-Beginner/Easy Clue Scroll Solver-

PULLupONaKID

I am just finishing up the last chunk of clues to finally finish my Clue Scroll Solver. I wanted to release the script for free, however I know there are rules against releasing certain types of scripts for free, so I wanted to make a post about it first, and maybe figure out what are some possibilities for releasing it for free if the initial answer is simply no...

...In other words, if I need to limit some of its capabilities to be able to release it for free, I was hoping to find out what those might be. Below are a list of things it currently features, as well as what I plan on adding as well. I am assuming in order to make this script a freebie, I will likely have to limit it to simply just a clue scroll solver (not allowing it to actually obtain more clues, just simply solve any that the user may already have), however if this isn't the case, I already have a personal combat script that I have used to trained all my accounts that I could just link together with this one and implement that as well, if allowed. Anyone who knows what can and can't be posted for free, please let me know. Anyway, on to the features...

-Features-

• Currently will solve any clue scrolls that the user already has the stats to solve. So if a user doesn't have the fishing levels to complete a "Charlie the Tramp" task, it will simply drop the clue, otherwise it can solve any Charlie type clues currently in the game.

• It can solve any search-type clues (ex. Search the crate in a Varrock bank.)

• Falador Park/Music Player Clues can be solved if the user has already unlocked the music for the given clue

• Talk-to/Find NPC Clues can all be solved. (ex. Speak to Hans to solve this clue)

• Emote-Type Clues can all be solved. (ex. Spin in Varrock general store wearing a HAM robe top, Blue wizard bottoms, and a Bronze Warhammer) - will drop clue if user does not have the required levels to wear any of the gear

• Teleports are enabled and working - kind of an obvious one here, however the current paid medium clue scroll solver I noticed on the SDN had a bunch of reviews stating that they were not teleporting at all while solving clues.

• Efficient methods were used to keep the amount of code used to complete script at a minimum. Also an obvious one, but I had to include it, as my coding style/methods have improved a lot since I first began, and have cut the amount of code required down by over 80% what I likely would have used for a script like this in the past.

Before I release it...

1. I have to come across just a few more clues to check for any bugs. 

2. Allowing use of Stash-spots to complete clues.

3. Grand Exchange access to buy any items the user may not have already, that are required to complete a clue. 
  • Like 1

You can release any script you want in the unofficial section. Then you can just obfuscate the source so nobody can see it unless this is an open source project. I released a quester when I was first learning for free and it still receives downloads to this day.

If you want to release it on the SDN there are rules against duplicate scripts to help avoid saturation and I believe one of the lead developers of OSBot has a clue solver on there.

With that being said, you can still put in a request to have it released on the SDN and it will be reviewed by the script officer. If he decides it would be a good addition to the store for free then he'll put it alongside the other clue solver otherwise he'll let you know why not.

• Like 1

On 6/16/2020 at 12:01 PM, ExtraBotz said:

You can release any script you want in the unofficial section. Then you can just obfuscate the source so nobody can see it unless this is an open source project. I released a quester when I was first learning for free and it still receives downloads to this day.

If you want to release it on the SDN there are rules against duplicate scripts to help avoid saturation and I believe one of the lead developers of OSBot has a clue solver on there.

With that being said, you can still put in a request to have it released on the SDN and it will be reviewed by the script officer. If he decides it would be a good addition to the store for free then he'll put it alongside the other clue solver otherwise he'll let you know why not.

Someone has a medium clue solver on there, however it seems like the script, despite being a paid one, isn't efficient or that effective. Numerous people have stated that is drops clues, because it can't solve them (this shouldn't be any issue for a lead developer IMO, as well as it walks everywhere, which is an easy fix. Takes 1 line of code to fix the issue. 

I will be releasing mine in just a day or two, accidently got att levels on my obby mauler. So I must make another account and want to use this script to get 75 str before I release it for free use, however the free version I will likely make it so it won't actually get clues for the user, just solve them. That way I can continue to use it without risking a ban, yet still help others complete clues.

I appreciate the info man, I really do!

On 6/16/2020 at 5:23 PM, D9BLADEE said:

Looks good, GL extra features :)

Thanks buddy.

