Very Unreliable Scripters

Beefrod

I've had this discussion before and I will open it again.

I believe that osbot should lean more towards No advertising´s method regarding scripters. I think it would be best if only one premium script per method should be allowed to be on sale, this way scripters have to be competitive with their scripts to get a place in the sdn and this way there won´t be confusion as to what you should buy because there is only one script for whatever you want. This script will be good because it has outperformed the other scripts of the same method.

Now some people asked me to be more specific because they didn´t fully understood me exactly so I am going to give an example.

Let´s say some guy released a Shark fishing script, if I want to release my shark fishing script then I would have to prove that mine is better than his. I could on the otherhand still release a salmon fishing script or an AIO fishing script that holds a shark fishin method. But two script which do exactly the same aren´t allowed.

(the shark fishing script should also prove to have better shark fishing methods than the shark fishing included in the AIO fisher provides, otherwise it will also be taken off).

This way there won´t be two abyss script which causes confusion to the customers. No one is required to do background research on which script to buy which can save a lot of time.

I understand why this could be a good idea, but for this community it's not. OSBot doesn't have the resources to constantly have people comparing scripts and removing adding better ones every other week because one manages to get 1 more shark per hour. Destroying the somewhat of a "free market" that OSBot has would be detrimental and create monopolies, discouraging new scripters. 

How is "better" even measured? That is extremely subjective.

• Like 1

I have zero desire to write scripts for *, the only reason I did was because a friend needed it. Sorry I don't want to sit there and scan the API for every little tiny thing I need.

Why are you making it sound like I said OSBot's API documentation was terrible? The only thing I said was that people never provide reasons why it isn't up to their standards (which you just have thank you very much). It sounds as though you think you can do better, so why don't you?

Also, validate is a completely valid name for a method that validates something. English evidently isn't your first language:

78d840c43f6556149b4758a2ca0eca1a.png

The method does not validate anything, it simply checks if the conditional statement inside returns true or false. You basically just countered yourself by posting the dictionary definition of the word. A correct method name would be shouldExecute or something of the like. Also if you want to get into technicalities, then the execute method should be named executeNode.

Just from looking at your GUI's, you don't know how to use layout managers which you should be doing for something static like a script UI.

You add poor anti-ban to you scripts which believe it or not negatively effect your users. Here's why:

Traditional scripter implemented anti-ban looks something like this:

public static void antiBan() {
    switch(random int 0-100) {
        case 0:
            //wiggle mouse; break;
        case 20:
            //wiggle camera; break;
        case 60:
            //check xp;
        case 70:
            //break;
        case 90:
            //examine object; break;
    }
}

This forms a considerably easy to detect pattern. Now, this isn't so bad if only a few people are using your scripts, but lets say for the sake of this example you have 500 users running this script with this anti-ban. All 500 people will have the same pattern:

-wiggle mouse 1% of the time

-wiggle camera 2% of the time

-check xp 1% of the time

-examine object 1% of the time

As you can see, that hurts your users more than helping them.

None of your code is actually open source so I'm not able to comment on it.

Ah yea coming to think of it I've always wanted to implement very dynamic anti-ban but would take a long time. As far as GUI goes, I'm crap, I've literally never done any GUI before and learning it at first was a huge pain but is something I'm working on.

I can't really give any open-source right now as the scripts I have are relatively old and don't write anything like that now(Wrote those when I first started) and am not really scripting but advancing in programming itself.

However we do lack GUI tutorials and something basic giving us an idea what the hell is actually going on would be pretty awesome. Thanks

If he's being ignored, I don't get why some people here seem to be getting a bit butthurt, and he shouldn't be ignored, he's making good points.

no, his points are not valid.  How is generalizing a group of people (scripters on this site) and saying they don't know shit (when the premium scripts are not open source) any different than being racist and grouping all of one culture/race and saying they are stupid?  He doesn't know what my code looks like, he doesn't know my depth of knowledge in java, and he hasn't used my scripts.  He is going about this the completely wrong way, not to mention he posted PRIVATE messages that are meant to be PRIVATE on a PUBLIC thread.  While yes, i agree there are things I and many other could improve on, this doesn't mean he has the right to group me, or anyone else for that matter.

