Source for learning Java with exercises

idkfa

He Guys,

I've been wanting to learn to write bot scripts for years now to make my very own private scripts and because I love botting so much.  A long time ago I posted this whole tutorial list from Oracle where they teach you in steps with exercises and all. This is the site The Java Tutorial Trail 

I was told by guys back then on a different client forum from way back that this was great but I only needed to learn it up until a certain part. Also, its been a while ago and its based on JDK8. Is still a good way to learn and if so, till what part should I study?

Are there any more things I should learn? Often when I watch a scripting video on YT they are working with things like Eclipse, Intellij of writing in Python. 

The tutorials in the sticky's looked good as well but were written in 2016. 

Cheers guys. 

Would love to get some feedback on  this by some registered scripters @Czar

@Khaleesi

Edited by idkfa

W3schools has a pretty good basic to advanced level of tutorials for people at different understandings of java. It's a pretty solid site. I would recommend learning Java because in my opinion its the most annoying or most syntax heavy language. Certain python scripts are good, but require a lot of personal setup and Osbot uses Java. If you want to make private scripts with most current clients learn Java try and have a solid understanding of up to at least basic datatypes and structures and then have a look at the Osbot api and learn based on what you don't understand!

Good luck with your botting! :)

On 3/13/2022 at 3:10 AM, natever said:

W3schools has a pretty good basic to advanced level of tutorials for people at different understandings of java. It's a pretty solid site. I would recommend learning Java because in my opinion its the most annoying or most syntax heavy language. Certain python scripts are good, but require a lot of personal setup and Osbot uses Java. If you want to make private scripts with most current clients learn Java try and have a solid understanding of up to at least basic datatypes and structures and then have a look at the Osbot api and learn based on what you don't understand!

Good luck with your botting! :)

Thanks pal. Will take a look at that website. 

On 3/12/2022 at 8:59 PM, idkfa said:

He Guys,

I've been wanting to learn to write bot scripts for years now to make my very own private scripts and because I love botting so much.  A long time ago I posted this whole tutorial list from Oracle where they teach you in steps with exercises and all. This is the site The Java Tutorial Trail 

I was told by guys back then on a different client forum from way back that this was great but I only needed to learn it up until a certain part. Also, its been a while ago and its based on JDK8. Is still a good way to learn and if so, till what part should I study?

Are there any more things I should learn? Often when I watch a scripting video on YT they are working with things like Eclipse, Intellij of writing in Python. 

The tutorials in the sticky's looked good as well but were written in 2016. 

Cheers guys. 

Would love to get some feedback on  this by some registered scripters @Czar

@Khaleesi

Just learn the basics and then try to write some yourself.
Check other open source projects for idea on how to tackle certain things :)