving this bot considering the terrible state of randoms and i don't want people to leave, so pls stop attacking me for speaking up, instead go pm some devs.

and btw, for some randoms it's almost impossible to get 'stuck in'

you can't get 'stuck in' the miles/giles/niles random, drunken dwarf, strange plant, etc etc..

i pretty sure if you log out when they are trying to talk to you, they will reappear when you log back in. But thats a theory. That im going to test out.

Directed at Realist lol not you tongue.png

Hm... again regarding your post, I like the idea of having more free scripts, but... well...

1) BotRS123 has a point

2) If I were a scripter I wouldn't like those restrictions. Having to maintain a free script for all the leechers out there. hmm

i know im just eating shit. Free script would be nice. I say dont make it a mandatory thing. But for the love of the game. We should at least release one free script.

• Like 1

i understand that it shouldnt be a mandatory thing, but with your great skill. You dont think you could make just one free script fro the community. 

I wouldn't mind if people didn't leech. All I expect back are proggies once in a while, but I mostly get leechers complaining as soon as Jagex makes an update or the client isn't working, which I cannot stand.

• Like 1