Chat box ideas

Timekeeper

Announcement:

There needs to be some sort of a banner/announcement that can be put at top of the shout box, edited by CBAs, GMs, Admins, SMs, that can be used to convery important information. Such as when the bot is down letting everyone know the bot is down, and is currently being worked out. I feel this will stop the flood every time the bot goes down.

Requirement:

I would also like to see a minimum post count to be require for access, could be something low like 10-20, just to stop leechers from flooding us.

Thank you,

Announcement:

There needs to be some sort of a banner/announcement that can be put at top of the shout box, edited by CBAs, GMs, Admins, SMs, that can be used to convery important information. Such as when the bot is down letting everyone know the bot is down, and is currently being worked out. I feel this will stop the flood every time the bot goes down.

They can't even seem to find the online/offline text in the header, so I don't think that this will help.

Just because you're an 100 Donator, doesn't mean you're any more special than they're.

Looks like you're trying to work through some self-esteem issues. Don't remember ever bringing up the value of my contributions in regard to decision making.

@Raf- But that doesnt convey information, everytime they explode it for information seeking, conveying that we know the bot is down and it is being worked on and back up soon may relieve a lot of the stress. Honestly I don't see any harm in trying

6Madc.jpg

If they can't see this, how are they going to see the bold rules?

We already have a red rule and people still break that... 

I am referring to in the the actual chat box window. and maybe a link to the release sub forum telling them to keep their eye out for the update.

It's never been tried I am genuinely confused about the resistance to even try it lol.

• Administrator

I am referring to in the the actual chat box window. and maybe a link to the release sub forum telling them to keep their eye out for the update.

It's never been tried I am genuinely confused about the resistance to even try it lol.

Because getting leechers to comply with any sort of rules or anything. If i put a rule saying click to confirm that you've read the rules, okay now click this box to confirm you've double checked. They would come in spamming just as always.

ITT: Arguing about the theoretical practicality of a suggestion with no emphasis on evidence or personal bias and ignoring the idea of the potential application of the idea.

Why even have a suggestion forums if the suggestions aren't even going to be open for any discussion above mere personal opinions and no regard of the benefits that may be derived from it?