Opinion on this dedicated servers specs?

Proton

Okay this build really seems odd. 6 cores, 12 logical, 3,3Ghz/4,5 Ghz turbo. This is not very powerfull processor tbh. I use ryzen 5 1600x which has same cores but 3,3ghz/4,2ghz turbo so close enough and whole pc costed 500£. Anyway I see you want to put in 64GB RAM, this number is crazy :D the processor wont match even close to it. When I turn on 25 bots it reach around 8GB of rams so even 32GB is more than you need. Also SSD is also huge. 1TB of it. And for botting you wont need that at all. So would suggest changing it a little bit so you could save some momey :)

2 hours ago, kramnik said:

Okay this build really seems odd. 6 cores, 12 logical, 3,3Ghz/4,5 Ghz turbo. This is not very powerfull processor tbh. I use ryzen 5 1600x which has same cores but 3,3ghz/4,2ghz turbo so close enough and whole pc costed 500£. Anyway I see you want to put in 64GB RAM, this number is crazy :D the processor wont match even close to it. When I turn on 25 bots it reach around 8GB of rams so even 32GB is more than you need. Also SSD is also huge. 1TB of it. And for botting you wont need that at all. So would suggest changing it a little bit so you could save some momey :)

I can't see it being possible to use 8Gb of ram for 25 bots. The client averages around 500Mb - 1Gb of RAM per client depending on the script.

6 hours ago, Proton said:

Looking to buy my first dedicated server, to anyone who's got experience with them what do you think about these specs? :)

image.png.d74d4710fda3e0a7331bfaf5780d8626.png

No way in hell this server is going to hold 40-50 clients. You don't really need to worry about the public or private network and as well don't try and put 40-50 client on 1 dedicated server. Try getting multiple servers and setting a limit to the client you put on them you don't want to max out the CPU. Are you planning to use Linix or Windows operating system this would determine the ram you need. 

Edited by StickTalk

17 minutes ago, UPTHEABRO said:

32gb ram is enough, you should be able to run 30 ish clients depending on script

Well that depends most likely he will need to virtualize the dedicated server to proportion out the CPU. A windows install takes at least 2GB ram idle without running anything you'll use 1.2gb of that with 30vm 1 client per vm for the 2G ram and maybe 2v cores your already at 36GB of ram used. I guess it all depends logistically how he proportions out the CPU/RAM and how many clients he wants to run per VM for efficiency. 

Edited by StickTalk
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, kramnik said:

I tend to run 5-7 clients with 3-5 bots on each of them and if I run bots on CLI mode they use less RAMs

You mean Low CPU mode and disable client rendering right? CLI is the command line tool for launching clients. Also afaik running 1 or more bots per client doesn’t impact the amount of RAM used massively as you still have to open and render an instance of the game. It will use slightly less RAM as it’s all happening from 1x client but nothing substantial.

18 hours ago, StickTalk said:

Well that depends most likely he will need to virtualize the dedicated server to proportion out the CPU. A windows install takes at least 2GB ram idle without running anything you'll use 1.2gb of that with 30vm 1 client per vm for the 2G ram and maybe 2v cores your already at 36GB of ram used. I guess it all depends logistically how he proportions out the CPU/RAM and how many clients he wants to run per VM for efficiency. 

Why would h e need to virtualize the server