Alternative to WebWalking

Bobbey

I am working on an alternative to webwalking, where if the player is in the predicted area, it will walk to the destination using Walking.walkPath();

But does this reduce ram usage if the script at least once uses Walking.webWalk? Or does the web stay in the ram? If so, then what I am doing it pretty useless.

Edited by Bobbey

10 hours ago, Bobbey said:

Haha I JUST finished working on the alternative xD

@Patrick I notice the webwalking uses more RAM on linux? Is this the case, or do I have some linux memory leak? (bots use 1.5GB on linux, 800MB on windows,,,)

MAke sure you have sound off on RS, usually on linux the sound drivers aren't installed so it'll eventually crash due to memory leak, also all scripts with WebWalking uses 500mb+ of memory, without it you can get scripts to 50-100mb which means you can almost run 5x more accounts with the same ram just by not using WebWalking. Nice to hear Patrick comment on fixing the amount of memory WebWalker uses.

@Chiseled Yeah I definitely turned off sound...
It took me about 8 hours of programming and testing (mostly testing) to switch over to my own pathing system. But now my server can run 60 bots instead of 25!

What I did was make 'paths' of small areas and have the mouse click on the minimap on a random position in those areas one by one. If it cannot find a path, it will try LocalPathFinder. As final attempt it will use webwalking (which has not happened to my knowledge yet)

Edited by Bobbey

13 hours ago, Chiseled said:

MAke sure you have sound off on RS, usually on linux the sound drivers aren't installed so it'll eventually crash due to memory leak, also all scripts with WebWalking uses 500mb+ of memory, without it you can get scripts to 50-100mb which means you can almost run 5x more accounts with the same ram just by not using WebWalking. Nice to hear Patrick comment on fixing the amount of memory WebWalker uses.

50-100MB??? How does one accomplish that? -allow nointerface,lowresource,norender????

2 hours ago, Bobbey said:

50-100MB??? How does one accomplish that? -allow nointerface,lowresource,norender????

spot on, need to build the script in a manner to where it always has fail safes, think of it all, lags, deaths, etc, then the script should always know how to behave, you can watch the bots from an alternative account to see whether they end up where they should of, not sure how many people utilize those `nointerface` `lowresource` and `norender` features but it's impressive and very well designed, recommend you aim to design scripts that work with them

• Like 1