Osbotting is dead.

Sublimeqt

Botting is near impossible now at least to make profit in terms of OSRS GP into $ irl.

Any gold farming bots I've been running have been getting instant banned after even 4 hrs of botting.

I do a decent bit per acc by hand, I create acc on jagexs client, Then I do nearly 20 hours of hand training per account before they are RC ready (Gotr) into cosmics etc. I idle the acc more than 48 hrs after the 20 hrs of hand training and 14 quests.

I bot gotr for about 4 hrs and the next day every account is banned always. 

about 10+ accounts in the last week have been banned near instantly. With no shot of ever making osrs gp before the ban.

Go back a year ago and I could bot 7 days - 14 + days per account with the same exact hand training method / 48 hrs idle etc. Each bot runs conservative breaks and is not anywhere near 24/7 yet the account just gets banned instantly.

I have used random.dat deleter on all my pcs running bots. (I even run random.dat deleter through my sandboxies - Virtual pcs) And yet like stated above 4 hrs of botting just gets the account PERMAD. not even 2 days legit permad. 

I change my IP after any ban using my router its fairly simple.

The accounts getting banned I truly don't care about, I do care tho about making a profit on them before a ban and that is literally impossible nowadays.

I feel like botting is truly dead at least within OSBOT, IDK about these plugins via runelite i've heard etc. But I'm not trying to advertise for any of these (I truly don't know where to find them) But osbot seems very dead.

Point being, OSBOT admin's dev's whatever need to step up their game about 10,000% to keep this platform alive, In my opinion.

• Like 4

It sounds like user error tbh

I mean, for starters, hand training, then botting on brand new accounts? They are more likely to get banned if brand new regardless, but mixing methods can be a clear indication of botting since the average behaviour drastically changes between hand training and botting

Also, what scripts are you running? Suggestion would be run a better one...

6 hours ago, Sublimeqt said:

Botting is near impossible now at least to make profit in terms of OSRS GP into $ irl.

Any gold farming bots I've been running have been getting instant banned after even 4 hrs of botting.

I do a decent bit per acc by hand, I create acc on jagexs client, Then I do nearly 20 hours of hand training per account before they are RC ready (Gotr) into cosmics etc. I idle the acc more than 48 hrs after the 20 hrs of hand training and 14 quests.

I bot gotr for about 4 hrs and the next day every account is banned always. 

about 10+ accounts in the last week have been banned near instantly. With no shot of ever making osrs gp before the ban.

Go back a year ago and I could bot 7 days - 14 + days per account with the same exact hand training method / 48 hrs idle etc. Each bot runs conservative breaks and is not anywhere near 24/7 yet the account just gets banned instantly.

I have used random.dat deleter on all my pcs running bots. (I even run random.dat deleter through my sandboxies - Virtual pcs) And yet like stated above 4 hrs of botting just gets the account PERMAD. not even 2 days legit permad. 

I change my IP after any ban using my router its fairly simple.

The accounts getting banned I truly don't care about, I do care tho about making a profit on them before a ban and that is literally impossible nowadays.

I feel like botting is truly dead at least within OSBOT, IDK about these plugins via runelite i've heard etc. But I'm not trying to advertise for any of these (I truly don't know where to find them) But osbot seems very dead.

Point being, OSBOT admin's dev's whatever need to step up their game about 10,000% to keep this platform alive, In my opinion.

if you keep doing the same thing don't you think you my need to change it up a bit as it seems you make it easy for them to spot you, as you said you do the same thing from 1 year ago and in that time there AI that spots bots will see it as a pattern that bots do so will flag the accounts to be looked in too.
as they say   "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results" 

you my try change how you do things and change up the main thing you bot, try it and see if it helps.

and just so you know changing your IP will not change your mac address, so that maybe flagged and not the IP its self, all so maybe a HWID flag as well as they can flag more than just a IP and i bet they do like most games that have a lot of people that cheat like tarkov does HWID flagging and banning meaning even if you buy a new account it will not login and get banned right away.

Edited by manko

5 hours ago, manko said:

if you keep doing the same thing don't you think you my need to change it up a bit as it seems you make it easy for them to spot you, as you said you do the same thing from 1 year ago and in that time there AI that spots bots will see it as a pattern that bots do so will flag the accounts to be looked in too.
as they say   "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results" 

you my try change how you do things and change up the main thing you bot, try it and see if it helps.

and just so you know changing your IP will not change your mac address, so that maybe flagged and not the IP its self, all so maybe a HWID flag as well as they can flag more than just a IP and i bet they do like most games that have a lot of people that cheat like tarkov does HWID flagging and banning meaning even if you buy a new account it will not login and get banned right away.

exactly this^
I have heard of people farming the same thing in the same way for months and than suddenly getting bans, thats due to farm/accounts being profiled.
Jagex adepts to bots ot get rid of them, so you have to adept your farmt o it aswell.