Only thing I have left to do before I release the first version/beta is to get one more hot/cold beginner clue. Since all of the clues have the same IDs, I need to come across the clue myself to be able to find a way to identify the last location based on how hot or cold the device is in fixed locations. Due to how many times hot/cold clues pop up for beginner level, I don't want to release the script until I complete this final piece of the puzzle. Hoping a lot of people put the script to good use when I release it though. It has taken so much time to get all the clues myself and ensure all of it works. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/22/2020 at 5:33 AM, PULLupONaKID said:

Someone has a medium clue solver on there, however it seems like the script, despite being a paid one, isn't efficient or that effective. Numerous people have stated that is drops clues, because it can't solve them (this shouldn't be any issue for a lead developer IMO, as well as it walks everywhere, which is an easy fix. Takes 1 line of code to fix the issue. 

I will be releasing mine in just a day or two, accidently got att levels on my obby mauler. So I must make another account and want to use this script to get 75 str before I release it for free use, however the free version I will likely make it so it won't actually get clues for the user, just solve them. That way I can continue to use it without risking a ban, yet still help others complete clues.

I appreciate the info man, I really do!

This.

The Exco Clue Solver drops clues very frequently and has various webwalker isues.

On 7/14/2020 at 12:43 PM, LuukBot said:

This.

The Exco Clue Solver drops clues very frequently and has various webwalker isues.

I legit had just finished my script, it sidnt drop any clues, and would train to get any skilling stats req for charlie clues even. It also obtained clues and herbs by killing men or druids, whichever user was closer to upon start. 

On top of that I enabled teleports and equipment teles and tabs for transportation, and staminas for faster completion rates.

Ended up dropping my laptop for the first time ever (was old school af) and the HDD got completely ruined, tried everything to fix it, but had no success.

Just got a new gaming laptop today with SSD, so I am about to start fresh with rewriting the script again. FML. It required so much work getting every clue available too.

On 7/14/2020 at 3:09 AM, Bigbaws said:

Cant wait to try this out :) 

Going to be another week at least until it is released. Read my post above

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/22/2020 at 9:36 AM, PULLupONaKID said:

I legit had just finished my script, it sidnt drop any clues, and would train to get any skilling stats req for charlie clues even. It also obtained clues and herbs by killing men or druids, whichever user was closer to upon start. 

On top of that I enabled teleports and equipment teles and tabs for transportation, and staminas for faster completion rates.

Ended up dropping my laptop for the first time ever (was old school af) and the HDD got completely ruined, tried everything to fix it, but had no success.

Just got a new gaming laptop today with SSD, so I am about to start fresh with rewriting the script again. FML. It required so much work getting every clue available too.

Any updates man?

On 7/22/2020 at 10:36 AM, PULLupONaKID said:

Any progress?

• 2 months later...
On 8/14/2020 at 6:24 PM, Bakonbitz705 said:

Any progress?

Honestly I was so upset that my HDD broke legit within 30 minutes of finishing the script. So I just barely started writing it from scratch 2 days ago. Good news is that I am practically done with all the coding for it, I am just adding in all of the different clues you can get for beginner and easy ones. Should be all finished within the next 1-3 days, then will open it up for free to beta testers, then from there fully release it.

On 8/14/2020 at 4:16 PM, Hysteriqul said:

Any updates man?

Yessir, please refer to my last comment. Anyone who has posted on this forum when I was originally going to release the script, will get the opportunity to beta test it for bugs if they would like to, before anyone else. LMK if interested, should be done in 1-3 days. Just fine Tuning and adding solutions to the remaining clues.

13 hours ago, PULLupONaKID said:

Honestly I was so upset that my HDD broke legit within 30 minutes of finishing the script. So I just barely started writing it from scratch 2 days ago. Good news is that I am practically done with all the coding for it, I am just adding in all of the different clues you can get for beginner and easy ones. Should be all finished within the next 1-3 days, then will open it up for free to beta testers, then from there fully release it.

Yessir, please refer to my last comment. Anyone who has posted on this forum when I was originally going to release the script, will get the opportunity to beta test it for bugs if they would like to, before anyone else. LMK if interested, should be done in 1-3 days. Just fine Tuning and adding solutions to the remaining clues.

Very intertested. lemme know when its done and i'll happly test it :)

• 5 months later...