Overhaul of the Scripter Rank

Kittens

SCRIPTER RANKS  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Remove Official Script Developer rank and SDN Scripter and add regular Script Rank and Premium Scripter and a java rank for those who are more knowledgeable than others?

SDN Scripter rank should be removed and should just be given Scripter rank and if you have scripts that are premium you should have a Premium Scripter PIP/color to show you have scripts on the SDN as premium and are of higher quality and etc. 

Official script developer people have it and a few don't even have a script on the SDN whatsoever, but only have it because of their knowledge and of how smart they are.

So what Im saying is add scripter and premium scripter ranks/PIPs and etc, premium scripters would get a colored name and non prem would not? also official scripter rank seems a bit weird. I'd say get rid of it and have a different rank that for those whose java knowledge and programming are extremely high to have.

Edited by Verified

• Administrator

Official script developer people have it and a few don't even have a script on the SDN whatsoever, but only have it because of their knowledge and of how smart they are.

If they are OSD, they are supposed to have scripts on the sdn, if you find someone that doesn't please send me a private message.

• Like 1

If they are OSD, they are supposed to have scripts on the sdn, if you find someone that doesn't please send me a private message.

Yeah I understand that but you have to apply for it to get the rank mate. Not everyone is smart enough to have it which was why i was saying just remove it and add a rank for those whose knowledge exceeds most average people. Like Harry, Xavier and a few others :)

Premium Scripter and regular Script rank sounds better. Scripter rank if you have a script on the SDN and prem scripter if its a premium script. and there would be a different rank if you're knowledge exceeds most. Not sure what'd itd be called though.

• Administrator

Yeah I understand that but you have to apply for it to get the rank mate. Not everyone is smart enough to have it which was why i was saying just remove it and add a rank for those whose knowledge exceeds most average people. Like Harry, Xavier and a few others smile.png

Premium Scripter and regular Script rank sounds better. Scripter rank if you have a script on the SDN and prem scripter if its a premium script. and there would be a different rank if you're knowledge exceeds most. Not sure what'd itd be called though.

This isn't a programming site, nor a "knowledge" contest. This is an old school bot, where you get rewarded by a group + color for your script writing. 

• Like 4

• Administrator

Also the "sdn scripter" group is for basic script writers that aren't excelled like some of the OSD. What you are suggesting is basically already implemented with just different names. OSD isn't given if you have 5 premium scripts, it is given after your code to your scripts is looked at very closely, along with a lot of other aspects. 

• Like 1

This isn't a programming site, nor a "knowledge" contest. This is an old school bot, where you get rewarded by a group + color for your script writing. 

pfiWlbv.jpg

What if new programmers come in and want to help develop OSBot more? Community wise. If other communities see that OSBot is letting people have a chance, then you'll be getting more members joining because they'll feel comfortable. You can have people asking questions towards people with certain ranks. If someone asked a simple question to the most advanced coder, or in this case Premium scripter, they can answer, they might not know. Let's say they did, most people want a challenge also. Now they can go to the scripter who has less knowledge than premium, more knowledge than the average, they can help others out while helping themselves.

Edit: Just saw post above. Still, has a bit point. I guess tl;dr it can make everything look simpler.

Edited by Empathyfaith