Mix up levelling order, different strategies, different locations, ...
It involves testing and it will teach you a lot of what works and what doesn'y ^^

17 hours ago, manko said:

It's not like I "Did the same thing" For a full year. I botted a year ago for a little over a month with a lot of success. As said in the post, I botted the first 8 accs I had for almost a full month before they were temp banned, This was right before last years free twitch prime membership, SO ban rates went a lot higher out of nowhere, I started new accounts right after that during prime and they kept getting banned within a few days so I decided to break, I breaked a lot longer than I wanted (Literally a year) Before re-starting my bots, As said above, I changed my IP via my router (Changed mac address) I use sandboxie as well so my PC is not HWID tracked or anything and have also cleared my random.dat files via my pc and sandboxie. There's no shot they can track the shit last year to me, So doing "The same thing" As you say is definitely not an issue.

It's not also like I do the same exact hand training route as I explained, Sure the end skills and quests may be near the same but the hand training methods I do are randomized, I don't do X into X everytime for every singular account.

But even a year ago I believe the osbot version was relatively nearly the same, Maybe 2 or 3 versions popped out over the year. But my main point is Jagex themselves have said the old java client is 90+% bots. And OSBOT still uses the java client. My main point here is to me, It seems osbot is very far behind jagex, And reacts to jagex rather than trying to keep ahead. Like staying on old client for years and sitting and banking rather than progressing an HTML5 client. 

There's a lot of people in the same boat as me, People who notice that botting on here is next to impossible in terms of bot farms.

Edited by Sublimeqt

22 hours ago, Fanny said:

It sounds like user error tbh

I mean, for starters, hand training, then botting on brand new accounts? They are more likely to get banned if brand new regardless, but mixing methods can be a clear indication of botting since the average behaviour drastically changes between hand training and botting

Also, what scripts are you running? Suggestion would be run a better one...

I've been told by scripters and bot farmers that Hand training an acc & questing before botting helps ban rates immensely. And that Also idling them for at least 2 days after hand training - before starting botting also helps ban rates immensely, And it worked last year greatly. But this year, It's a night and day difference. Jagex is ontop of their shit and it seems to me nothing is being done about it ( I say this cuz I saw a post talking about the future of osbot, About how they may go onto a html5 client etc if jagex cuts support for java client etc) To me this just makes me think nothing is being done and the people who work on this project only want to do something about it after things have been done. Rather than constantly working against jagex and trying to make their client way less detectable and or just an HTML5 client.

Edited by Sublimeqt

23 hours ago, Muffins said:

plenty of people have success in botting and turning a profit. Blaming OSBot won't do you any good. OSBot is very much still alive.

You may be right about that, But to me as someone who has been on this site for many years, I am nowhere near saying I'm active whatsoever, But the short times I have been active over the years, I have seen this community dwindle. And as of right now I can tell via the forum posts and discord channels of bot bans (Proggie channels) Etc all of them have slowed down at an insane rate. Lots of people in these discord channels talking about how dead botting feels right now etc. 

And I myself can very easily tell that this forum is way less active than a year ago lets say. 

And personal discord channels from scripters etc have been WAY less active than once before.

This is just very blatant to me.

(Not trying to be a doomer) Just trying to get the msg out there that things gotta be pushing forward at a much better rate than now.

Edited by Sublimeqt

35 minutes ago, Sublimeqt said:

It's not like I "Did the same thing" For a full year. I botted a year ago for a little over a month with a lot of success. As said in the post, I botted the first 8 accs I had for almost a full month before they were temp banned, This was right before last years free twitch prime membership, SO ban rates went a lot higher out of nowhere, I started new accounts right after that during prime and they kept getting banned within a few days so I decided to break, I breaked a lot longer than I wanted (Literally a year) Before re-starting my bots, As said above, I changed my IP via my router (Changed mac address) I use sandboxie as well so my PC is not HWID tracked or anything and have also cleared my random.dat files via my pc and sandboxie. There's no shot they can track the shit last year to me, So doing "The same thing" As you say is definitely not an issue.

It's not also like I do the same exact hand training route as I explained, Sure the end skills and quests may be near the same but the hand training methods I do are randomized, I don't do X into X everytime for every singular account.

But even a year ago I believe the osbot version was relatively nearly the same, Maybe 2 or 3 versions popped out over the year. But my main point is Jagex themselves have said the old java client is 90+% bots. And OSBOT still uses the java client. My main point here is to me, It seems osbot is very far behind jagex, And reacts to jagex rather than trying to keep ahead. Like staying on old client for years and sitting and banking rather than progressing an HTML5 client. 

