Master Chief's demotion

Maxi

• Developer

Dear community,

Over the past few days we have been targeted by a group of angry people. They are angry for many reasons, some of which have solid ground but they have taken it too far. They created a new community and a competitor bot, which is good. Competition keeps everyone sharp and we did never mind about competitors as long as they did not attack us directly, for example by creating a lot of spam on the forums with inappropriate content. Their community and bot is called Osbot FTW.

Master Chief has, without communication, become an administrator on their community. Therefore he has been demoted and it's a decision I didn't like to make but had to. His place will hopefully be filled by a great staff member.

One more shoutout to you I want to make and perhaps to Osbot FTW as well is that I'm really surprised by their behaviour. I don't see how being hostile towards another community to begin with is a good start. But maybe I'm not the one to judge. I do understand people have their discontent which the development team is to blame for. On the other hand, we can make up for this and we will certainly do so.

If you have no commitments, you have the freedom to chose where to be. Be in one place, two places or more. But if you work with Apple, you can't work with Microsoft at the same time.

Thanks for reading,

OSBot.org

• Like 7

Fuck yes, will fail and in a few weeks everyones going to come back over.

Without OSBot no one would have even heard of them, and I don't think they realize how hard it is it actually run a successful bot client with all the competition out. Their way over their heads.

OSBot ftw QwPha8E.png

Edited by Maldesto
  • Like 1

Sad to see this happen. :(

Fuck yes, Excoshitbot will fail and in a few weeks everyones going to come back over.

Without OSBot no one would have even heard of them, and I don't think they realize how hard it is it actually run a successful bot client with all the competition out. Their way over their heads.

OSBot ftw QwPha8E.png

Didn't you sign up for the community?

• Like 2

Sad to see this happen. sad.png

Fuck yes, Excoshitbot will fail and in a few weeks everyones going to come back over.

OSBot ftw QwPha8E.png

Yes, I'm not allowed to go and check out another site? I haven't made any contributions have I..

OSBot ftw QwPha8E.png

You did too? As did I. I would like to check out their site, see whats happening. I have * as well, there is nothing wrong with being apart of another bot/forum.

• Like 2

OSBot ftw QwPha8E.png

You did too? As did I. I would like to check out their site, see whats happening. I have * as well, there is nothing wrong with being apart of another bot/forum.

I never said I didn't sign up, but I'm not the one trashing either bot / community. :wacko:

• Like 1