Review Rule 8 in CB

Blue

I do believe 30 minutes is a bit intense, knowingly sometimes when the chat goes > 40 your message flys by extremely fast without anyone seeing it. A ban should be dependent on the moderator's discretion, such as:

6Wwop.png

what's considered spamming? 

There should be an extra reminder when they break this rule to be honest.

Before you enter the chat, there are a set of 8 rules you must agree to before entering. Everyone is use too checking the "Accept Terms & Agreements" w/o reading it when downloading programs ect., and ignorantly not reading the rules which are leading to all these bans. 

Edited by Cinnamon

I do believe 30 minutes is a bit intense, knowingly sometimes when the chat goes > 40 your message flys by extremely fast without anyone seeing it. A ban should be dependent on the moderator's discretion, such as:

6Wwop.png

what's considered spamming? 

Before you enter the chat, there are a set of 8 rules you must agree to before entering. Everyone is use too checking the "Accept Terms & Agreements" w/o reading it when downloading programs ect., and ignorantly not reading the rules which are leading to all these bans.

EXTRA, as in a moderator should give a verbal warning. Perming from chat is a bit too intense.

• Like 1

EXTRA, as in a moderator should give a verbal warning. Perming from chat is a bit too intense.

New protocol has been set in place to do this now, and it has been in place for the past week. 

However, previous offences add up. If you continuously commit the offence it will be instant punishment after your first warning.

As I have said before, the advertisement has lead to a lot of discussion in that chat. If you remove all advertisement in the chat people the chat box would get really dry.

I don't find this to be true at all. 90% of the chatbox topics aren't related to the market at all.

Let's say market was removed, there'd be just as much activity, just without constant advertising of services or products.

I'm not saying it should be removed though. It does help a lot of users out with their services. The way things are being handled are fine in my opinion.

I proposed a revision to the rules a few days ago, and the staff has been discussing it since then. The new ruleset would remove some of the petty bans. For example, buying or selling Runescape items (not bonds) would no longer be under the 30 minute rule. Personally, I don't enjoy writing down times in a notepad to make sure rule 8 is followed, however it is the only way to keep track of the rule fairly as it currently exists. Eliminating all marketing from the chat is one solution, but I don't think it's the best option. Removing rule 8 is also a solution, but this creates drama. Having the staff ban people based on their discretion and non-concrete rules would not work out well.

As you can see, there really is no perfect solution. Sure we could lower the time in between messages. But would this even help? No, people would just continue to break the rules.

Right now, we do make sure to warn users before banning them, which I find to be rather nice.

Edited by Eliot

I don't find this to be true at all. 90% of the chatbox topics aren't related to the market at all.

Let's say market was removed, there'd be just as much activity, just without constant advertising of services or products.

I'm not saying it should be removed though. It does help a lot of users out with their services. The way things are being handled are fine in my opinion.

If advertising wasn't allowed then a good amount of people wouldn't go on there, yeah you will still have some but you would lose people in the chat and because the market people are going to the chat they tend to make discussion with people unrelated about there service. So even if the discussion isn't about the market it still got them to chat about it.