Some Minor Suggestions

Gildarts

I have a slight form of OCD when it comes to Forums that comes off as perfectionism, and so I noticed a few minor (mostly aesthetic) issues on these Forums that were bugging me to a small extent.

Add a "Guides" or "Tutorials" subsection to this, I will be posting a few tutorials in the near future:

OSBot :: 2007 OSRS BottingOfficialCommunity DiscussionComputer & Technology

When it comes to the user panel on the side of whatever posts you make (pictured below), change it so the "Joined" and "Location" match the format of that of the "Time Online:". It's just for a bit of a cleaner look, you'd just need to add a colon in ACP.

65609a95d6cfb918dd2d6b17db33aad3.pngSo, it would look like this: 3ce22f974db86202f71fbdab1e4ac565.png

As for more of a larger-scope suggestion, a revamp to the account section could be made in order to improve the organization and search-capabilities overall. It would take a very small amount of JavaScript and HTML knowledge coupled with a bit of time in order to complete it.

It's essentially where you can enter the skills of the account in which you are selling in a table, along with quest points, warnings, GP, etc. and it will store those entries in the database paired with the thread that was posted. Of course, pictures and further description of the account would be provided within the thread, but the table would serve as a search tool.

For those searching the database for an account, you would enter the skills of the account that you are hoping to find. It would generate a list of the accounts for sale that are close to the ranges entered.

Some easy and interesting things to add to this concept could be the following:

• Search within fields using range (#-#), minimum (>#), and/or maximum (<#)
  • Starting bid, buyout bid (at $x , account is bought), and current bid fields
  • Membership days left and timer that subtracts one day every 24 hours. (timer starts when posted)

These sorts of ideas could be ported over to the currency section, where you could perhaps sort threads by price / mil.

As for other things to suggest:

• When you are a guest (have no account), the view of the Forums is quite dodgy in terms of what sections are visible/accessible to you. All it would take to fix this is to sift through each Forum section in ACP and fix the viewing permissions.
  • Fix the registration name filters, for christ's sake you can use "********" in your name.
  • Add new themes.
  • Get rid of the troll emoticon
  • Either switch the emoticons up, or add some additional ones.

These are rough suggestions and serve no purpose as non-changeable ideas. The concepts of them must be adapted to what others feel is best for the site.

Thus, let me know what your thoughts are on some of these.

• Like 2

Liking the account idea, doubtful as to whether anyone would want to do it though, as easy as it may be. Heck, if there's a payment i guess it could be open to the public to create.

A whole new set on non-troll emoticons would look great and add originality.

A custom theme would be nice but as mentioned above, would take time and money etc.

Liking the account idea, doubtful as to whether anyone would want to do it though, as easy as it may be. Heck, if there's a payment i guess it could be open to the public to create.

A whole new set on non-troll emoticons would look great and add originality.

A custom theme would be nice but as mentioned above, would take time and money etc.

There are enough donators, that money could be used for the improvement of the forum, site etc..

If they only actually used the money they get from donators to improve the site instead of feeding their wallets...

With the money they have got now from donators, they could have purchased a sick new homepage layout, they could have hired a developer to make an awesome scripters management panel (scripters have been waiting for this since like 8 months already) and they could have done smaller improvements such as new themes, but nope, all that money is going somewhere else, that's obvious because not a single update that costs money has been done since the donator ranks got implentend. That OSBot is the most used 07 bot with a pretty large userbase doesn't mean that they should stop improving & investing into the site, OSBot could be twice as large and a lot better if they did.

OT: Nice suggestions, I support them all. ^.^

• Like 2

• Administrator

• When you are a guest (have no account), the view of the Forums is quite dodgy in terms of what sections are visible/accessible to you. All it would take to fix this is to sift through each Forum section in ACP and fix the viewing permissions.
  • Fix the registration name filters, for christ's sake you can use "********" in your name.
  • Add new themes.
  • Get rid of the troll emoticon
  • Either switch the emoticons up, or add some additional ones.

These are rough suggestions and serve no purpose as non-changeable ideas. The concepts of them must be adapted to what others feel is best for the site.

Thus, let me know what your thoughts are on some of these.

• I will edit the permissions for guests soon to give them access to view a few forums and see online users. Could you give me an example of what they should or shouldn't see?
  • Made is so you can't use the N word in registration.
  • We have 4 themes, there were 3 new ones added a few months ago. We are always open to suggestions if you find a great one, but we aren't paying 30 dollars for a shitty theme no one will use.
  • I added it when I was playing around with permissions and everyone seems to like it and no one has ever complained, didn't know it was a bad thing. Nonetheless it is removed for looking ugly.
  • We are of course open to adding new emoticons, but why? The ones we have are fine, if you are wanting something different that is fine we can look into it, but I won't add something with the same amount, it has to be an emoticon package that has more variety. No point in removing just for different styles.

I am tired, worked 12 hours last night, will look into the rest of this later of course.

• Like 1

There are enough donators, that money could be used for the improvement of the forum, site etc..

If they only actually used the money they get from donators to improve the site instead of feeding their wallets...

With the money they have got now from donators, they could have purchased a sick new homepage layout, they could have hired a developer to make an awesome scripters management panel (scripters have been waiting for this since like 8 months already) and they could have done smaller improvements such as new themes, but nope, all that money is going somewhere else, that's obvious because not a single update that costs money has been done since the donator ranks got implentend. That OSBot is the most used 07 bot with a pretty large userbase doesn't mean that they should stop improving & investing into the site, OSBot could be twice as large and a lot better if they did.

OT: Nice suggestions, I support them all. ^.^

OSBot is not the most used client, however like you said it could be if the owners weren't absolutely retarded when it comes to running a business.