MirrorClient v5.0

MGI

On 4/28/2020 at 3:35 AM, MGI said:

Release notes (5.0):

• Fixed memory leaks that would gradually increase memory usage over time.
  • Fixed certain crashes/glitches that would occur mostly in version 4.0.

Why does it run x64 to x64 bit on Mac but only 64 to 32 on windows? My powerhouse pc is performing shittier than a MacBook Air because of it.

Is this exclusive only to mac?? or is there something that i can do.

Edited by UncleHard

17 hours ago, UncleHard said:

Why does it run x64 to x64 bit on Mac but only 64 to 32 on windows? My powerhouse pc is performing shittier than a MacBook Air because of it.

Is this exclusive only to mac?? or is there something that i can do.

There isn't a difference AFAIK.

Specs of windows and macbook machines?

Also, just so you know, MacOS has forced 64 bit compatibility. 32 bit apps don't work anymore 

Edited by Protoprize

23 minutes ago, Protoprize said:

There isn't a difference AFAIK.

Specs of windows and macbook machines?

Also, just so you know, MacOS has forced 64 bit compatibility. 32 bit apps don't work anymore 

thats what it is then, the mac has an intel i5 and 8gb ram. windows has an i7 and 16gb ram 

Edited by UncleHard

On 5/10/2020 at 2:00 PM, Protoprize said:

Possibly, and also, what i7? Also, you tried re-installing java? https://adoptopenjdk.net/

Bro, i reinstalled java different versions etc. the fact that the mirror client only runs in 32 bit and converts 64 to 32 causes a significant reduction in performance.

MAC OS forces 64 bit so therefor the mirror mode runs in 64 bit which is why a shitty old mac will outperform a literal RIG of a pc when it comes to mirror mode frame rates.

This is an issue that should be looked into as way more people use windows due to macOS hardware restrictions.

10 minutes ago, UncleHard said:

Bro, i reinstalled java different versions etc. the fact that the mirror client only runs in 32 bit and converts 64 to 32 causes a significant reduction in performance.

MAC OS forces 64 bit so therefor the mirror mode runs in 64 bit which is why a shitty old mac will outperform a literal RIG of a pc when it comes to mirror mode frame rates.

This is an issue that should be looked into as way more people use windows due to macOS hardware restrictions.

No idea what you're talking about. The only performance issue I notice with 64x32 is more ram usage than 32x32

3 hours ago, UncleHard said:

I'm pretty sure something else is wrong. No one has ever complained about this before, and no one has any issues like this, apart from you. 

There is no issue to look into unless you find out why you are having the problem yourself. What you think could be a 'rig' of a PC could be, like I said, an old outdated computer with 'i7' written on it. But, if you are really keen on re-producing the 'problem', try re-installing your OS (probably will do you some good) and see how it runs then. If it still 'fails', submit bug report and see what the devs say. 

Otherwise, I don't think it's worth even looking into as you're not really giving us much to work with, apart from saying 'fix your shit that doesn't work on my PC because my PC is shit'

On 5/17/2020 at 5:34 AM, Protoprize said:

I'm pretty sure something else is wrong. No one has ever complained about this before, and no one has any issues like this, apart from you. 

There is no issue to look into unless you find out why you are having the problem yourself. What you think could be a 'rig' of a PC could be, like I said, an old outdated computer with 'i7' written on it. But, if you are really keen on re-producing the 'problem', try re-installing your OS (probably will do you some good) and see how it runs then. If it still 'fails', submit bug report and see what the devs say. 

Otherwise, I don't think it's worth even looking into as you're not really giving us much to work with, apart from saying 'fix your shit that doesn't work on my PC because my PC is shit'

I installed a fresh copy of windows 10 pro. The processor runs at 3.7GHZ and it has 16 GB ram and a 6GB graphics card. More than enough to run a damn game from 2005 and a mirror client. It uses less than 15% of my cpu and less than 15% of my RAM. I work IT I’d know if there was an issue but when I can run a modern game with a smooth frame rate with barely any stress  and a shit 2010 mac runs it better there’s an issue. What does it say the the top left corner of your screen? x64 to x32? Right? no I know for sure it says that if you’re on windows and THAT IS THE ISSUE. 64 bit is so much more capable and MAC forces it. If its possible to update mirror mode to run 64 bit on windows it will be 10x more efficient and capable. Don’t try to downplay what I’m saying here its a fact.

NOW FOR CLARIFICATION THIS ONLY APPLIES TO COMPLEX SCRIPTS LIKE AIO HUNTER SIMPLE SCRIPTS RUN AT A SOLID 50.

Saying that a pc with those specs is “shit” makes you sound like you don’t know shit. Anyways are you MGI are you coding anything at all? Doubt it.

Now let me educate you take a look buddy this is footage from my boys shit Mac look at those pixels. Now look at what it says top left can you match that in windows 64 to 64??

Make it happen in windows. Can you run the hunter script at a solid 50 frames no you cant. He dropped a frame taking the pic that’s how old the shit is. Otherwise it stays stuck at 50. No one on windows gets this type of performance. His system has 4 gig ram!

I know what I’m talking about and I want mirror mode to continue to improve so I’m just dropping my 2 cents don’t respond as if I’m a dumbass with a shit pc to try to make yourself seem smarter.

Everyone else in my group chat with windows cannot get this smooth of a frame rate. Mirror forces 32 bit on windows.