There's a lot of people in the same boat as me, People who notice that botting on here is next to impossible in terms of bot farms.

changing IP with your route does not give you a new MAC address, your mac is strict and does not change, and you do know that jagex are fighting bot farms a lot right now so bot farms with be a target and you are making new accounts doing just about the same shit every time and blaming the client for you not being able to get away with what you used too. if you like 10+ years ago i was able to bot for weeks with no breaks at a time and not cop a ban at all but know i go months on end botting short times fine. change your shit more than just a bit, look for ways to stop your accounts looking like bots and if you feel OSbot gets you ban go some were else and use there client/bot. 

PS forgot to say sandboxie does not spoof your HWID but OSbot does so your ok with that.

19 minutes ago, manko said:

changing IP with your route does not give you a new MAC address, your mac is strict and does not change, and you do know that jagex are fighting bot farms a lot right now so bot farms with be a target and you are making new accounts doing just about the same shit every time and blaming the client for you not being able to get away with what you used too. if you like 10+ years ago i was able to bot for weeks with no breaks at a time and not cop a ban at all but know i go months on end botting short times fine. change your shit more than just a bit, look for ways to stop your accounts looking like bots and if you feel OSbot gets you ban go some were else and use there client/bot. 

PS forgot to say sandboxie does not spoof your HWID but OSbot does so your ok with that.

Changing IP with my router does, I'm changing my mac address on my router everytime, Trust me I know what I'm doing lol.

And yes Sandboxie does "Spoof" it in a way, It literally creates a whole new PC everytime I create a diff sandboxie profile.

I have many profiles and create diff ones for each diff account, If I bot 8 accounts, all 8 accounts are being run on "Virtual PCS" That show up for Jagex as its separate own PC.

And I also used old accs I had from YEARS ago, I'm a heavy RS nerd (literally top 100 ironman), I have like 20+ accounts all with diff stats / acc builds etc. Most all of them were made well passed even 2015 dude.

Even accounts I created well over a year ago and bot for 4hours get instant banned.

Literally one of my accounts with over 1500 total, Made in 2016 got permd after 1 offence within 4 hours of GOTR botting.

I've played this game since 2003, I have a massive understanding of this game in general.

I will definitely put blame onto the client as it runs off of the client where over 90% of users if not 99% of users are bots. It's pretty easy to catch bots that way for jagex lol, Especially if they truly do have an AI profiling bots and banning them.

Thus the client needs to be updated. Java no longer cuts it and its clear. HTML5 has to come in my eyes or it may be too late for osbot.

The point you bring up of botting 10 years ago for weeks on end doesn't make much since, As its a point proven that things to be changed, You can't just run off the same java client for years and years when jagex has pretty much dropped nearly all support for said client, And even know that most all of their userbase plays on the HTML5 client, That makes it very easy to determine bots for jagex. They are a multi million $ company owned by a company with hundreds of billions in assets. Sitting on an old client and thinking its good enough does not cut it for osbot. They have to do much more work than sitting on the java client and hoping that jagex keeps support for said client to keep this platform alive and worth it for USERS to put $ into.

I botted well over 13 years ago on original RS well back before EOC for 3 months straight nonstop no breaks on blue dragons. Never got banned. Do I bring that up? No its irrelevant. THINGS Change. Jagex has changed immensely and has put so many resources to fighting bots yet, Nothing here is being done in my eyes to counteract their efforts. Java client in my eyes is beyond dead for botting now.  It's so blatant to me that java client botting = instant bans nowadays which means 0 profit for bot farmers which means people will stop putting their money into scripts and VIP on this platform.

I myself have been on osbot for almost a decade now. I don't want it to die out and disappear, I want it to thrive and be worth using. That's why I created this thread to get my point out to people, Users, Devs, Mods, Admins, Whatever. To HOPE. That ALL people on this platform see these issues and TALK and work together to get these very much needed fixes in place. And to work forward towards a better client and overall better platform for everybody.

Edited by Sublimeqt

1 hour ago, Sublimeqt said:

Changing IP with my router does, I'm changing my mac address on my router everytime, Trust me I know what I'm doing lol.

And yes Sandboxie does "Spoof" it in a way, It literally creates a whole new PC everytime I create a diff sandboxie profile.

I have many profiles and create diff ones for each diff account, If I bot 8 accounts, all 8 accounts are being run on "Virtual PCS" That show up for Jagex as its separate own PC.

And I also used old accs I had from YEARS ago, I'm a heavy RS nerd (literally top 100 ironman), I have like 20+ accounts all with diff stats / acc builds etc. Most all of them were made well passed even 2015 dude.

Even accounts I created well over a year ago and bot for 4hours get instant banned.

Literally one of my accounts with over 1500 total, Made in 2016 got permd after 1 offence within 4 hours of GOTR botting.

I've played this game since 2003, I have a massive understanding of this game in general.

I will definitely put blame onto the client as it runs off of the client where over 90% of users if not 99% of users are bots. It's pretty easy to catch bots that way for jagex lol, Especially if they truly do have an AI profiling bots and banning them.

