OSBot's mouse movement is easily detected

asdttt

23 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

I don't think you'd get banned, just the alt accounts that you have would be. You're only allowed to use one account. (Unless your other account was banned for whatever reason then you'd be banned but I don't think you're the scammer type based on the conversation here)

We are however off-topic and I think what you have is very interesting.

This might seem like a troll and it's not. This is an actual question.

Can you tell us exactly what Jagex is tracking when it comes to the mouse? I mean every aspect of the mouse, not just that they track the mouse because this has been established.

And if we somehow got access to Jagex detection methods, would they suggest exactly the same thing you would tell us?

Read the initial post. There is where I post where they feed the an array your mouse positions on a 50MS tick cycle, then I also post were they ship it off. 

Few things the code tells me as to what they're tracking:

||) Equal, or zero movements are tracked by ticks. If you don't move your mouse for 30 ticks, they'll know. 

1) Movement of the mouse is tracked, smalls/medium movements exactly by this (Reconstructed):

int yDiff = (recordedY - previouslyRecordedYMove); 

int xDiff = (recordedX - previouslyRecordedXMove);

handler.packetBuffer.putShort(yDiff + (idleIndexesPassed<< 12) + (xDiff << 6));

idleIndexesPassed = 0;

movementIndex = the indexes skipped before finding a mouse move in the X/Y mouse recorder. Used to track time between mouse movmenets. 

2) Larger movements that are made in less then 8 ticks of "idle" mouse:

int var10 = (recordedY * 765 + recordedX);

handler.packetBuffer.put24bitInt((idleIndexesPassed << 19) + var10 + 8388608);

idleIndexesPassed = 0;

3) Large movements that are made 8+ ticks from being "idle"

int var10 = (recordedY * 765 + recordedX);

var14.packetBuffer.putInt((field608 << 19) + var10 + -1073741824);
idleIndexesPassed  = 0;

The majority of OSBot's movements would fall under #1's logging. The others are just for larger mouse movements (in terms of last X/Y -> new X/Y)

What does that mean? Well for starters, they can easily pickup on those last 3-4 samples of OSBot's flawed mouse movement as it's sent to the server. 

Edit: Why do they record mouse movements like:  (recordedY * 765 + recordedX);?! Well, they do that because they're lazy and combine the integers as so. You see, they cap the X axis at 764, therefor it can never be over 765. So getting the recordedY from the recordedX in that single integer is basic math. It's just like that for performance

So they could fetch the X/Y of a large movement from that recorded integer like:

int combined = (100 * 765 + 50); #Equals 76550 

int y = (76550 / 765);
int x = (76550 % 765);

Edited by asdttt

10 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

@asdttt I'll reiterate

• How do you know this is what Jagex is using for bot detection?
  • Do you think Jagex would have their detection methods accessible outside of the company?
  • Do you know every aspect of Jagex's bot detection methods when it comes to the mouse?

1) I mean they're logging the differences between X/Y for small/medium movements, and the position for larger movements. They're also logging the time between each movement. Therefor, they're most certainly viewing/checking individual mouse movements, just as I did in my sample. They have all the data they need to figure out OSBot's flaws

2) ????. Of course they wouldn't show their "top secret methods" (Which btw, are a lot more common then you think lol). But as you can cleaaaarly see, they're logging mouse data, and the perfect amount to figure out the flaw for themselves. 

3) Based on previous experience with hacking/anti-cheats, I can relate to some of the detection methods they're most likely using. Flaws being the easiest, while patterns not being far behind. Do I personally know what they do with the data? No? But can I speculate and use the same data they're collecting to see if I too can detect it? Absolutely yes!

Jagex didn't invent Heuristic/anti-cheat. They've merely implemented it into their own system and tuned it to fit. We know what data we're sending them, and we can manipulate that data however we want. 

So lets start with the flaws, then move onto the patterns. Current most obvious flaw is the mouse movement - which as I've showed you.. Jagex has this same data being sent to them (I literally rebuilt the obfuscated code for u wtf). 