• Like 1

no, his points are not valid.  How is generalizing a group of people (scripters on this site) and saying they don't know shit (when the premium scripts are not open source) any different than being racist and grouping all of one culture/race and saying they are stupid?  He doesn't know what my code looks like, he doesn't know my depth of knowledge in java, and he hasn't used my scripts.  He is going about this the completely wrong way, not to mention he posted PRIVATE messages that are meant to be PRIVATE on a PUBLIC thread.  While yes, i agree there are things I and many other could improve on, this doesn't mean he has the right to group me, or anyone else for that matter.

While I do feel like @Sigma is being a total ass about the whole thing and coming off as a complete dick, I agree with @Pain that his points are valid. Let's be honest, probably the only scripters here that could build any type of business grade application are the developers, @Alek, the people in AT Team, and @Pandemic. That's it.

I do think @Sigma needs to stop calling out just OSBot scripters, as this same lack of knowledge applies to almost every scripter on every client (including *).

You never made a refund request.

Stop ban evading, stop coming to the site and you won't have to worry about the things being hidden.

Whether or not he made a refund request, I did. And it was refused without being asked even one question. You guys just stole my $15 and gave me absolutely no chance at getting it back.

Maybe he's generalizing about the majority of the scripters on this site that, whether or not they do know shit, fail to show it via never updating their scripts. Novak I have your master farmer script and I can assure you that you're not one of the scripters needing scolding in this thread, keep up your good work. Honestly, Swizz, Novak, and a few other reliable scripters in this thread, you all need to stop being offended, because in reality we are trying to get rid of the people you are competing with that are essentially stealing money from people who are your potential customers, and making those potential customers leave the site when they find out they've got a bunk product. There are far too many scripters with much too loose of terms for becoming so, that was my only point in the creation of this thread. It was not meant to bash any scripters individually or turn into a contest of pointing fingers. Y'all need to chill so we can actually get a constructive solution going, or at least help with the one I imagine the dev's are already working on.

• Like 1

The script manager saying you're all shitty, and the script manager's source code being ugly as all hell is enough reason to group you all like that. If you think otherwise, get your head on straight. If I saw your code, I'd bet you I'd want to facedesk just as hard as I did when I read some threads in the tutorials section. If you don't believe me, post some and I'll be happy to take a look in a non-biased manner.

Whether or not he made a refund request, I did. And it was refused without being asked even one question. You guys just stole my $15 and gave me absolutely no chance at getting it back.

Maybe he's generalizing about the majority of the scripters on this site that, whether or not they do know shit, fail to show it via never updating their scripts. Novak I have your master farmer script and I can assure you that you're not one of the scripters needing scolding in this thread, keep up your good work. Honestly, Swizz, Novak, and a few other reliable scripters in this thread, you all need to stop being offended, because in reality we are trying to get rid of the people you are competing with that are essentially stealing money from people who are your potential customers, and making those potential customers leave the site when they find out they've got a bunk product. There are far too many scripters with much too loose of terms for becoming so, that was my only point in the creation of this thread. It was not meant to bash any scripters individually or turn into a contest of pointing fingers. Y'all need to chill so we can actually get a constructive solution going, or at least help with the one I imagine the dev's are already working on.

I don't think any scripter has been offended, just a difference of opinion is causing an issue.

I understand why this could be a good idea, but for this community it's not. OSBot doesn't have the resources to constantly have people comparing scripts and removing adding better ones every other week because one manages to get 1 more shark per hour. Destroying the somewhat of a "free market" that OSBot has would be detrimental and create monopolies, discouraging new scripters. 

How is "better" even measured? That is extremely subjective.

Well, it is in some way subjective. But the thing I want to achive with it is making OSBot more available and easy to use for customers. Because right now if you want to buy a script you have to do a whole lot of background research before you know which script is safe to buy. If scripters earn there place to get a specific script on the SDN then they will be more motivated to update + maintain their script, otherwise they might lose their place in the SDN.

• Like 1