Superman

Should there be a donator rank?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or No?

• Yes
    • No (please post why)

I agree they should be made.

TONS of forums have donor ranks/PiPs.

Yeah sure people already have to pay for Sponsor/VIP and actually get benefits unlike a donor rank, but still, many people like to donate donate just to donate (out of kindness/for the PiP/helps them do better in the market).

So why should we stop/disallow them from donating just because we assume that they wont?

Sythe is a 100% free black market yet tons of people donate and they have donor ranks all the way up to the $300+ mark.

It's free money for OSBot in exchange for a Rank/PiP and people do donate, so yes!

By not wanting this rank, you're basically just saying no to free funding.

Edited by YoHoJo
  • Like 1

I agree they should be made.

TONS of forums have donor ranks/PiPs.

Yeah sure people already have to pay for Sponsor/VIP and actually get benefits unlike a donor rank, but still, many people like to donate donate just to donate (out of kindness/for the PiP/helps them do better in the market).

So why should we stop/disallow them from donating just because we assume that they wont?

Sythe is a 100% free black market yet tons of people donate and they have donor ranks all the way up to the $300+ mark.

It's free money for OSBot in exchange for a Rank/PiP and people do donate, so yes!

Thats exactly what I was thinking :P

We do not need this donator rank. It is just an easy way for some people to donate $2.50 and get a PiP. If people want to donate then they can donate but I do not see any point in having a PiP/user group just for donators. If you want to be seen to support the site, buy VIP/sponsor. That is what those ranks are for, yes you get perks like more tabs but in the end you really are paying to support the site.

tl;dr I do not agree with this.

they already have a donate system

http://osbot.org/forum/index.php?app=nexus&module=clients&section=donations

doesnt actually do anything on your part though

If you donate you should get a donator rank, to show others you care.

So the only way you'll donate to help out the site is if you can show it off to everyone else? wacko.png

We do not need this donator rank. It is just an easy way for some people to donate $2.50 and get a PiP. If people want to donate then they can donate but I do not see any point in having a PiP/user group just for donators. If you want to be seen to support the site, buy VIP/sponsor. That is what those ranks are for, yes you get perks like more tabs but in the end you really are paying to support the site.

tl;dr I do not agree with this.

Not like 2.50, more like 15 dollars or more.

they already have a donate system

http://osbot.org/forum/index.php?app=nexus&module=clients&section=donations

doesnt actually do anything on your part though

If you donate you should get a donator rank, to show others you care.

So the only way you'll donate to help out the site is if you can show it off to everyone else? wacko.png

Yes. Why did you buy sponsor? Hmmmmmmm...? Lol its the same thing