Edit: I'll give a prime example of a flaw in one of my aimbots on battlefield. I was making my aim based on YAW/Pitch of my character/camera, rather then mouse delta + sensitivity factors. Why is this a flaw? Well, you see, the camera is moved based on mouse delta, therefor if my yaw/pitch movement wasn't align with what a mouse would of made, it's easily detected

Edited by asdttt

19 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

This is the point I was trying to get at is that we are all speculating what Jagex does with the data, what parts of the data is really being analyzed and finally, what really leads to a conviction.

Is the mouse flawed? Yes

Are you onto something? Probably.

Mind you the client itself needs to know where the mouse is and this could just be for game-play. I am not going to deny the mouse is tracked. If they need the mouse for game-play tracking the mouse for bot detection is not far off.

But if we have established that we don't know what they do with the data how do we know that their methods of detection are common? We don't and again this is speculation.

It is all speculation and trial and error. Some things will work and some things will not work.

The mouse is also just a piece of the puzzle.

Again your findings are very interesting but is it solved? I don't believe you have solved the problems. I believe you are on the right track though.

Well here's what throws our entire argument under the bus. You don't believe anything I say. 

We'll never know what they do with the data. No fucking anti-cheat to ever exist blatantly tells hackers how they're being detected so please stfu with that. Everything is not based on trial an error unless you decide to take that route. For me, everything is based on being able to analyze the very data they are analyzing and seeing if I can pickup on it. If I can, change it. If I can't, then I'll move on to trail and error. 

The only reason I'm suddenly bypassing on all my scripts is because of using new mouse movement. Whether you want to believe that is up to you. But imo, that's a pretty fucking solid link lmao. 

Enough of this argument. I've shown more then enough evidence. You can keep saying "Oh yeah!! Well maybe they collect thousands upon thousands of mouse samples so they can tie it in with the game engine! Yup!" Even though - BTW, they only started doing this AFTER they implemented the new heuristic checks... HMM

What's absolutely known: OSBot doesn't have human mouse movement

Leave it at that and please don't bother me with another one of your "OH YEAH BUT HOW DO YOU KNOOOOW THEY ARE USING THIS DATA TO DETECT MEE!!". Data is present on their servers. Same data is detectable by myself and anyone else who reads my samples. Therefor, needs to be changed :) 

Edit: I didn't even fully read you because I was pissed, but:

"The mouse is also just a piece of the puzzle."

Yeah no shit. Once this is fixed, I'll move onto other OSBot API related aspects that are easily detected (If there is any). Until then, fix the mouse movement

Edited by asdttt

5 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

How many times do I need to tell you that I think you're on the right track?

Just stop it at this: OSBot needs new or altered mouse movement. The current CAN BE easily detected based solely off the data collected by Jagex. IMO, and in my own tests, it is. Whatever that means to you is up to you. 

Edit: And I'm not going to waste my whole week building a bigger sample size for you guys. I like this community, but not THAT much lol. Either take what I say into consideration, or don't. Completely up to you. But I wont ever deny what I've said here. 

Edited by asdttt

2 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

If you do want to create a larger sample size (yes I can see here that you say that you don't want to do that) I have just over 2k fresh accounts that have not completed Tutorial Island.

If you are interested in creating a larger sample size I would provide you these accounts (I will give you the details about creation if you want to build a larger sample).

Feel free to PM me on OSBOT if you're ever interested or you want to test anything else and need accounts.

Nah I'm good. Why waste my time on people who don't believe me despite the evidence I've brought forward. Hell I bet even after those samples, those same people will still express concerns about my samples lol. I'm sure some people at least took something from this topic which is all I can hope for. 

• Like 2

These are the kind of discussions needed (without the insults of course) on this forum.

I find it incredulous that there are lots of people here that will happily try and shrug this discussion off with "no one knows why you get banned".

Perhaps stats based evidence is the best way to go rather than "no one knows, dont bot what you dont want to lose"

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Alek said:

@asdttt @Malcolm @dreameo @Patrick

Antiban doesn't matter - plain and simple.

If you do any research into official claims made by Jagex, you can see why. They claim that both autoclickers and simulated mouse keys are detectable, and yes people do get banned for using them. For an autoclicker, the mouse doesn't move at all (don't get me started on pseudo number random generators for sleep time).

