OSBot 2 Trouble Scripting

Mikee_

Hey people I was just wondering if someone could just give me some simple information real quick.

I was gone for a month and when I was gone I guess OSBot updated to OSBot 2 and now none of my local scripts will show up.

I tried downloading a "Script Skeleton" for OSBot 2 because I figured it was a different format or something and not even the Skeleton will show up. I put it in the same spot as I used to put my old local scripts as a .groovy file and still nothing would work. I saw someone say that only one type should be in the folder, so I removed all the old OSBot 1 scripts leaving only the Script Skeleton, but still nothing will work.

This is what I currently have in my "Skeleton.groovy" file: http://pastebin.com/HaZSXLFJ

All I need to know is how to get the actual script to show up... from there all I have to do is get used to the new API.

Hey people I was just wondering if someone could just give me some simple information real quick.

I was gone for a month and when I was gone I guess OSBot updated to OSBot 2 and now none of my local scripts will show up.

I tried downloading a "Script Skeleton" for OSBot 2 because I figured it was a different format or something and not even the Skeleton will show up. I put it in the same spot as I used to put my old local scripts as a .groovy file and still nothing would work. I saw someone say that only one type should be in the folder, so I removed all the old OSBot 1 scripts leaving only the Script Skeleton, but still nothing will work.

This is what I currently have in my "Skeleton.groovy" file: http://pastebin.com/HaZSXLFJ

All I need to know is how to get the actual script to show up... from there all I have to do is get used to the new API.

first of all its not grovvy its java.  So change Skeleton.groovy to Skeleton.java. Also dont forget to compile your script, into the script folder in your osbot folder. (so you should have a skeleton.jar in your script folder)

Also the api has been organized more instead of having one class with all these methods. 

For example new classes:

• LocalWalker
  • Map, etc
Edited by josedpay

first of all its not grovvy its java.  So change Skeleton.groovy to Skeleton.java. Also dont forget to compile your script, into the script folder in your osbot folder. (so you should have a skeleton.jar in your script folder)

Groovy is designed for the Java platform and compiles right down to bytecode. You cannot just change the file extension to .java, considering while most Java files are valid Groovy files it doesn't work the other way around.

Groovy is designed for the Java platform and compiles right down to bytecode. You cannot just change the file extension to .java, considering while most Java files are valid Groovy files it doesn't work the other way around.

But look at his snippet it was java class, that he took from the snippet or tutorial section. That the reason why i said to change the extension. If i knew and or didnt know it was java snippet i wouldnt never told him to change it to .java

So what you are saying is that the script you are trying to make is not showing up?

You need to use .java not .groovy

You also need to make sure that your compile output path is in the /OSBot/scripts folder

Let me know if you need more help. ^_^

But look at his snippet it was java class, that he took from the snippet or tutorial section. That the reason why i said to change the extension. If i knew and or didnt know it was java snippet i wouldnt never told him to change it to .java

Yeah my bad I didn't look at the code, I just assumed you were telling him to change a valid .groovy file to a .java :p

I need classpaths for the compiler cuz it can't find the packages from the API someone help me plz... I just wana script

Edit: Just realized I needed to have the actual bot's jar in my classpath... surprised no1 could tell me that

Glad you got it sorted, the reason no-one managed to answer this was because you were asking about peoples compiler code when the issue was in your build path, we naturally assumed you had this done ^_^