OSRS Ban Megathread - 9/27/2018

Logicfury

On 9/7/2018 at 3:57 PM, Excitedguy said:

Got banned today. Just created my account 2 days ago. Botted less than 8 hours each day. Went through tutorial island legitimately, paid to be a member, bought a bond and sold it for gold. Only used 2 paid scripts. One was the Sandy crab combat script to level my defense to 30 and the other was the stealth questing script. Also bought VIP status to try out mirror mode, but sadly both scripts I used did not work properly with mirror mode. So I was forced to start using the injection method today. I requested a refund on the stealth questing script since I bought it today and used it and got banned on same day. Not sure if I can get a refund on the other script or the VIP purchase, but if not, oh well.

It's worth noting that since this was a new account, I didn't even get the 2 day. Straight from clean as a whistle to permenant ban. I also know it's not IP address related or anything cached on my computer. This is my first time playing this game in years, and I got a new PC since I last played.

Gotta say I'm disappointed, I followed the guidelines posted here to not get banned and I still got banned. Just a warning for the rest of you out there, doesn't seem like a good time to bot.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was the quester. I've been hearing a lot of people getting banned from that :s.

Man, I botted wine of zamoraks till like 50 magic and then started botting frogs in lumbridge still 60&att,str,def and then moved on to bot green dragons (was running 4 accounts on same ip, was botting like a month only jagex non work hours) then went to nmz used free public nmz script in osbot botted literally straight all night for like 3 weeks no bans and reached 99 str and train oether stats.

1 hour ago, Bjotorsflav said:

Man, I botted wine of zamoraks till like 50 magic and then started botting frogs in lumbridge still 60&att,str,def and then moved on to bot green dragons (was running 4 accounts on same ip, was botting like a month only jagex non work hours) then went to nmz used free public nmz script in osbot botted literally straight all night for like 3 weeks no bans and reached 99 str and train oether stats.

Did you use a particular strategy which lead to the evasion of bans?

On 9/11/2018 at 5:00 PM, TiaJonsson said:

Did you use a particular strategy which lead to the evasion of bans?

Hell NO lol I was goldfarming

19 hours ago, Logicfury said:

A lot of people are attention depraved. Just because someone makes a claim on the internet it does not make it true. Good luck.

I have even made a thread of the picture with proof, dafuq dog. I even have pictures of my goldfarms if u want to see it "MR"

Edited by Bjotorsflav

Client: OSBOT Injection
Time online the day leading to a ban: 4 hours
Activity leading to a ban: APA AIO Cooker in Hosidius Kitchen 
Age of account: 15 years old

Maybe I'm the unluckiest MFer on earth, but that was my first time using OSBot, had all the antibans on (randomizer, afker), and I got banned after only 4 hours with breaks.

Account was P2P, high combat, 150+ QP, 15 years old, unbotted. Hadn't botted on that IP nor on that PC.

FML

On 9/6/2018 at 9:37 AM, pab said:

One was my main with 150 qp and 1500 total, 6 year old account with bot busting and macro minor on record from years ago. Other is a week old only agility done. I figured I'd trigger it. I was just playing my luck.

Update to this situation:

Main account unbanned after no appeal - Assuming because the account had so much recent legit playtime and only one day of botting made it look stolen? Or perhaps that I bot from my work IP and home IP. Still waiting to see if they'll have mercy on my mule account that was also banned..

Either way - been botting on an iron account same ip same machine since this ban and just finished sitting out the first 2 day ban after suiciding agility for almost a week straight to test how quick they'd get me after my main ban. Took a full week before the ban was applied on the new account. Could have been a delayed ban.

My conclusion: Mirror mode is the way to go. Especially if you're risking a main. Though it's probably not worth it to risk a main unless you have no prior bans.

Edited by bap

This statement is for Injection with each account on private proxies.

So I have made 10 accounts for testing purposes of my own code, as finding certain bugs is simply faster if you're testing the code on 10 accounts, rather than 1 or a few for that matter. Every account was hand done through tutorial island, ON THE OSBOT CLIENT, and each has its own proxy, and every account so far has ran about 6-10 hours a day on average of botting in the past week without bans. I have not done anything by hand past the point of getting it off tut island, and passing it gold for membership.

Each account has a wide variety of levels, ranging from 40+ stats in all combats, 60+ cooking, 50+ wc'ing, 50+ thieving, 40+ crafting, and some other levels without any issues.

Many of these accounts have also been doing gold making methods that I will not describe here, without issue.

No bans have occurred yet on any accounts, looking forward to seeing if they survive tomorrow morning. I will update as bans occur, with specifics as to what they were doing the day they were banned. (Keep in mind, bans could happen simply out of my failure to prevent errors from happening or catching them before it does something stupid, which I will state, these are for code testing purposes, not specifically gold farming at its core)

Not sure if this will be helpful for consideration in your statistics and opinion, but I figured I would share. All scripts are hand written by me, the complexity of the scripts is higher than I would say your general scripts would be in regards to randomness, and very few have patterns albeit they level the same skills, they randomly choose to do it in different manners.

Hope this helps! Nice thread.