Gary's Hood and AutoHotKey are detected, both which use SendInput - which is Windows API. My thoughts are that they are just checking the stacktrace of mouse events and determining their source. 

Additionally a while back they determined that HD clients are indistinguishable from botting clients, which also makes me believe they are looking at the garbage collector.

But of course, go play around with antiban like everyone else has for the last 15 years - I'm really pessimistic in your results (nothing personal, but it's really a naiive approach).

Well for starters, let's accept the fact that Jagex sends mouse movements to the server for analyzing, AND I myself was able to very very easily pickup on OSBot's using basic math using the exact same data they're sent. There's serious flaws in the movement, mostly the last bit where it ends. Please review my research so you too will actually see these flaws. I have no idea how you find this to be naive, especially since a fairly large amount of anti-cheats rely on mouse DPI movements to detect certain hacks - even aimbot. OSBot's mouse movement is flawed, as simple as that. If you dispute that fact, please give me insight because I'd love to see you defend that obvious pattern... FYI, many anti-hacks actually use 50MS tick sampling. Hell, minecraft's servers RUN on 20 TPS. It's a great number for anything but visual rendering. To 

Next, I've searched through the runescape source numerous times and yes. To say we're not ever able to bypass is a bit absurd considering WE are feeding them the data. You need to remember that even though Jagex made the client, they're still on a virtual machine. Java is VERY VERY manipulable on purpose due to how high level it is, and the nature of how it's deployed on many platforms - which I'm sure you already know. Autoclickers are easily detected because, as you said, they do not execute the same click as a mouse would. Although an internal autoclicker, as far as they know, does not produce the same flaws and you're then in control of nearly every factor including press/hold timings (Assuming you don't create flaws...). They also do not do any stracktrace checks from what I've seen, although tomorrow I'll be sure to search for that. If you'd like me to provide hard evidence on click sampling, I'll do so tomorrow. It's hard to elaborate without providing at least something to back me up. 

So for example: https://github.com/zeruth/runescape-client/blob/master/src/Client.java#L3371

That's where they send the timings of the mouse, and here's where they track the mouse input/timings (Using normal Java events)...

https://github.com/zeruth/runescape-client/blob/master/src/MouseInput.java

Also if they did detect all autoclickers, that wouldn't explain the HUGE amount of people using them on their mains and never getting banned. 

As for the garbage collector... Your actually absolutely correct on this one. Jagex at ANY time can request a sample of your garbage collector. IMO a garbage collector simply can't be enough to distinguish a bot client from an official client, but they could probably detect a difference between a non-official client and official. Although I could be wrong as I myself haven't personally tested the garbage collector timings, oldGen size, newGen size, or frequencies between collections. This would be banning solely on assumption though which I doubt Jagex would do.

Here's  the nearly-de-obfuscated code for that: https://pastebin.com/FzdBmKPL

It's just measuring the actual collection events rather then memory consumption. Still though, this is a very unstable measurement and I doubt they'd ban us soly based on this.

However.. There is one other thing they could possibly use to directly detect a bot, although I still kinda doubt they'd go to this extent. They have a class checker which they, like the GC info, can request at anytime. 

https://github.com/zeruth/runescape-client/blob/master/src/Client.java#L4315

Weird right? I'm sure they use it for debugging purposes and possibly client compatibility/version checking, but you can't deny they couldn't use that to snoop around the JVM and find some bot classes. Especially considering how specific java packaging is. 

And this isn't anti-ban. The whole "anti-ban" thing makes 0 sense. There's no such thing as some magical thing that makes you unbannable. It's a combination of your bot's ABILITY that lead to a ban, not checking skills, not taking breaks, and not talking in chat. For instance, mouse movement, button hold times, mouse click-rate (Yes IMO they take account for this), mouse hold-time, and so on.

There's no SINGLE check on their anti-hack, so implementing new mouse movement wont suddenly make OSBot 100% undetectable. Although, it's a major step in the right direction. Not sure if you're aware of this, but there is a LAAARGE amount of people who bypass.. Not going to name any groups because of how censoring you guys are on here, but Ik that you know they exist so please stop pretending bypassing is impossible. Not to mention, I've still yet to be banned..?

