Aren't free users supposed to be able to open two tabs?

danieljvdm

Title really says it. I'd love to have two tabs for scripting reasons, but paying $10 a month is simply ridiculous for 2 tabs... also I read somewhere that free users get max 2.

Turning this into a petition to allow active, free users to have a maximum of two tabs. Say in the forum if you want to sign your name. Ultimately, we cannot force any owners into doing this, but we can at least convey the community support for it. Thanks.

Petition:

danieljvdm

Runescaper

Edited by danieljvdm

I did remember reading that free would have 2. But regardless, if we have, say, a pure and main, we're already paying Jagex ~$16 a month on accounts, and then OSbot expects us to pay $10 more on that. That's about $25 a month for an online game... I have plenty of money to be able to pay for it, but it's just extremely hard to justify. I don't care about all the other benefits, I'd just like another tab. Perhaps a $20 one time fee or a smaller, perhaps $2/mo, fee is a better idea. I want to pay back the developers for the work they've done, and I will, but not through a $10/mo fee... That's more than my Spotify or Hulu subscriptions, which I'd rank as far more important than Runescape...

I did remember reading that free would have 2. But regardless, if we have, say, a pure and main, we're already paying Jagex ~$16 a month on accounts, and then OSbot expects us to pay $10 more on that. That's about $25 a month for an online game... I have plenty of money to be able to pay for it, but it's just extremely hard to justify. I don't care about all the other benefits, I'd just like another tab. Perhaps a $20 one time fee or a smaller, perhaps $2/mo, fee is a better idea. I want to pay back the developers for the work they've done, and I will, but not through a $10/mo fee... That's more than my Spotify or Hulu subscriptions, which I'd rank as far more important than Runescape...

I agree, I think free users should get two bots or price for having say 2-3 bots should be much cheaper than $10. Even something like $3-4 per extra account per month

I think that everyone should get 2 tabs, and then have paid tiers that allow you to get more. Most people have two accounts, and should be allowed to bot with these, imo. If people want to gold farm, or level up a massive amount of bots, they need to pay. 

To be honest, though, my main qualm is scripting. The official script writers are fine, but for someone like me, it's a massive pain to have to stop another script I might have running to test another one of my scripts, especially when the other script I'm running is usually another instance of one of my scripts that I'm trying to test over a period of time. It really hinders third party developers' ability to develop for the community (all my scripts are free to use).

• Like 2

I think that everyone should get 2 tabs, and then have paid tiers that allow you to get more. Most people have two accounts, and should be allowed to bot with these, imo. If people want to gold farm, or level up a massive amount of bots, they need to pay. 

To be honest, though, my main qualm is scripting. The official script writers are fine, but for someone like me, it's a massive pain to have to stop another script I might have running to test another one of my scripts, especially when the other script I'm running is usually another instance of one of my scripts that I'm trying to test over a period of time. It really hinders third party developers' ability to develop for the community (all my scripts are free to use).

I think official script writers should get more tabs. I'm not sure what they get as of now though.

I think official script writers should get more tabs. I'm not sure what they get as of now though.

Well obviously  and I'm sure they do, but what I'm saying is not every developer is an official one. The only way to become an official one is to produce high quality scripts, and when you don't have access to more than one tab, that's extremely hard to do... catch 22...