Moving Forward With OSBot

Laz

Hello guys, quite recently I've been able to allocate more time towards the development/maintenance of OSBot. As a result I wanted to share with you guys some plans we have for the future of the bot and its users.

First of all, webwalking has been a feature that has been widely demanded by many scripters for quite a while (even before OSBot even existed). It's a tedious feature and we've deemed it a non-priority for most of our time. However, with the recent surge in bot banning waves I've decided that it's a feature we should pursue and perfect.

I've already been developing some backend code (code that isn't actually part of the bot but for our development tools) to get the webwalking project started. Our system is going to be as dynamic as possible allowing for very stable, unbreakable behavior. Map data will be parsed from the RuneScape cache using our custom tools and formatted into usable data for the bot.

Additionally webwalking will be implemented coincidentally with another feature that we will be implementing called a "bot scheduler." The idea is that instead of making your RuneScape avatars behave like a bot by repeating very tedious tasks for hours on end, the bot scheduler will allow your bots to switch scripts based on a profile configured by the user. The idea is that the bot will be able to walk around various parts of the map and start various scripts with various ban rates.

Additionally we're planning on adding some built-in bot streaming into OSBot allowing botters to view what their bots are up to on the go by using our website. This will be more efficient than a Remote Desktop/VNC/Teamviewer set up and will feature remote controls and optimization for mobile devices. Additionally notifications will be implemented for the bot monitor giving you info such as when the bot switched scripts, encountered/solved a random event, gained a level, died, etc. 

In conclusion, the current botting technology has become quite detectable if abused (hours of repeating the same scripts every day) and needs to adapt to behave more like an engaged player (switching various scripts, walking around, etc.). These ideas which I have discussed will be implemented for OSBot 2 in the near future and will hopefully make botting more profitable. 

Sincerely,

Laz and the OSBot Team. 

Here's a preview of our dynamic landscape generator (colors are slightly off, still a work in progress):

bTUVkRM.jpg

• Like 10

I was also thinking a break schedule would be interesting to implement for those who bot personal accounts.

So for example, they have the client open and if they choose to they can have a preset so that each day their bot will play like a regular student would.

Say like one or two hours in the morning and then 3-8 hour in the time after they come back for school.

So then they have the option of a break scheduler or use the current bot break system.

Just spit balling a possible thing.