Hello + Few questions :)

S7ewie

Hello, newbie here :)

recently decided to return to RuneScape after what.. 15+ years? Seems crazy it was that long ago. Amazingly I still have access to my old character but as with everyone else it’s obviously been forced onto the new RS3 and I just don’t recognise anything haha. Give me OSRS any day!

So I’ve been forced to start again with OSRS which I don’t mind. I was always against Botting when I was younger but I’ve done my share of grinding and I figure I’m entitled to a little help to get me started again haha.

Just wondering if anyone can give me any tips to get started? So far I’ve been playing with a premium mining, woodcutting and fishing script and they’ve been working pretty flawlessly. I’ve been doing a lot of questing and my own manual grinding in between however. It seems though that a lot of people still get caught. Is that mostly down to being flagged by other players or is it automatic systems? Are you more likely to get caught using something fairly interaction heavy like a combat or agility script compared to something that covers fairly automatic processes anyway like fishing and woodcutting? And if bans are so frequent then what’s the real goal? Just see how far you can get before you get banned and you have to start all over again? Just curious haha

S7ewie

7 minutes ago, S7ewie said:

recently decided to return to RuneScape after what.. 15+ years? Seems crazy it was that long ago. Amazingly I still have access to my old character but as with everyone else it’s obviously been forced onto the new RS3 and I just don’t recognise anything haha. Give me OSRS any day!

So I’ve been forced to start again with OSRS which I don’t mind. I was always against Botting when I was younger but I’ve done my share of grinding and I figure I’m entitled to a little help to get me started again haha.

Just wondering if anyone can give me any tips to get started? So far I’ve been playing with a premium mining, woodcutting and fishing script and they’ve been working pretty flawlessly. I’ve been doing a lot of questing and my own manual grinding in between however. It seems though that a lot of people still get caught. Is that mostly down to being flagged by other players or is it automatic systems? Are you more likely to get caught using something fairly interaction heavy like a combat or agility script compared to something that covers fairly automatic processes anyway like fishing and woodcutting? And if bans are so frequent then what’s the real goal? Just see how far you can get before you get banned and you have to start all over again? Just curious haha

S7ewie

I'll just say this. Don't bot on account you are willing to lose. The Ban wave has increased steadily for the past few months, so if your going to test out a few things for your treasured accounts sake please use an ALT that you don't care about losing.

Also might I suggest buying VIP and using Mirror Mode with Osbuddy?

Also Welcome to OsBot <3

Edited by Knuckolls

42 minutes ago, S7ewie said:

Same question.. if people don’t bot on accounts they care about.. what’s the point?

Some people make accounts with the intention of botting them. When one of those get banned, it doesn't feel as bad as if you had levelled that account up by hand for so long. 

7 minutes ago, Decode said:

Some people make accounts with the intention of botting them. When one of those get banned, it doesn't feel as bad as if you had levelled that account up by hand for so long. 

But what’s the point if you know it’s going to get banned? That’s like building a house, knowing that it’s going to fall down again. Do people just do it because they enjoy watching the scripts run?

19 minutes ago, S7ewie said:

But what’s the point if you know it’s going to get banned? That’s like building a house, knowing that it’s going to fall down again. Do people just do it because they enjoy watching the scripts run?

You never know for sure when you'll get banned or if you'll get banned. Yeah the chances are pretty high, but you still have a slim chance to go unnoticed. 

6 hours ago, S7ewie said:

S7ewie

Welcome <3

If you want to make progress without getting banned or putting in effort, bot a goldfarming method and pay a servicer to handtrain your account for you - bans are very common these days.

• Heart 1

9 hours ago, Decode said:

You never know for sure when you'll get banned or if you'll get banned. Yeah the chances are pretty high, but you still have a slim chance to go unnoticed. 

So people just bot lots of accounts and hope that one of them survives?

6 hours ago, Tony said:

Welcome <3

If you want to make progress without getting banned or putting in effort, bot a goldfarming method and pay a servicer to handtrain your account for you - bans are very common these days.

Thanks. 

I didn’t think gold farming was viable because of the trade limit.. then I realised that that was removed in an update 7 years ago ?.. that shows how long it’s been since I last played haha. So do people mainly bot for gold farming then? 

I think I’m going to stop botting this character, hope that he’s survived a ban and maybe bot a second. What’s the safest way to do that? Are VPNs the way to go?

13 minutes ago, S7ewie said:

So people just bot lots of accounts and hope that one of them survives?

Thanks. 

I didn’t think gold farming was viable because of the trade limit.. then I realised that that was removed in an update 7 years ago ?.. that shows how long it’s been since I last played haha. So do people mainly bot for gold farming then? 

I think I’m going to stop botting this character, hope that he’s survived a ban and maybe bot a second. What’s the safest way to do that? Are VPNs the way to go?

Just search around in the botting & bans subforum and a few others. I'm sure you'll be able to answer questions through your own research. :)

• 1 month later...