Can "cold storage" bots get banned?

JaredFulton

Let's say I have a tutorial island bot farm. I make x number of accounts per week, complete tutorial island and a few skill levels, and I log them out. Their details are stored away for MONTHS.

Is there any sort of behavior that can get them banned (IP changing, playing on many at once, OS changing, etc) that can trigger a ban? Or are these completely legitimate accounts as far as Jagex is concerned?

Further, can botting on a new account on the same IP/machine get these accounts retroactively banned? Also, are these accounts "flagged" in any way so they'll be more likely to be banned once they do begin botting?

I ask because I hear stories about bot farmers raising and selling piles of them and they can be banned within hours of even legit play on a new IP.

Thanks!

32 minutes ago, Kramnik said:

Well they can get a delayed ban, create them and put in storage but technically they are already banned. You can rest them weeks or months that wouldnt change anything. When you login to them they will be banned in 30-60 minutes no matter what you do, also other factors like IP doesnt matter aswell.

Interesting. So, what should I do on them to make sure they won't be delay banned? Just play on them normally for a few days prior to retiring them?

2 hours ago, JaredFulton said:

Interesting. So, what should I do on them to make sure they won't be delay banned? Just play on them normally for a few days prior to retiring them?

Don't think you can do anything about it, the result will be the same.

Scenario 1: You bot account, rest for two months, come back to it bot/hand play get banned in 1 hour

Scenario 2: You bot account, try playing few days normally, but probably you will find it banned or get banned in the next playing session

Scenario 3: You bot account, play few days normally, leave for month, come back, its not banned then you start the bot and bam banned in less than hour. Just because your account was somesort of flagged but not enough to banned. Ofc this is just guessing how this works based on personal experience.

If they flag you and give you a delayed ban because they caught there is nothing you can do about it. You should just do tutorial island by hand, then play sometime by hand, maybe rest them a little bit, then you could start getting into botting if you want them to be safe. But this only give you slight edge, if you still do stupid stuff after it like chopping willows in f2p in draynor and still it will be easy ban.

Edited by Kramnik

From experience and from numerous posts on this forums prior, botting tutorial island is not something many accounts survive and if they do the life cycle for the account is a lot less than doing it legit, that being said even doing it legit can land you with a ban which I’ve also experienced. Due to the amount of accounts created it would be silly if jagex didn’t have something that could check or see how many accounts are being made on an IP per day and delay or chain ban them knowing what they’re going to be used for