Khal Tempoross

Khaleesi

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Khal, I love your scripts, but this one seems to need some additional love.

The default reaction time for mirror mode is way too long, can you please set the recommendedMirrorReactionTime as such?

@Override
    public int getRecommendedMirrorReactionTime() {
        return 50;
    }

Some bugs I found:

Bug: Sometimes runs over fire losing items

Solution: only bucket fires when traveling and the fire is in the way. Sometimes it will bucket all 3 fires on land when it's cooking.

Bug: Sometimes when running to the ship, a wave will come and lose items before reaching the mast

Solution: If the totem pole is closer, attach to that.

Bug: Sometimes when fixing the totem pole (and maybe mast) will also attach itself and be unable to move

Solution: move the unattach logic further up the priority list or increase the timeout for fixing the totem pole

Improvements:

Sometimes there are so few players it is obvious it's a bot, or it just plays badly. Can you add an option to wait for >5 players to enter the minigame?

Also, if it could cook while waiting for a jumping fish spot. something like if you have >5 fish and no jumping fish spot cook, and if a jumping fish spot appears immediately start fishing it.

11 minutes ago, konzy said:

Hey Khal, I love your scripts, but this one seems to need some additional love.

The default reaction time for mirror mode is way too long, can you please set the recommendedMirrorReactionTime as such?

@Override
    public int getRecommendedMirrorReactionTime() {
        return 50;
    }

Some bugs I found:

Bug: Sometimes runs over fire losing items

Solution: only bucket fires when traveling and the fire is in the way. Sometimes it will bucket all 3 fires on land when it's cooking.

Bug: Sometimes when running to the ship, a wave will come and lose items before reaching the mast

Solution: If the totem pole is closer, attach to that.

Bug: Sometimes when fixing the totem pole (and maybe mast) will also attach itself and be unable to move

Solution: move the unattach logic further up the priority list or increase the timeout for fixing the totem pole

Improvements:

Sometimes there are so few players it is obvious it's a bot, or it just plays badly. Can you add an option to wait for >5 players to enter the minigame?

Also, if it could cook while waiting for a jumping fish spot. something like if you have >5 fish and no jumping fish spot cook, and if a jumping fish spot appears immediately start fishing it.

1) It's already set to 50 ms, CPU burning mode is on 😉 
2) I chose to make it bucket fires on land aswell to prevent spreading else you are stuck anyway, tested this for over 1000 games and this gave the best performance overall.
3) No good way to fix that tbh, just bad luck with timing, shouldn't happen a lot either
4) It's not that simple, there is no such thing as "unattach" logic.3
Run the bot in injection, then you can see how its supposed to run. All the other things are mirror related issues, delays and bugs.

I could have it check the players before it start and leave if it's too low.
I can also check to cook if there is no jumping fish, could increase the points slightly :) 

Edited by Khaleesi

29 minutes ago, Khaleesi said:

1) It's already set to 50 ms, CPU burning mode is on 😉 
2) I chose to make it bucket fires on land aswell to prevent spreading else you are stuck anyway, tested this for over 1000 games and this gave the best performance overall.
3) No good way to fix that tbh, just bad luck with timing, shouldn't happen a lot either
4) It's not that simple, there is no such thing as "unattach" logic.3
Run the bot in injection, then you can see how its supposed to run. All the other things are mirror related issues, delays and bugs.

I could have it check the players before it start and leave if it's too low.
I can also check to cook if there is no jumping fish, could increase the points slightly :) 

Thanks for the quick reply. I didn't realize how much mirror mode affected the delays and inconsistencies. 

I figured there might be an animation or stance for being attached to the mast/totem, but it seems like there isn't a good way to tell.

Thanks again.

8 minutes ago, konzy said:

Thanks for the quick reply. I didn't realize how much mirror mode affected the delays and inconsistencies. 

I figured there might be an animation or stance for being attached to the mast/totem, but it seems like there isn't a good way to tell.

Thanks again.

I did add the player check, will now skip games when ther eis less then 4-5 player in the boat. Also added a checkbox for that on the gui to enable/disable
I also added the logic you suggested, where you catch a few fish and cook them until a jumping fishing spot is active or whenever they are cooked :)

I also reduced the range it will douse fires in on land and made in somewhat random aswell in between games.
Ya there is not really a decent way to check if you are attached or not except for the messages. but mirror skips a lot of them so its not really reliable to use that :/
I will check and see if I can find something to combat this.

These changes should be live in V1.09 in a few hours, let me know how that works for you

hello, love the script. one small issue seems to be given the right timing the player will attach itself to the pole just after the storm hits and will get stuck there till the next storm hits. is there anyway to add a failsafe to deattach if it gets stuck on the pole for x amount of time. thank you keep up the good work bro.

16 hours ago, cumpft said:

hello, love the script. one small issue seems to be given the right timing the player will attach itself to the pole just after the storm hits and will get stuck there till the next storm hits. is there anyway to add a failsafe to deattach if it gets stuck on the pole for x amount of time. thank you keep up the good work bro.

Well there are a lot of failsafes, but they don't work on mirror mode... :/ Still looking for a solution for that issue