What do you do when people don't pay you ?

joniassassin

Like, i'm a small fish, i'd say i sell 50-70m/month depending on the circumstances and my routine.

But people keep coming back because of my customer service (i like to be really friendly), which as expected (i guess) created some.... problems.

I have some really old customers, that bought some good 10+ times but, some delay payments, and when you talk to them, they keep saying stuff and still doesn't pay, lol

I do trust that they will pay soon, it is not like i'm saying i got scammed because i sold gold in advance (which is stupid as it sounds, i know).

Question is : What do you guys do when people don't pay you ? you report them to the place where the trade was placed ? [for example purposes, let's say this forum] 

You don't trade the person in question anymore.

etc.

Make them pay first or use a MM in the future, you shouldn't ever be letting people pay later unless they're a friend or highly trusted - Even then I wouldn't let them pay later unless it was a small amount.

Since you're already in this situation, what I'd do is give them a date to pay the money by.. If they don't pay within that time report them on any websites they have a profile on for scamming.

In the work industry I'm in, I typically take a downpayment or deposit prior to doing any work. Covers me for any materials used and it's also peace of mind. I usually take a 20% deposit which is usually enough to cover materials for the job. Also making it clear in the schedule of works that full payment is to be recieved within 28 days of completion. Though it's different for this type of thing you could still take a deposit, failing that you could always use a MM If they don't trust you for whatever reason. I've had this happened to me in the past many times which is why I don't give anyone an opportunity to make a fool out of me.

I digress however, if we're talking strictly about exchanging gold for IRL I would usually ask for half the payment before the transaction, the remainer after. It's all down to yourself and what you wish to do. If it's someone on this forum or another, make a thread to prevent others being scammed.

• Administrator

If they aren't paying when you agreed upon, yes make a dispute. You don't need to be to friendly or you will be taken advantages of, which it already seems those customers are. Trust me there are plenty of people willing to pay or use a middleman so you get your money almost instantly.