Staff members and name changes

Anne

I remember when I was Moderator and I changed my name from Cortana to Superscript (it was a deal) that ALOT of people were very confused, now I have seen a few name changes with the current Staff Team the past month, let's take a recent one : Falixus to Mr Bean. Also his avatar has been changed, I almost thought there was a new promotion and it causes a lot of struggles just in general.

So are Staff Members not allowed to change their name or avatar? Well I think there's a slight difference between changing your name from Jason to Jordan and maintaining the same avatar to avoid confusion than changing your name from Falixus to something complete different "Mr Bean" along with the fitting avatar.

After all I'm also pretty sure Falixus will change his name back again within a month and once again there's confusion. Master Drive has changed his name to Levi and hasn't changed it since then which I have no problem with at all since everyone knows that Master Drive's real name is Levi.

What I want to say is that those - out of the blue - name changes confuse people, and with such responsibility as Moderator I think there should be a fine line between what's acceptable and what not.

Hope that made sense.

Or you could just see his old posts or his profile statistics. This isn't a kindergarten.

Besides, a mod is a mod, their name is irrelevant. They can do what they like regarding their name, the only thing that matters is if they're doing their job.

It may not be a kindergarten, but it is a business, and businesses often find it important to notify consumers of changes, instead of advertising half naked women to kids how about you do something constructive and mature with your time/position here.

• Like 2

I'm not so sure this is such a big of a deal. Even though members might get confused they could simply ask others or check their username history (assuming they'd go to the users profile to investigate).

You shouldn't have to feel tied down in a way though, if you feel like changing your username you should be free to do so, even though you do hold responsibilities.

It may not be a kindergarten, but it is a business, and businesses often find it important to notify consumers of changes, instead of advertising half naked women to kids how about you do something constructive and mature with your time/position here.

How does having a picture as your profile picture imply you want to advertise it? I merely like this .Gif and wanted to make it my profile picture. It's not breaking any rules and I really don't believe anyone would find something of this sort 'offensive'.

I'm not so sure this is such a big of a deal. Even though members might get confused they could simply ask others or check their username history (assuming they'd go to the users profile to investigate).

You shouldn't have to feel tied down in a way though, if you feel like changing your username you should be free to do so, even though you do hold responsibilities.

How does having a picture as your profile picture imply you want to advertise it? I merely like this .Gif and wanted to make it my profile picture. It's not breaking any rules and I really don't believe anyone would find something of this sort 'offensive'.

go get a job a toyworld (the consumer comparison of this site) and start sticking up posters /tv monitors of chicks shaking their ass/boobs because 'you like it', the internet is no excuse to void social customs...

Falixus is now known as Mr Bean.

i'll keep that in mind when/if i ever decide to care about this community.

go get a job a toyworld (the consumer comparison of this site) and start sticking up posters /tv monitors of chicks shaking their ass/boobs because 'you like it', the internet is no excuse to void social customs...

Difference is you get paid at toyworld, not here. Another difference is that toyworld has it's own rules that you must abide by as their staff. Not all rules are the same, so i'm not sure why you're comparing rules from a botting website where everyones identity is not revealed, as to social standards in life?

Anyhow, enough of this nonsense.

There is a display name history feature for a reason, surely you would have been aware of this as your experience of being a moderator, Anne.