Project First Script! -Help is always welcome!-

Fruity

Hellos and welcomes!

Hello and welcome to my Thread! this is going to be where I will keep you updated on my journey of making my first script. I will also post the problems I am having and if you have the time and knowledge it be nice if you could help me on the way.

What type of script am I trying to make?

The script I have decided to make is a Barbarian fisher because that is the script I need the most and I thought if I don't try and make something I need what's the point biggrin.png

Current Progress!
      - The script Fishes! ( Thank god for that aha )
      - The Script Drops the Fish!
      - The script has a paint ( Made by my self if people don't like it I could probably pay for one )
      - The calculations on the paint work! Woop Woop
      - Picks up Rod when fish spits it somewhere!
      - Stops Fishing at Whirlpools! Almost Never loose that Rod!

Current Problems!

- At this moment in time when the fish jumps out of the water the script wont pick the rod back up ( Big Problem! ) - Testing to see if it working

- At this moment in time the script will not cut the fish to get Fish offcuts

- Does not stop fishing if the fishing spot turns into a whirlpool - how do I detect it is a whirlpool? - in Testing =D

- if I have not thought of it already then its a problem!
    - Randomly stops fishing, will be working fine for like 20mins but then stops working. also when a whirlpool comes it will stop fishing it but then fail to resume. pfft lol - Testing -
         - EDIT - it does work but sometimes it does not? something im doing wrong? if you know please tell

What Would help?
      - If you know how to Solve my problems please help!
      - Fish offcuts, or Feathers
      - Support!

Media!

Script Paint (showing you what information it gives you) -

fd0e0d0efa6cffce9733047362d861be.png

Moving Progress bar!

Quick Video showing how its going 

Updates!

-Made thee script pick the rod up if fish gets and spits it away from you
     - Made it not fish at Whirlpools yay me
     - if you loose rod it will pick it up if visible if not it will go get a new one from the barbarian bed =)

Got a bot busting ban cant do much for 2 days =P

Edited by Darktayz
  • Like 1

Hellos and welcomes!

Hello and welcome to my Thread! this is going to be where I will keep you updated on my journey of making my first script. I will also post the problems I am having and if you have the time and knowledge it be nice if you could help me on the way.

What type of script am I trying to make?

The script I have decided to make is a Barbarian fisher because that is the script I need the most and I thought if I don't try and make something I need what's the point biggrin.png

Current Progress!

- The script Fishes! ( Thank god for that aha )

- The Script Drops the Fish!

- The script has a paint ( Made by my self if people don't like it I could probably pay for one )

- The calculations on the paint work! Woop Woop

Current Problems!

- At this moment in time when the fish jumps out of the water the script wont pick the rod back up ( Big Problem! )

- At this moment in time the script will not cut the fish to get Fish offcuts

- Does not stop fishing if the fishing spot turns into a whirlpool

- if I have not thought of it already then its a problem!

What Would help?

- If you know how to Solve my problems please help!

- Fish offcuts, or Feathers

- Support!

Media!

Script Paint (showing you what information it gives you) -

713f170a5ce1bc3b4fafd31f13f1b121.png

Was looking to do the same thing, hie much experience with the language have you had before (time-wise)

Was looking to do the same thing, hie much experience with the language have you had before (time-wise)

not had much to be honest I have looked at attempting and trying to make a script and failing in the past but I watched a few videos couple of days ago and it was a lot easier to understand. but yeah I have tried lots and lots of times and failed in the past aha =P

not had much to be honest I have looked at attempting and trying to make a script and failing in the past but I watched a few videos couple of days ago and it was a lot easier to understand. but yeah I have tried lots and lots of times and failed in the past aha =P

Have any links. (Pm if you want).i have been reading a few tuts and have looked at a book. Not the best atm ;)

You could easily get designer if you produce other art work to that standard, how long did it take? Also any more updates on the script :)?

I not been home since i posted it. Going to try sort the whole fish spitting the rod n having to pick it up thing next. And it didnt take too long tbh. I might go for designer some time tho ;)