Jagex didn't ban the account, but deleted it...

CheapMondays

Was playing Runescape with my friend, not botting at the point in time. All of a sudden he got logged out, and his account was deleted (unable to log back in). Although the account was still online (in a bot world), but with a new, unusual name. Here is the pic:JlTHYlc.png?1

I'm not saying the ban was unreasonable or anything, because in truth he did bot as so did I, but I just wanted to show you guys what happened, because I've only ever seen it happen once before, ever.

Edited by CheapMondays

Yeah it's very annoying :/ My friend had a full void completed ranger that had done all the quests, literally his dream acc and its gone... the pain

My buddy was 126 maxed when it happened.

He wasnt botting at the time, he had signed in on T*bot once or twice but never actually botted. He wasn't a botter. And yet this still happened to him.

He went from 0 bans -> deleted acc.

Contacted jagex, when they replied they said 'it isnt a bug, you got banned for botting. Thats what happens when you bot' and that was that, account gone forever.

I expected more from jagex, really.

Yeah it's very annoying :/ My friend had a full void completed ranger that had done all the quests, literally his dream acc and its gone... the pain

If it was his dream account why would he take the risk of botting on it...

I have a 100CB main that I've stopped botting on purely because I don't want it getting banned as the ban hammer the last few months has hit this site so hard.

His fault really, GG.

If it was his dream account why would he take the risk of botting on it...

I have a 100CB main that I've stopped botting on purely because I don't want it getting banned as the ban hammer the last few months has hit this site so hard.

His fault really, GG.

He botted to get the stats he needed to make account his 'dream account', but yeah I understand what you're saying about it being his fault, as sooner or later you will be banned, so you have to expect it, but when it happens it's just annoying and frustrating.

My buddy was 126 maxed when it happened.

He wasnt botting at the time, he had signed in on T*bot once or twice but never actually botted. He wasn't a botter. And yet this still happened to him.

He went from 0 bans -> deleted acc.

Contacted jagex, when they replied they said 'it isnt a bug, you got banned for botting. Thats what happens when you bot' and that was that, account gone forever.

I expected more from jagex, really.

Wow that's really unlucky, I feel for your friend unsure.png  I don't understand who determines the type of ban an account gets. What separates one botting account from another (given that all variables are equal)? Why do some accounts just get a 2 day ban, whilst some get permed banned? Can't really get my head around that... Also, that response from Jagex to your friend about the account is typical from them

Edited by CheapMondays

I'm now looking to buy a new account to replace the one that was lost.

Looking for a PVM/Main:

ATK: 60 (aprox.)
STR: 60 (aprox.)
DEF: 60 (aprox.)
RANGE: 60 (aprox.)
MAGE: 60 (aprox.)
PRAY: 43/52 (aprox.)

PM me if you have any offers.

Also PM me if you have an incomplete Void Ranger, as my friend doesn't want to start again, but also doesn't want a finished account.