Edited by Chubby
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Chubby said:

So I have made 10 accounts for testing purposes of my own code, as finding certain bugs is simply faster if you're testing the code on 10 accounts, rather than 1 or a few for that matter. Every account was hand done through tutorial island, ON THE OSBOT CLIENT, and each has its own proxy, and every account so far has ran about 6-10 hours a day on average of botting in the past week without bans. I have not done anything by hand past the point of getting it off tut island, and passing it gold for membership.

Each account has a wide variety of levels, ranging from 40+ stats in all combats, 60+ cooking, 50+ wc'ing, 50+ thieving, 40+ crafting, and some other levels without any issues.

Many of these accounts have also been doing gold making methods that I will not describe here, without issue.

No bans have occurred yet on any accounts, looking forward to seeing if they survive tomorrow morning. I will update as bans occur, with specifics as to what they were doing the day they were banned. (Keep in mind, bans could happen simply out of my failure to prevent errors from happening or catching them before it does something stupid, which I will state, these are for code testing purposes, not specifically gold farming at its core)

Not sure if this will be helpful for consideration in your statistics and opinion, but I figured I would share. All scripts are hand written by me, the complexity of the scripts is higher than I would say your general scripts would be in regards to randomness, and very few have patterns albeit they level the same skills, they randomly choose to do it in different manners.

Thanks for this! I hope all goes well as I've been botting since March 2018 and only up until the last 2 weeks my accounts, including my main, have been banned. I've used VPNs since then to create email addressees and other rs accounts but they've ALL been banned within 24hrs of botting no matter what skill or how long I'm botting. I've also started to create another main, played legit for like a week including mobile, and one day botted for under an hour once from 1-18 thieving (Perfect Theiving script, paid for) and was banned the following day. I've also been taking advantage of the twitch promo for free month of membership for these accounts, thought I should mention that. Idk what I'm doing wrong. Do I need something outside of a VPN to continue to bot successfully? 

Also how difficult can it be to make your own script? I see alot of room for improvement on alot if these scripts. I've never programmed anything if that's what it takes but I'm willing to learn. Please respond. Thanks and happy botting!

On 9/12/2018 at 12:41 PM, sambist68 said:

Client: OSBOT Injection
Time online the day leading to a ban: 4 hours
Activity leading to a ban: APA AIO Cooker in Hosidius Kitchen 
Age of account: 15 years old

Maybe I'm the unluckiest MFer on earth, but that was my first time using OSBot, had all the antibans on (randomizer, afker), and I got banned after only 4 hours with breaks.

Account was P2P, high combat, 150+ QP, 15 years old, unbotted. Hadn't botted on that IP nor on that PC.

FML

This is a great share. Seems to only confirm that Jagex is definitely flagging third party clients that aren't returning a known signature (RE: OSBuddy, Runelite etc). Thanks for your input.

On 9/14/2018 at 11:28 AM, bap said:

Update to this situation:

Main account unbanned after no appeal - Assuming because the account had so much recent legit playtime and only one day of botting made it look stolen? Or perhaps that I bot from my work IP and home IP. Still waiting to see if they'll have mercy on my mule account that was also banned..

Either way - been botting on an iron account same ip same machine since this ban and just finished sitting out the first 2 day ban after suiciding agility for almost a week straight to test how quick they'd get me after my main ban. Took a full week before the ban was applied on the new account. Could have been a delayed ban.

My conclusion: Mirror mode is the way to go. Especially if you're risking a main. Though it's probably not worth it to risk a main unless you have no prior bans.

This is more conclusive evidence that 99.99% of IPs are not monitored by Jagex even after past bans. The only example I've seen of flagged IPs are goldfarming / creating multiple accounts at the same time. This also confirms that the anti-cheat team handles bans through specific mandates and require manual oversight. A functional AI botwatch would never let a suicide botter using a popular script slip under the radar. Thanks for your input.

On 9/16/2018 at 6:45 PM, Chubby said:

Thanks for you input.

Think we have a bigger issue. None of my scripts are clicking anything. Is OSbot broken? Does anyone even update it? I hear mirror mode has been abandoned. Might be time to switch to a client with more active developers. It's a shame, because I just came here from Advertising other bots isn't allowed.. I guess poopbot is my only hope now?

Edit: Lol at the censoring of other bots. I think you guys know what I mean anyway..

Edited by Glaciation96

2 minutes ago, Glaciation96 said:

Think we have a bigger issue. None of my scripts are clicking anything. Is OSbot broken? Does anyone even update it? I hear mirror mode has been abandoned. Might be time to switch to a client with more active developers. It's a shame, because I just came here from Advertising other bots isn't allowed.. I guess poopbot is my only hope now?

Edit: Lol at the censoring of other bots. I think you guys know what I mean anyway..

Every Thursday is update day for OSRS. It's gonna mess with osbot for a little bit for a quick fix is put up.

16 minutes ago, Jack Sparrow said:

Every Thursday is update day for OSRS. It's gonna mess with osbot for a little bit for a quick fix is put up.

Thanks, really hoping you're right. Because I just got banned using Advertising other bots isn't allowed. a minute ago lol. This is why I came here...