THIS IS THE MAC :

E324E20F-9CC0-4048-8A4C-83C40429BB90.png

THIS IS A WINDOWS THAT HAS BETTER SPECS THAN THE MAC. NOT MY "SHITTY PC" FOR EVEN FURTHER CLARIFICATION

unknown.png

The issue is not only isolated to me it affects all windows users and no matter what a 64 bit update would improve performance for everybody.

Even if you get good FPS this will improve it even further. 

Edited by UncleHard

• Developer
3 hours ago, UncleHard said:

I installed a fresh copy of windows 10 pro. The processor runs at 3.7GHZ and it has 16 GB ram and a 6GB graphics card. More than enough to run a damn game from 2005 and a mirror client. It uses less than 15% of my cpu and less than 15% of my RAM. I work IT I’d know if there was an issue but when I can run a modern game with a smooth frame rate with barely any stress  and a shit 2010 mac runs it better there’s an issue. What does it say the the top left corner of your screen? x64 to x32? Right? no I know for sure it says that if you’re on windows and THAT IS THE ISSUE. 64 bit is so much more capable and MAC forces it. If its possible to update mirror mode to run 64 bit on windows it will be 10x more efficient and capable. Don’t try to downplay what I’m saying here its a fact.

NOW FOR CLARIFICATION THIS ONLY APPLIES TO COMPLEX SCRIPTS LIKE AIO HUNTER SIMPLE SCRIPTS RUN AT A SOLID 50.

Saying that a pc with those specs is “shit” makes you sound like you don’t know shit. Anyways are you MGI are you coding anything at all? Doubt it.

Now let me educate you take a look buddy this is footage from my boys shit Mac look at those pixels. Now look at what it says top left can you match that in windows 64 to 64??

Make it happen in windows. Can you run the hunter script at a solid 50 frames no you cant. He dropped a frame taking the pic that’s how old the shit is. Otherwise it stays stuck at 50. No one on windows gets this type of performance. His system has 4 gig ram!

I know what I’m talking about and I want mirror mode to continue to improve so I’m just dropping my 2 cents don’t respond as if I’m a dumbass with a shit pc to try to make yourself seem smarter.

Everyone else in my group chat with windows cannot get this smooth of a frame rate. Mirror forces 32 bit on windows.

THIS IS THE MAC :

THIS IS A WINDOWS THAT HAS BETTER SPECS THAN THE MAC. NOT MY "SHITTY PC" FOR EVEN FURTHER CLARIFICATION

unknown.png

The issue is not only isolated to me it affects all windows users and no matter what a 64 bit update would improve performance for everybody.

Jagex official client on windows comes with outdated 32bit java7 jvm, mirror does not 'force' anything.

You can run official client on 64bit java8 jvm, however then you will no longer be running it on 'official' configuration.

Also is windows running under virtual machine or bare hardware?

How many cores does your cpu have?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, UncleHard said:

I work IT I’d know if there was an issue but when I can run a modern game with a smooth frame rate with barely any stress  and a shit 2010 mac runs it better there’s an issue

Working in IT doesn't mean you magically stand out and understand everything to do with every hardware/software problem.

THAT IS THE ISSUE. 64 bit is so much more capable and MAC forces it. If its possible to update mirror mode to run 64 bit on windows it will be 10x more efficient and capable.

No, that's not the issue, and that's not how this works.

No, as I said, I'm talking from experience of talking to people on a daily basis who are like, 'I bought a really good gaming pc on ebay for a cheap price' only to then find out that they've been cucked. You're not giving us any specs apart from saying that it's a 'rig of a pc'. We don't care that you think you have a rig of a PC, unless you give us more information, we can't help you. And also, yes, I work as a software developer.

Now let me educate you take a look buddy this is footage from my boys shit Mac look at those pixels.

I'm looking at the pixels, yes, retina displays are nice to look at and macos scales apps up very well. Doesn't look nice on other monitors so idk what's your point with this.

2 hours ago, MGI said:

He dropped a frame taking the pic that’s how old the shit is. Otherwise it stays stuck at 50. No one on windows gets this type of performance. His system has 4 gig ram!

This whole point is also invalid, you've got discrepancies as well (for example: different version of script, doing different tasks) First picture shows the script running somewhat 'sophisticated' code to hunt chins, and your second shows the script running getWalking().webWalk(Location here); 

No you don't know what you're talking about, and you just proved it. Read your own post back to yourself, you are being the dumbass trying to make yourself seem smarter than everyone.

and no matter what a 64 bit update would improve performance for everybody.

No, if anything, it won't make enough of a difference for anyone to notice/care. 

To summarise, as MGI asked for too now, if you want to help, stop beating around the bush and give us the actual info of your PC instead of your own opinion.

• Like 1

@UncleHard Listen to them. They're correct for the most part. The only suggestion I got for you, is to try would be using 32 bit java. Reduces ram quite a bit, pretty small cpu reductions.

651165615516156156156156.PNG.4eef86d4b1ca5a72e16eaeee0e61305e.PNG

These clients^ are freshly launched and have only just sat in the main menu. They're Stealth injection but so you can better compare to the official client's usages.

Edited by Gunman

On 5/20/2020 at 11:58 PM, UncleHard said:

THIS IS THE MAC :

unknown.png

You need to chill my dude

• Like 2