Question about VPN

RugerCroz

3 hours ago, arbicrax172 said:

What use case would you have for playing legit on a VPN tho? If you're playing legit there's no reason not to use your home IP. 

some people just like using vpns like if  you dont want your ip to get grabbed from a link or something. Maybe you don't care about that, but its not like you can get banned for using a vpn

3 hours ago, arbicrax172 said:

What use case would you have for playing legit on a VPN tho? If you're playing legit there's no reason not to use your home IP. 

I used a vpn to get german netflix and play rs in the back ground as a legit player I have hundreds of hours on a vpn. Just my account might get locked randomly and that is fixed with a password change. I feel the risk for a ban is marginal to zero for legit players.

23 hours ago, Nbacon said:

I used a vpn to get german netflix and play rs in the back ground as a legit player I have hundreds of hours on a vpn. Just my account might get locked randomly and that is fixed with a password change. I feel the risk for a ban is marginal to zero for legit players.

It took me a year to understand what exactly the point is but now with that I think I get what you're saying. Playing legit on a VPN while using it for other things? I guess that makes more sense. I was taking that as someone needlessly using a VPN solely for playing the game. 

Edited by arbicrax172

23 hours ago, Wisply said:

some people just like using vpns like if  you dont want your ip to get grabbed from a link or something. Maybe you don't care about that, but its not like you can get banned for using a vpn

I mean..I guess sure, but as I said above there's really no need tbh. And yes you shouldn't get banned if playing legit regardless of the IP you're using. I just couldn't think of a reason someone would be playing legit on a VPN is all so I was just a bit curious.

Edited by arbicrax172