Review Rule 8 in CB

Blue

8. 30 MINUTES in between market advertising, such as linking threads or asking to buy gp. 100 post requirement to sell accounts/buy accounts. This will be an instant ban no questions asked.

I am asking for this rule to be reviewed, CBAs are constantly banning users for advertising within 30 minutes of each other. The problem I have with this is people are getting banned for linking their thread then asking to buy a in-game item. They should not be banned for two different things, also from the evidence I've seen of mods banning users none of them include the time of the posts in the chat box. CBA's are not writing down when a user has advertised and therefore they do not know if a user has advertised within 30 minutes, they are just making a assumption.

This rule either needs to be revisited or removed. In all honesty, without the market in the chat box the chat box would get really dry and boring. This does not mean I support users spamming the chat box with their thread every 5 minutes, although I do not believe the bans have been fair. If you read all the appeals you will see a lot of active users get banned from the chat box and that brings up an issue. Either reduce the time of advertising or have a time stamp for each thing said in the chat box.

Also another thing is I believe VIP+ should be able to sell/buy account regardless of the 100 post requirement.
Thank you.

a938e538546b7737a303977c03485526.png

As you can see from the amount of bans, this is an issue and needs to be fixed.

#BanSolstice

Edited by Blue
  • Like 1

I have some points to make about this:

1) Yes I agree that OSBot marketing and runescape marketing are different. This is how I perceive the chat rule basically -

• Advertising your market in OSBot thread per 30 minutes, example: Check out my shop here!! Best prices!! Need fast powerlevelling services!! etc.
  • Asking to buy something in OSBot market per 30 minutes, example: Buying 30 day membership, PM me! 10 mins later, Buying 30 day membership, PM me! - Ban.
  • Now, I understand that people do have an autotyper for every 30 minutes, so they say, see my shop, bla bla bla, but then randomly they will say, hey anyone got 100 iron bars I can buy? Now with that I don't care at all because it's understandable. However if they keep saying, anyone have 100 iron bars, or anyone selling 100 iron bars, then I will ban you.

I do agree that some of the ChatBox Mods do need to chill out a bit, but it is up to their discretion as to whether or not banning someone, as we made them chatbox mod for a reason. However we have implemented a new rule that we must warn you first (I do this anyway because I know i'll just unban you once you appeal anyway). So yeah, thats my 10 cents.

The problem I have with this is people are getting banned for linking their thread then asking to buy a in-game item. They should not be banned for two different things, also from the evidence I've seen of mods banning users none of them include the time of the posts in the chat box. CBA's are not writing down when a user has advertised and therefore they do not know if a user has advertised within 30 minutes, they are just making a assumption.

This is not necessarily true...

I understand where you are coming from, but advertising "two different things" is still market advertising none the less. It shouldn't matter whether one is a link to your shop, or the next one advertising "Buying Membership Pm me". They're the same thing.

Also, we do keep track of times. The shoutbox does not provide a time of shout feature, therefore we must keep our own record of things; and we do provide this information to staff members upon every ban. We aren't just assuming, that would make the whole system flawed. :P

Anyways, I understand you're frustrated and I agree with some of your points. Best of luck, Blue! ^_^