Thus the client needs to be updated. Java no longer cuts it and its clear. HTML5 has to come in my eyes or it may be too late for osbot.

The point you bring up of botting 10 years ago for weeks on end doesn't make much since, As its a point proven that things to be changed, You can't just run off the same java client for years and years when jagex has pretty much dropped nearly all support for said client, And even know that most all of their userbase plays on the HTML5 client, That makes it very easy to determine bots for jagex. They are a multi million $ company owned by a company with hundreds of billions in assets. Sitting on an old client and thinking its good enough does not cut it for osbot. They have to do much more work than sitting on the java client and hoping that jagex keeps support for said client to keep this platform alive and worth it for USERS to put $ into.

I botted well over 13 years ago on original RS well back before EOC for 3 months straight nonstop no breaks on blue dragons. Never got banned. Do I bring that up? No its irrelevant. THINGS Change. Jagex has changed immensely and has put so many resources to fighting bots yet, Nothing here is being done in my eyes to counteract their efforts. Java client in my eyes is beyond dead for botting now.  It's so blatant to me that java client botting = instant bans nowadays which means 0 profit for bot farmers which means people will stop putting their money into scripts and VIP on this platform.

I myself have been on osbot for almost a decade now. I don't want it to die out and disappear, I want it to thrive and be worth using. That's why I created this thread to get my point out to people, Users, Devs, Mods, Admins, Whatever. To HOPE. That ALL people on this platform see these issues and TALK and work together to get these very much needed fixes in place. And to work forward towards a better client and overall better platform for everybody.

i myself have played RS from 2002 on and off and have botted from about 2005, and no changing your IP does not change the mac "A MAC address is a unique identifier for a device on a local network, and is usually permanent. It's assigned to the device's network interface card (NIC) " yes it can be spoofed but not changed unless you get a new route every time you do it. and you say you botted 4 hours on old account and got banned yet here is me botting accounts up to 10+ hours a day with no bans at all, 99 magic from 66 in less than 2 week, 4 account with all over 75+ agl now all botted more than 4 hours a day, so there is some think you are doing to get banned so fast you my not think you are but there has be more than just the client as other have said people are using OSbot for bot farms and doing fine but you on the other hand seem to get banned like mad! and i said about being able to bot before EOC happened as jagex were said not to ban bots for a full year to try and work on making them go away (didn't happen with EOC at all), and just so you know its a AI that flags accounts so they see stuff people will not and pick up on patterns fast.

and one last thing you know why you hear more about people getting banned? because people dont moan when and go tell everyone when stuff is going the way they wish but as soon as shit goes tits up they moan about it to everyone they can.

PS i looked up to see if sandboxie changed HWID as i know it didn't when i was using it but that my have changed over time but nope it does not this is a reply from a mod on there forums too someone asking if it does
"Right now, there is no function to change a HwID. Sandboxie-Plus 1.14.7 will include HideNetworkAdapterMAC, HideDiskSerialNumber and RandomRegUID. Those features will reduce some fingerprinting vectors, but a machine should remain identifiable. Privacy was not a design goal, as far as I can tell, but it's nice to have."

Edited by manko

3 hours ago, Sublimeqt said:

I have seen this community dwindle.

3 hours ago, Sublimeqt said:

Lots of people in these discord channels talking about how dead botting feels right now etc. 

I mean, it's a 23 year old, crappy (by todays standards) java game at the end of the day... Oldschool launch was squeezing the teat a bit, but these days with all the speedrunning servers, deadman mode, etc, they're having to squeeze pretty hard to milk every last cent... The whole game is dwindling. It isn't attracting new people, particularly since the majority of young people these days need instant gratification which this game definitely is not, although even the level grinds are less of an accomplishment now as there are so many ridiculously fast ways to train skills that used to take months of botting.

31 minutes ago, Fanny said:

I mean, it's a 23 year old, crappy (by todays standards) java game at the end of the day... Oldschool launch was squeezing the teat a bit, but these days with all the speedrunning servers, deadman mode, etc, they're having to squeeze pretty hard to milk every last cent... The whole game is dwindling. It isn't attracting new people, particularly since the majority of young people these days need instant gratification which this game definitely is not, although even the level grinds are less of an accomplishment now as there are so many ridiculously fast ways to train skills that used to take months of botting.

bro what.. osrs is thriving it's gaining more players every month.

I tried to jive up this same conversation a while back. I use multiple services, and even though OSBot is one of my favorites, it is definitely at the bottom of the list when it comes to acknowledging detection issues or being proactive in development. I see people post about bot detection on here or Discord and they get gaslit while I know other platforms I use perform much better when it comes to detection rates. Mirror nor stealth allow me to farm or account build without bans, whilst others platforms using the same manual methods at least have a 50% or so success rate.