If you'd like to discuss this in private, I'd love to show you a much better way of moving the mouse without generating patterns. 

-- Oh and just to close this, who really cares what Jagex says..? You really think they'd give critical detection information out to the public? I doubt they'd even tell their own moderators what they use to detect the majority of bot clients. Personally, I think they purposely spread false information just to fool botters.. I mean come on, this company couldn't even do dead man mode correctly without killing everyone. 

Edit: Eh I made something quick with JavaFX to further display what I meant by autoclicker flaws (Press->Release):

My normal mouse:
 ->> Mouse press timings (MS): 78
 ->> Mouse press timings (MS): 63
 ->> Mouse press timings (MS): 59
 ->> Mouse press timings (MS): 70
 ->> Mouse press timings (MS): 75
 ->> Mouse press timings (MS): 87

Autoclicker:
 ->> Mouse press timings (MS): 0

See? When you use that windows event, you have a delay of 0. This is also true if you make an internal autoclicker, but don't delay your events. Jagex is sent this data which they collect using the JVM's event's. 

Edit2: Also please at least give me some level of respect. I'm not some random moron shouting at potential super cool anti-ban features. I'm a fellow programmer trying to help this community by finding flaws in OSBot. Many reject me simply based on my account age, but I'm not full of shit. At least read what I have to say and test it for yourself before tossing it out the window like it's meaningless. 

Edited by asdttt
  • Like 6

Here's the auto-clicker I made in C++. Put simply, you need to input your minimum click delay (In milliseconds), and your maximum click delay (In milliseconds). The mouse will then emulate a normal person clicking their mouse at the rates you provided and at the current position of your mouse. Keep in mind that these rates will NOT be exact, and simply kept as some sort of target goal. It also wont click at absurd speeds like 20 clicks per second or so on.  

<LINK REMOVED BY STAFF DO NOT RE-UPLOAD>

This auto-clicker, unlike most auto clickers, does not produce flaws that the JVM could pickup on (As far as I know that is...). If Jagex somehow manages to distinguish a hardware click from a software click through some crazy magic then this will obviously get you banned. I doubt they can detect it, but I still wouldn't use it for large time periods. 

5008cac2445e583162bc544a7578ebca.png

FYI: I tested Gary's Hood autoclicker, and unless I'm using an outdated version or it interacts differently with RS's window, it produces the same flaws I described above. Not recommended. To those who have bypassed using it, lucky you. IMO Jagex purposely lets people bypass at times just to further you from figuring out why the hell you're being detected lmao. Jerks

Timings:

->> Mouse press timings (MS): 51
 ->> Mouse press timings (MS): 113
 ->> Mouse press timings (MS): 147
 ->> Mouse press timings (MS): 75
 ->> Mouse press timings (MS): 72
 ->> Mouse press timings (MS): 56
 ->> Mouse press timings (MS): 57

4 minutes ago, Alek said:

I disassembled your autoclicker - it is exactly the same as 99.9% of other autoclickers. The JVM can 100% pick this up, you're using a ring3 usermode Windows API - aka SendInput. You talked about mouse detection and aimbot anticheat, but you're using SendInput...

Just use AHK, you will get banned at the same rate.

Explain how you'd detect that on the JVM level.. My own mouse assigns macros using sendInput... Atm on my mouse, I use one of my bumpers for mouse clicks because the left click is broken from being dropped. 

Also the input event delays are logged as clear as day in runescapes code... 

Edited by asdttt

5 minutes ago, Alek said:

Because you're using SendInput... all Windows API functions can be hooked and detected. Look into JNI/JNA (Java). Please don't say something is undetected/hardware call when you're using a usermode public Windows API function call.

My mouse's driver uses SendInput.. (Assigned to bumper through Logitechs software)

I think you're WAAAAY overthinking this man. They're clearly checking for the delay between press, and release. If they had a way to detect non-hardware clicks, why the fuck would they bother getting the delay lol?

Edit: Also, does the on-screen keyboard not use SendInput API...? Of course it does. 

Edit2: Not to mention if they had native code, we'd be able to see it. Kinda hard to hide software being ran on the endusers computer..

Edited by asdttt